rudely awakened at 1 am -

aleshanee

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
it;s 01;45 am here in hawaii... and i have been up making coffee since just after 1 am to take in to my sisters office... where she has been working pretty much non stop since late friday night........ i was sound asleep before that until was awakened by an alarm clock sounding beeping alert that was set to come through from our cable provider any time they test or activate the emergency broadcast system... and they tested this morning at 1 am! ..😖.... they have never done that before.... but the alert said they would not be activiting the sirens unless at this time unless there was an actual emergency.... which is good... because we never hear them where we live anyway... i slept all the way through our fake incoming missle alert a few years ago... which is the primary reason this new alert system in the house was installed.... :cautious:

How fun.

It's normal for me to wake up around 2am only to get sleepy about the time I have to get up for work. But because I took some sinus medicine last night, I woke up WIRED. I'm getting ready to jump on the motorcycle and head for work now...

How fun.

It's normal for me to wake up around 2am only to get sleepy about the time I have to get up for work. But because I took some sinus medicine last night, I woke up WIRED. I'm getting ready to jump on the motorcycle and head for work now...
my sisters motorcycle is sitting in storage under a canvas tarp right now.... the last time she rode it i was with her and that was a really long time ago.... .. but her husband rides his motorcycle to pearl harbor to go to work every day... .. he rents an enclosed motorcycle lockup space in the parking garage.... he usually leaves around 5;30 am... which is about an hour from now.... ...but he was up at 1 am this morning too... as was my dad... both of them were in my sisters offices watching the new developments in israel.... he gets alerts on his cell phone from the navy eoc all the time... my dad use to get them and probably still does - but he never knows because he always has his cell phone turned off...... ....

We're up every morning at 2 or 3 am depending on my wife's schedule. On the weekends if she's off it's still the same. With our 3 dogs on a schedule with us, we can't really deviate from that.

For having been awake since 0230, it's now 1840, I'm surprisingly alert. I dozed for about a half hour between midday and pm routes. Looking forward to Mrs. abcaines coming home around 2100. Today is her Friday, tomorrow is mine. Nothing planned this weekend. That's very good.

Late edit... I spoke too soon.

Last edited:
well... no test of the emergency alert system this morning at 1 am.... and yet.. i was awake any way almost expecting one..... i guess they will set off the real alert if the threats made by the hamas leaders start to happen... ..but then again maybe not... i live in a state where the governors over react when nothing happens..... then fail to even notice when something bad really does happen....