Revival Meeting at FBC

BamaFan

Elect
Reaction score
It was refreshing to see that FBC is having a Winter Revival in a few weeks. God still blesses revival meetings that are done under His leadership.

When I was a HAC student I was shocked that FBCH never had revival meetings like we did back home.  I don't ever remember an evangelist coming for a meeting at FBCH.  I'm guessing that the three major national meetings replaced revival meetings in their minds.

coffeewithjesus371.jpg

RAIDER said:
When I was a HAC student I was shocked that FBCH never had revival meetings like we did back home.  I don't ever remember an evangelist coming for a meeting at FBCH.  I'm guessing that the three major national meetings replaced revival meetings in their minds.

FBCH had revival meetings when you were there, every single Sunday morning was a revival.

Smellin Coffee said:

"If they ever make coffe with Jes?s into a Hispanic animated feature, I imagine the long haired guy with a beard will speak with a slight lisp."

A quote from my cousin, who is a gay female and happens to be in my office!  ;)

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

FBCH had revival meetings when you were there, every single Sunday morning was a revival.

That's pretty much what I was told when I first heard of the place.

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

Yeah, JH convinced the sheep at FBCH that having him in the pulpit was all & enough that any church would ever need as his preaching was all that was needed for a healthy church for generation.

(His thoughts not mine.)

Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

In the true sense of the word you are correct.  Maybe I should have said that I do not remember an evangelist coming for several nights of meetings.

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

In the true sense of the word you are correct.  Maybe I should have said that I do not remember an evangelist coming for several nights of meetings.

When I was growing up there, the church didn't but the youth department did. Every year a guest speaker would come in for a week, preach every night. Didn't stick permanently to some of us HB punks!

RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

Then you weren't paying attention.

February:  Winter revival for teen group.  A guest evangelist came to preach every night and during the day at school. 
March:  Pastor's School
June:  Summer Camp with guest speaker
July:  Youth Conference
August:  School Camp with guest Speaker
December:  Winter retreat

Then there was the occasional week long meeting.  In the 80's, Dr. Roberson would preach a week long meeting during the summer most years.  God Save America conferences.  Revival Fires conferences.  HAC had services at night with some frequency even before the night school started.

Growing up at FBCH, we heard sermons daily.  How many more sermons do you need to get revived?

I think RAIDER was too busy chasing CF to be at any of the Revival meetings.

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

February:  Winter revival for teen group.  A guest evangelist came to preach every night and during the day at school. 

Then there was the occasional week long meeting.  In the 80's, Dr. Roberson would preach a week long meeting during the summer most years.  God Save America conferences.  Revival Fires conferences.  HAC had services at night with some frequency even before the night school started.

Growing up at FBCH, we heard sermons daily.  How many more sermons do you need to get revived?

Get your stiken head out the stiken ground Raider you stiken deadbeat!!! JH was a stiken revival!!!

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

I was aware of most of the conferences you mentioned.  I still ask the question, "When was there a revival meeting with an evangelist scheduled for FBCH as a whole?"

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Bruh said:
RAIDER said:

I was aware of most of the conferences you mentioned.  I still ask the question, "When was there a revival meeting with an evangelist scheduled for FBCH as a whole?"
Is CF in the office with you?  Is that why you can't read?

Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Is CF in the office with you?  Is that why you can't read?

You stinkin' HB Hacker!!  The meetings you mentioned by month were not revival meetings for FBCH as a whole.  They were for select groups or were national meetings.  The God Save America and Revival Fires conferences used the facilities, but it was not a revival meeting for FBCH.  I'm talking about Dr. Hyles telling the church, Next month we are going to have a week long revival for our church with Evangelist ______________ preaching for us.  That is what I did not see. 

If you and CF would have gotten out of the tunnels, you could have come to any of them!

They were promoted.  JH asked the church to be in prayer.  Assume if the ones I attended as a teen were off site, like school camp, but anyone could have gone.  In the 80's, there were weeknight meetings that were advertised and promoted to the church.

Binaca Chugger said:
If you and CF would have gotten out of the tunnels, you could have come to any of them!

They were promoted.  JH asked the church to be in prayer.  Assume if the ones I attended as a teen were off site, like school camp, but anyone could have gone.  In the 80's, there were weeknight meetings that were advertised and promoted to the church.

Please tell me the last time that FBCH had a week long revival meeting for the people of the church at the church with an evangelist.

RAIDER said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Please tell me the last time that FBCH had a week long revival meeting for the people of the church at the church with an evangelist.
Sorry.  I haven't been back in nearly 20 years.