Revamping Forum & Features Wish List

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Please post your ideas, constructive criticisms and features below:

Twisted wrote:
Since you're "tweaking", the page numbers for each thread have disappeared. You now have to open the thread and click on the last page.

Also, when you click on your profile, in the upper left corner, the dropdown colors of blue over dark blue make it very hard to read.

Quoting doesn't quote the entire message.

All my saved messages from the old program are gone.....very sad.

The private messaging on the old forum is now called conversations.

I think that has been lost. Not sure it was possible to save to this new format.

OK, here's another thing: if I start a reply and then change my mind, there doesn't seem to be any "cancel" feature -- I'm having to post the response and then delete it... but maybe I missed something?

you can do it

Well, you're going to to have to provide additional details; when I press Rely or Quote, it removes the quotes from earlier posts. For example, I did a "Post Reply" of your message to me, and it quoted your text, but what I wanted was:

Walt said:
Yep... just discovered this irritation... it only quotes the text, not quotes of quotes.

you can do it

Yep... just discovered this irritation... it only quotes the text, not quotes of quotes.

Counterpoint: To us old-school Internet users who are used to paring down quotes to save space, this is a feature, not a bug.

The private messaging on the old forum is now called conversations.

I think that has been lost. Not sure it was possible to save to this new format.

I assume the new software has some sort of migration utility? Ironic that it could migrate user accounts (incuding passwords!) but not private messages.

OK, here's another thing: if I start a reply and then change my mind, there doesn't seem to be any "cancel" feature -- I'm having to post the response and then delete it... but maybe I missed something?

As it stands, all you need to do is delete your text from the reply box and navigate away without clicking "Post reply."

I do agree that an actual Cancel button to clear the reply for you would be good "comfort" feature, and a lot less passive. I notice there's one for [not] editing an existing post.

As it stands, all you need to do is delete your text from the reply box and navigate away without clicking "Post reply."

I do agree that an actual Cancel button to clear the reply for you would be good "comfort" feature, and a lot less passive. I notice there's one for [not] editing an existing post.

Yep; totally on board with a "Cancel" button. I guess I'll keep posting and then deleting should I change my mind. Navigating away is also an option.

Shouldn't be any need to post and delete, though. If you change your mind before hitting "Post reply," just don't hit it. It won't get posted.

Why is 3/4 of my screen taken up with FFF Banner, Icons and white space? This is occuring on a monitor if that makes any difference. I can only see a few inches of the thread itself.

Not pinning the top bar to the top of the page would be better. It takes up too much space, and it covers the top portion of the 1st unread reply. I have to scroll up before I can read the full reply.

Not pinning the top bar to the top of the page would be better. It takes up too much space, and it covers the top portion of the 1st unread reply. I have to scroll up before I can read the full reply.

Thank you!

Not exactly a feature, but I can't help noticing there's a lot of lorem ipsum in the page footer.

Not exactly a feature, but I can't help noticing there's a lot of lorem ipsum in the page footer.
Too much Roman Catholic Latin for ya?!
:) Much to wrap up... trying to wrap this up

Ads are HUGE!!! Scroll, scroll, scroll...There's the thread!