Reveal Yourself :)

McCartyJoel

Elect
Reaction score
I'd love for as many of you in here who are willing to let us know who you are!
I'd love to know who there is in here that I knew or still have contact with.

Is there a reason so many people keep their identity a secret? I understand if you are still attending WHBC or OBC, but otherwise what is the issue? Maybe y'all can help me understand why all the anonymity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Fear is a terrible thing. Fear will lead a man to say what he doesn?t believe in order to please a critic. Fear will cause a man to sacrifice transparency at the altar of influence. Fear will keep a man quiet when he ought to speak but he will call it discretion. Fear will keep a church planter tied to a denominationally approved method though it produces few results.? -Josh Tiess

McCartyJoel said:

Is there a reason so many people keep their identity a secret? I understand if you are still attending WHBC or OBC, but otherwise what is the issue? Maybe y'all can help me understand why all the anonymity.

The benefit to anonymity is that the substance of what is written is all that matters...

If I were to tell you that my name is Walter Flanders, you may not know me, but others who read here would and immediately discount what I write and attack me regarding my various sins instead of responded to what was written.  That is why I value tho anonymity offered here - I only wished to be judged by what is written, not what others may know of me.  And this does happen in some circles; I could have absolute proof of a pastor's affair, but if I brought it up, it would be dismissed with "... you can't take what Walt says seriously - he doesn't X", where X can be "doesn't tithe",  "doesn't got soul-winning", "doesn't attend faithfully" -- and I've heard and seen this kind of thing happen

Anyway, that's my reason -- some people just have names that they are well-known by, and use them, even though their real names are known.

Others (such as Pastor Tom Brennan) post under their actual names.

Walt said:
McCartyJoel said:

The benefit to anonymity is that the substance of what is written is all that matters...

If I were to tell you that my name is Walter Flanders, you may not know me, but others who read here would and immediately discount what I write and attack me regarding my various sins instead of responded to what was written.  That is why I value tho anonymity offered here - I only wished to be judged by what is written, not what others may know of me.  And this does happen in some circles; I could have absolute proof of a pastor's affair, but if I brought it up, it would be dismissed with "... you can't take what Walt says seriously - he doesn't X", where X can be "doesn't tithe",  "doesn't got soul-winning", "doesn't attend faithfully" -- and I've heard and seen this kind of thing happen

Anyway, that's my reason -- some people just have names that they are well-known by, and use them, even though their real names are known.

And we all know Brennan's shortcomings.

Walt said:
McCartyJoel said:

That makes sense for some. Thanks for clarifying.

Jim Jones said:
Walt said:
McCartyJoel said:

And we all know Brennan's shortcomings.

Not me - I only know one or two.  :)

But, since he is known to be a pastor, any emphasis he would make on attending church can be looked at as self-serving by people trying to get out of attending church.

It's just human nature.

My name is Vincent Massi, and  I am retired and living in Mexico. So I don?t have to be afraid to post my real name. But these people do practice revenge, and I can understand why some people use screen names.

They meant it for evil, but God meant it for good. One day they will know.

Too bad Joel worships Steven Furtick/Brian Houston/Carl Lentz/Perry Noble and is a liberal who loves BLM. At least Caleb Garraway turned out ok as he's pulling America in 2024.

Understand the place, then you understand the appreciation for screen names. This isn't facebook or something of the sort. This place is where much of the original real exposure to predators took place. People who shared had a lot to lose by speaking out. The screen names and anonymity allowed for people to open up and share without fear of repurcussion.

Walt is correct, by using a screen name it allows me to share what I want to say without you judging me, but my statement. This has served me well.

