Russell Anderson co-founder of Hyles Anderson College goes to Heaven at 91

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
According to the Hyles Anderson College Facebook page Dr. Russell Anderson, Co-founder of Hyles Anderson College went to heaven last night (4/18/2023).

1681918604581.png

According to the Hyles Anderson College Facebook page Dr. Russell Anderson, Co-founder of Hyles Anderson College went to heaven last night (4/18/2023).

View attachment 4143
I have been blessed to meet him several times over the years. Saw him several times at different churches, but most notably at my father-in-laws church camp where a bunch of preachers, including him, preached in the middle of nowhere in an old wood frame church which seated about 75 if you crammed them real close.
We ate chicken and dumplings after church in the camp dining hall.
He joked with my mother-in-law that the chicken must have flown away b/c there was no chicken in the chicken and dumplings. (the chicken sunk to the bottom of the pan)

I’m surprised there was not a lot more comments on Dr. Anderson’s passing. Including all the issues over the years including he and Schaap feuding. Anderson being the Anderson in Hyles-Anderson should have brought more discussion.

I’m surprised there was not a lot more comments on Dr. Anderson’s passing. Including all the issues over the years including he and Schaap feuding. Anderson being the Anderson in Hyles-Anderson should have brought more discussion.
Should it have? I'm not so sure this is true.

We only discuss weighty matters on this forum.

What's there to say? I've never heard that he was embroiled in any kind of scandal, and reading his obituary, it seems to me that apart from his wealth and having his name on a school, he led an ordinary life out of the spotlight.

What's there to say? I've never heard that he was embroiled in any kind of scandal, and reading his obituary, it seems to me that apart from his wealth and having his name on a school, he led an ordinary life out of the spotlight.
This he did. I know many school and college kids that he personally assisted in going through the Christian school and HAC. One used to be my pastor.