Republicans might finally be getting it!

Smellin Coffee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Fox News is hurting the Republican Party, according to a study conducted by a top official in the first Bush administration.

The study, authored by Bruce Bartlett, who worked in the Treasury Department under George H. W. Bush and was also a domestic policy adviser to Ronald Reagan, found that Fox viewers tended to be less informed about current affairs than people who watch mainstream news -- and even people who don't watch the news at all.

"Republican voters get so much of their news from Fox, which cheerleads whatever their candidates are doing or saying, that they suffer from wishful thinking and fail to see that they may not be doing as well as they imagine, or that their ideas are not connecting outside the narrow party base," Bartlett said.

Citing a host of other studies, Bartlett found that Fox News viewers tended to have misguided beliefs about the Iraq War, the Affordable Care Act and other major issues. He also noted that Fox's audience tended to hold a bias against Muslims.

"It appears that right-wing bias, including inaccurate reporting, became commonplace on Fox," Bartlett said.

This is especially problematic, he said, because "many conservatives now refuse to even listen to any news or opinion not vetted through Fox, and to believe whatever appears on it as the gospel truth."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/19/fox-news-republicans_n_7320180.html

Smellin Coffee said:
Fox News is hurting the Republican Party, according to a study conducted by a top official in the first Bush administration.

The study, authored by Bruce Bartlett, who worked in the Treasury Department under George H. W. Bush and was also a domestic policy adviser to Ronald Reagan, found that Fox viewers tended to be less informed about current affairs than people who watch mainstream news -- and even people who don't watch the news at all.

"Republican voters get so much of their news from Fox, which cheerleads whatever their candidates are doing or saying, that they suffer from wishful thinking and fail to see that they may not be doing as well as they imagine, or that their ideas are not connecting outside the narrow party base," Bartlett said.

Citing a host of other studies, Bartlett found that Fox News viewers tended to have misguided beliefs about the Iraq War, the Affordable Care Act and other major issues. He also noted that Fox's audience tended to hold a bias against Muslims.

"It appears that right-wing bias, including inaccurate reporting, became commonplace on Fox," Bartlett said.

This is especially problematic, he said, because "many conservatives now refuse to even listen to any news or opinion not vetted through Fox, and to believe whatever appears on it as the gospel truth."

Speaking of credibility, you are killing yours by citing these articles as if they mean anything. 

"Bruce Bartlett, who worked in the Treasury Department under George H. W. Bush and was also a domestic policy adviser to Ronald Reagan" -- this is supposed to establish his lack of bias, which it doesn't.  Bush 1 and Reagan were a long time ago, and we don't even know what his views were like then.  Just because he did some work for these guys doesn't mean he's conservative.  Heck, Bush 1 wasn't even conservative.

"Citing a host of other studies" - none of which we'll identify here, of course.

"It appears that right-wing bias, including inaccurate reporting, became commonplace on Fox," Bartlett said. -- Really?  Care to substantiate that with any facts?  No, I didn't think so.

"many conservatives now refuse to even listen to any news or opinion not vetted through Fox" - this is straight out of Obama's playbook.  Don't actually try to name anyone, just say "many folks" with a sense of authority and people will buy your bs.

Well, since the other party still hasn't "gotten it," I guess the Republicans are the ones to vote for.

Huffington Post is hardly a legitimate source for honest news!

T-Bone said:

Probably every media outlet comes with a bias of some sort. Feel free to point out where they were wrong with this particular piece.

I have not read this piece...the Huff has consistently made bias hit pieces and called them news...I don't read them, except for a recent hit piece that they wrote about me and my fellow pastors, in which they lied and misrepresented the whole situation...this just reaffirmed what they are.  So just like I won't read Chick or Alberto or WND, I won't read Huff.  But thanks for the invite.?

Smellin Coffee said:
T-Bone said:

Probably every media outlet comes with a bias of some sort. Feel free to point out where they were wrong with this particular piece.

Thank you, I already did.  I could go on, but it would be a waste of time.

Smellin Coffee said:

"It appears that left-wing bias, including inaccurate reporting, became commonplace on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS," HeDied4U said.

HeDied4U said:
Smellin Coffee said:

"It appears that left-wing bias, including inaccurate reporting, became commonplace on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS," HeDied4U said.

I agree. :)

Democrats - Republicans ... different sides of the same coin. Progressives vs Conservatives ... dog and pony show debates meant to distract us. "Will Hillary had over the server?" "GOP Congress questions IRS" blah blah blah

It's not about Right vs Left ... it's about Them (Ruling Elite) vs Us

Exactly what changed with the new sweeping landslide in 2014? Nothing. Obamacare still in tact and will remain. Prez got amnesty cause wealthy GOP like cheap labor. Mitch and Boehner helping Obama get his Fast Track trade agreement because NAFTA didn't flush enough of our jobs and industries away to China and elsewhere. 

AND IF A GOP is elected President ... know what changes? Nothing.

Pastor Marty said:
Democrats - Republicans ... different sides of the same coin. Progressives vs Conservatives ... dog and pony show debates meant to distract us. "Will Hillary had over the server?" "GOP Congress questions IRS" blah blah blah

Exactly what changed with the new sweeping landslide in 2014? Nothing. Obamacare still in tact and will remain. Prez got amnesty cause wealthy GOP like cheap labor. Mitch and Boehner helping Obama get his Fast Track trade agreement because NAFTA didn't flush enough of our jobs and industries away to China and elsewhere. 

+1

Hate to say it, but with the Republicans RINO's in charge, it's just the same stuff, different day. :(

HeDied4U said:
Hate to say it, but with the Republicans RINO's in charge, it's just the same stuff, different day. :(

Yup.  Career politicians only care about keeping their perks. 

That's one of the weaknesses of our constitution.  It puts things like term limits in the hands of people who don't want term limits.  And it puts the laws regarding taking money from special interests in the hands of people who love taking money from special interests. 

The Democrats do have a comedian where they get the news...........PWAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!!  Jon Stewart, PWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA <TAKES BREATH> PWAAAAHHHHAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAHHHHHAAAAWAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

At what point do people stop referring to the majority of Republicans as RINOs and start recognizing  the Republican party for what it is?

rsc2a said:
At what point do people stop referring to the majority of Republicans as RINOs and start recognizing  the Republican party for what it is?

I did about 20 years ago when I registered Independent!

rsc2a said:

At what point will people stop referring to Democrats as Democrats and start correctly referring to them as Communists/Marxists?

"We have a Stupid Party and an Evil Party. Sometimes they get together to do something that's both Stupid and Evil. That's called bipartisanship."

Izdaari said:
"We have a Stupid Party and an Evil Party. Sometimes they get together to do something that's both Stupid and Evil. That's called bipartisanship."

Bwahahahahaha... so true.

Before going to work in the Reagan administration Bartlett was a writer for The Wall Street Journal op-ed page. He was definitely right-of-center but not a doctrinaire conservative by any means.

Pastor Marty said:

Wow! I just found out that I agree with Marty on something.

Now I feel like my morning shower has already worn out.

Next thing you know I will agree with Frag about something!  :eek:

8)

;)