When I was here much more frequently, the screen names are all that I needed. We developed relationships with each other through our posts, not through a knowledge of each other's personal lives. Many times I have prayed for a screen name when they shared prayer requests, understanding that God knew their real name and location. Some people, after interacting so frequently, we were able to figure out that we knew each other and communicated a little off site - but never really about the topics here. We just knew that we knew that we knew. ;)

It is also a place of great satire and sarcasm, which is what I found so intoxicating. A place for people who grew up in IFB, especially HAC, to poke fun at themselves in a way that no one else would understand. I chose my screen name because, as a kid, we used to throw back shots of Binaca before church. Good memories. Add to that the irony of the high alcohol content in Binaca and the fame it had as a necessary part of being a preacher boy - I find it a hysterical title to go by on a site offering so much humor.

Much of the humor is gone from the site now and it has become a place to do more ranting than satire, sarcastic humor. I miss the old days. I long for those who would travel the Old Paths with me!

It's sad so many IFB kids leave the flock to go liberal and join the seeker sensitive/liberal/BLM churches. If the young folks went to denominational churches (even Southern Baptist) it wouldn't be frowned upon as much.

Just so you all know, even though I am from liberal Illinois, I have not gone native and I do not worship Sleepy Joe, BLM or seeker sensitive, which I'm sure will come as a great relief to Mr. Chimpmunk who keeps letting us know how deeply concerned he is over those issues. And I won't go to any Southern Baptist church as long as Critical Race Theory is part of their official doctrine.

I am trying to remember if I met Mr. Chimpmunk years ago in the ghost town of St. Elmo, Colorado (west of Buena Vista). There is a woodpile on the other side of the street from the general store where if you lie down, "chimpmunks" will come out and swarm over your body and gently nibble on you, hoping to be given some "chimpmunk" food which is sold at the general store.

Just so you all know, even though I am from liberal Illinois, I have not gone native and I do not worship Sleepy Joe, BLM or seeker sensitive, which I'm sure will come as a great relief to Mr. Chimpmunk who keeps letting us know how deeply concerned he is over those issues. And I won't go to any Southern Baptist church as long as Critical Race Theory is part of their official doctrine.

I am trying to remember if I met Mr. Chimpmunk years ago in the ghost town of St. Elmo, Colorado (west of Buena Vista). There is a woodpile on the other side of the street from the general store where if you lie down, "chimpmunks" will come out and swarm over your body and gently nibble on you, hoping to be given some "chimpmunk" food which is sold at the general store.
I think Mr. Chipmunk is famous because they made a movie about him: "One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Understand the place, then you understand the appreciation for screen names. This isn't facebook or something of the sort. This place is where much of the original real exposure to predators took place. People who shared had a lot to lose by speaking out. The screen names and anonymity allowed for people to open up and share without fear of repurcussion.

Walt is correct, by using a screen name it allows me to share what I want to say without you judging me, but my statement. This has served me well.

When I was here much more frequently, the screen names are all that I needed. We developed relationships with each other through our posts, not through a knowledge of each other's personal lives. Many times I have prayed for a screen name when they shared prayer requests, understanding that God knew their real name and location. Some people, after interacting so frequently, we were able to figure out that we knew each other and communicated a little off site - but never really about the topics here. We just knew that we knew that we knew. ;)

It is also a place of great satire and sarcasm, which is what I found so intoxicating. A place for people who grew up in IFB, especially HAC, to poke fun at themselves in a way that no one else would understand. I chose my screen name because, as a kid, we used to throw back shots of Binaca before church. Good memories. Add to that the irony of the high alcohol content in Binaca and the fame it had as a necessary part of being a preacher boy - I find it a hysterical title to go by on a site offering so much humor.

Much of the humor is gone from the site now and it has become a place to do more ranting than satire, sarcastic humor. I miss the old days. I long for those who would travel the Old Paths with me!
WOW. Very well said.

I am Barry.
I have been sent here by the CCP to collect information. :ROFLMAO:

I have a YouTube channel that explains everything! Sign up, subscribe, comment and like!

This post started by former OBC preacher boy Joel McCarty has gone out of hand. He went from OBC preacher street preaching for Jim Vineyard to worshiper of hellsong/Carl Lentz/Steven Furtick. He also didn't defend Bob Ross when he got in trouble.