Rona party at my house

When it comes down to it, as you have just demonstrated again, people are exerting a prioritization of their freedom and rights over the reality that their small sacrifice could save multiple hundreds and thousands of lives.

"Drama queen". Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make such statements?

Have you worn a mask your entire life? How many people in declining health have you given the flu? or passed your bacteria?

A little patience with implementing temporary austerity measures while waiting for these vaccines to come in could make a big difference, but people demanding their individual freedoms to not have to wear a stinking mask are more important than a few minor sacrifices that save lives. It just does not make sense to me that a Christian people particularly would think so lightly of other people's lives.

You have already accepted your argument as fact. No one is killing hunderds and thousands of people by not wearing a mask. In fact, many times, mask make it worse.

You know how I know? Just look around. The issue you're seeing isn't because people aren't wearing mask, they are, MORE NOW THAN EVER. Yet, you see the virus spread and spreading and spreading. Which is why I said that nothing more than lockdown for months will be affective. Even then, it will probably be for the short term.

And as far as the libertarian leaning claims against government intrusion or overreach, and letting the disease inevitably play out via herd immunity and laissez-faire approach, how's that working out for Sweden?

Its working well for Sweden. You can't judge them yet. Wait a couple of years and lets look back. There is no proof that you can get COVID more than once.

"Drama queen". Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you make such statements?
No one is killing hunderds and thousands of people by not wearing a mask. In fact, many times, mask make it worse.

BOOM! (Again. When a guy is right, he's right)

Tom Woods posts the state graphs that show when they institute their mask mandate. Usually they do that as the curve is already going down. Then, while everyone is masked up and staying away from each other, the curve starts to shoot up again. How?

Because "virus gonna virus"

You can't hide from it. You can't delay it.

Of course the same charts show the death rate not climbing. Everything is based on PCR testing, which don't work, which don't detect any specific virus and give false positives galore.

There are hundreds, yea, thousands of doctors, virologists and epidemiologists who disagree with the WHO and the CDC and the media.

Received a letter from the county board of health today. It said I have to quarantine for 10 days from the date of my positive test. It is day 11 today. Gotta love government efficiency. :D

I am symptom-free today.

Received a letter from the county board of health today. It said I have to quarantine for 10 days from the date of my positive test. It is day 11 today. Gotta love government efficiency. :D

I am symptom-free today.
Thanks for the update, and that's great to hear!

ALAYwife had a similar experience with ineptitude and I could tell you a couple of other examples like that as well.

LOL! Be glad it didn't say "from the time of receipt."

Glad you're doing better.

All in my family have recovered without incident. Interestingly, my vegetarian daughter never contracted it, even though she was around all of us. So, let's start that rumor that the disease was tailored to only affect meat eaters! Myself, I can't keep my breath. I get up and walk around the house and I can't breathe, get dizzy and tingly everywhere. Hopefully this ends soon so I can get back to work!

My thoughts on the disease:

It is a Chinese Bio-Terror-Weapon of Mass Destruction. It is being used as a political tool to accomplish greater reliance upon the government because it is believed that all Americans should be equal, just some more equal than others.

Masks are only somewhat helpful. The virus is small enough to fly right through a cloth mask. The mask does slow or catch some spittle and other respiratory excretions. I think mainly the masks serve the purpose of making the public "feel" safe and "feel" like they are able to control their own destiny and become part of the solution. I wear masks because other people expect it of me and it makes them feel better.

We had two people in our church die who did not have the virus, but were told they would be recorded as victims anyway. This was really frustrating for the people as they were in hospice and their family members. Both of these people passed away from long battles with other diseases, tested negative for COVID, but were told by their doctors they would be included in COVID fatalities. Say what you want about your belief in medical professionals integrity - I know that not all of those numbers are correct.

I personally know many people who have died from COVID. It stinks. A couple of these people spent the last six months of their life hiding in their home, being as safe as they could, and still somehow contracted the disease and died. Both of them told their family they wished they would have just lived their life like normal.

I do wish businesses would open. I believe shutdowns are more harmful than helpful. This has been the more recent opinion of the WHO.

BOOM! (Again. When a guy is right, he's right)

Tom Woods posts the state graphs that show when they institute their mask mandate. Usually they do that as the curve is already going down. Then, while everyone is masked up and staying away from each other, the curve starts to shoot up again. How?

Because "virus gonna virus"

You can't hide from it. You can't delay it.

Of course the same charts show the death rate not climbing. Everything is based on PCR testing, which don't work, which don't detect any specific virus and give false positives galore.

There are hundreds, yea, thousands of doctors, virologists and epidemiologists who disagree with the WHO and the CDC and the media.
I'm mixed on the Corona. Certainly seems real and more deadly than the ordinary flu. I'm just not certain that for the majority of the population it's deadly enough for the drastic measures that governments are taking. Understandably when the next election rolls around the politicians want to have there checklist of things they did to combat the Corona commercial ready. As a politician you have to make mountains of molehills and then sweep in with the solution for defeating these "mountains". Found the article below that talks about the overall death rate is unchanged even when broken down by age category. While Corona is killing people especially in the elderly populations, deaths from heart disease, pneumonia, and even the ordinary flu are inexplicably way down.

...deaths from heart disease, pneumonia, and even the ordinary flu are inexplicably way down.

What's "inexplicable" about it? They just label everything COVID to keep the numbers falsely inflated, just like Biden's "victory".

They want to inject you, and will make it just like it will be when you must "take the mark" to buy or sell. It's all a prelude.

What's "inexplicable" about it? They just label everything COVID to keep the numbers falsely inflated, just like Biden's "victory".

They want to inject you, and will make it just like it will be when you must "take the mark" to buy or sell. It's all a prelude.
I like a good conspiracy theory-I'm just not sure we are there yet. I think a significant life style change could play a role in stagnant death numbers. For instance more people staying home fewer fatal car accidents. Things done to mitigate the spread of corona also have an impact on the spread of other contagious diseases. I also believe Corona is over reported but I'm not convinced it's a large scale conspiracy. Could quite possibly be attributed to well meaning but poorly implemented govt policies. If there is additional aid money and higher insurance reimbursement rates tied to the number of Corona cases in my hospital, then I'm going to start finding a lot of Corona cases.

I like a good conspiracy theory-I'm just not sure we are there yet.

I didn't make my point clear. *THEY* don't know it's a prelude, *WE* know that. There's no conspiracy on their part, except on what exactly is making people ill.

I read the article linked above by you with great interest. I am a scientist and know exactly what bias is. I see the possibility and actuality of it in my work on a near daily basis in a variety of contexts like the instrumentation/electronics as well as the procedures, and of course even the people. It's also very true that statistics can be made to lie. I am in no way naive enough to believe that science itself is completely devoid of bias, including medical science.

I am still weighing all the data on these mortality rate classifications and when I first read your link I was more than interested because it lined up with what I thought might be the case already (a misclarification or categorization of the cause of death), however, read on for more data on the subject...

Indeed, simply comparing the total number of deaths in 2020 so far to that of previous years shows a clear increase in deaths (Figure 1). And a CDC report estimated that between late January and October 2020, there were more than 299,000 excess deaths in the U.S.[1].

I read the article linked above by you with great interest. I am a scientist and know exactly what bias is. I see the possibility and actuality of it in my work on a near daily basis in a variety of contexts like the instrumentation/electronics as well as the procedures, and of course even the people. It's also very true that statistics can be made to lie. I am in no way naive enough to believe that science itself is completely devoid of bias, including medical science.

I am still weighing all the data on these mortality rate classifications and when I first read your link I was more than interested because it lined up with what I thought might be the case already (a misclarification or categorization of the cause of death), however, read on for more data on the subject...

Indeed, simply comparing the total number of deaths in 2020 so far to that of previous years shows a clear increase in deaths (Figure 1). And a CDC report estimated that between late January and October 2020, there were more than 299,000 excess deaths in the U.S.[1].

Just go ahead and ruin a perfectly good article with facts. I have been hanging around some shadier news sites recently.

Just go ahead and ruin a perfectly good article with facts. I have been hanging around some shadier news sites recently.

😁

I thought your article was very interesting as I said, and I believe that we ought to look at a multitude of sources and verify what we hear by way of news outlets very carefully. Too many people rush to cherry pick an article or opinion just because it lines up with what they would like to be true . That sort of confirmation bias is rampant in social media platforms and the world that we live in today. For instance...

And, you see what I did there? Citing a New York times article for support ought to never be a source chosen by a card-carrying conservative, ever. 😉