Russell Anderson Demands His Name Be Removed From Hyles-Anderson College

Is this some kind of a sick joke? What say you?

I reserve any more comment until this is authenticated. There is much to it the makes it seem inauthentic.

This is a drop box link, you may need to have drop box installed for it to download.

I got it downloaded, it is a 5 page pdf that if authentic should give lots of laughs.

Hard to believe anyone would listen to him any more.

I have long thought it would be a plus to get Bro. Hyles name off the college, but getting Anderson's name off would be a good thing too. It would seem it is time to move on from Bro. Hyles failed legacy and all the baggage we are still carrying, it is getting very heavy.

This is one of the things that is holding the college back from any growth.

Just Google Jack Hyles and no student in his right mind would come to Hammond after reading all the sordid history.

Should have taken it off the college long ago...

After reading that letter, they should remove his name. Putting Young back as President would surely seal the college's fate. Anderson is delusional or senile if he thinks that the removal of Ray was the reason for the fall in enrollment.  Personally, keeping Young on the staff makes as much sense as keeping Lapina on. Both in leadership positions did nothing while Schaap led the congregation and students to the doorstep of hell other than shout "amen" and "that's right".

At least Wilkerson is putting the place in the right direction and promoting God above man. Putting someone in as president who lacks any marketable skills and who is only in any position because he followed men so loyally and passionately they felt he should be rewarded (obedience training) is asinine.

That money figure is ridiculous as well. The man is not in his right mind.

Yes,  it is authentic.

Yes,  Russell Anderson should have taken his name off the college years ago.  It is a shame what the college has changed to.

Remember,

I Was There

IWasThere said:
Yes,  it is authentic.

Yes,  Russell Anderson should have taken his name odd the college years ago.  It is a shame what the college has changed to.

Remember,

I Was There

What are you trying to say? Are you saying he is an odd man?

I'll give him credit for not using his fake doc.

Dadgum....fat fingers and auto-correct...a rough combination.

IWasThere said:

This letter is on the letterhead of a defunct Michigan corporation.

RUSSELL ANDERSON BUILDING CORPORATION

Company Number
Status
    Automatic Dissolution
Incorporation Date
    18 December 1963 (about 52 years ago)
Dissolution Date
    15 July 2014
Company Type
    Domestic Profit Corporation
Jurisdiction
    Michigan (US)
Registered Address

38119 WESTVALE, ROMULUS, MI 48174
        United States

Agent Name
    RUSSELL ANDERSON
Inactive Directors / Officers

RUSSELL ANDERSON, agent

Registry Page
    http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/...

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/005881

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=005881

bgwilkinson said:
IWasThere said:

This letter is on the letterhead of a defunct Michigan corporation.

RUSSELL ANDERSON BUILDING CORPORATION

Company Number
Status
    Automatic Dissolution
Incorporation Date
    18 December 1963 (about 52 years ago)
Dissolution Date
    15 July 2014
Company Type
    Domestic Profit Corporation
Jurisdiction
    Michigan (US)
Registered Address

38119 WESTVALE, ROMULUS, MI 48174
        United States

Agent Name
    RUSSELL ANDERSON
Inactive Directors / Officers

RUSSELL ANDERSON, agent

Registry Page
    http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/...

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_mi/005881

http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/dt_corp.asp?id_nbr=005881
He will use it because he has it. I received a letter from him back when I was still working at the college; He used his typewriter to put "XXXXX" over the old address. Very odd for someone worth "millions". He was haggling the car wash just north of the college over a $5 car wash one time. Guess that's how you become rich.

So. ...it must be easier to criticize Russell Anderson than to acknowledge the changes to the institution.  Typical IFB mentality.  Thank God that I am free!

Remember,

I Was There

I think we all have stories of all the people he has tried to bully since Bro. Hyles died.

We had to chase him out of one of the places where I was working several years ago, he just wouldn't take no for an answer. He just could not understand why he was no longer welcome or wanted.

I think he has been slowly losing it for years. He was once such a humble and pleasant man.

IWasThere said:
So. ...it must be easier to criticize Russell Anderson than to acknowledge the changes to the institution.  Typical IFB mentality.  Thank God that I am free!

Remember,

I Was There

What? You don't approve of the cleaning house of all the adulterers and pedophiles?

Not to mention all the bad humanistic philosophies passed off as God's Word?

We no longer drink at the fountain of Hyles cool-aid.

bgwilkinson said:
IWasThere said:

Remember,

I Was There

What? You don't approve of the cleaning house of all the adulterers and pedophiles?

Not to mention all the bad humanistic philosophies past off as God's Word?

We no longer drink at the fountain of Hyles cool-aid.

What concerns me about the letter is that Jack Hyles has access to the lever in heaven that unleashes hurricanes and tornadoes. 

Why does he want his name off?

Russell says on page 3 of his letter. 

"Give me a Bible verse that justifies you talking away Dr. Ray Young's title as president - a man who has given his life for the ministry of Hyles-Anderson College. After he  was demoted, we lost approximately 1,000 students."

This is clearly delusional. Ray Young is an employee of the college and is subject to termination just the same as any other employee. It is completely false to say the college has lost 1,000 students after he was demoted, even if you include the Jericho students who were a total net drag on the finances. These are fake numbers.

On page one he boasts, "I've given over 12 million dollars to Hyles-Anderson College
and First Baptist Church."

Rantings on KJVO is what makes up most of the letter.

bgwilkinson said:

On page one he boasts, "I've given over 12 million dollars to Hyles-Anderson College

Rantings of a KJVO is what makes up most of the letter.

Is the 12 million number accurate?  I remember reading he gave over 35 million to Gods work around the world. The article said he gave 11 million or something in 1994 alone.

Right or wrong he must feel the college is moving in the wrong direction.

bgwilkinson said:
Hard to believe anyone would listen to him any more.

I have long thought it would be a plus to get Bro. Hyles name off the college, but getting Anderson's name off would be a good thing too. It would seem it is time to move on from Bro. Hyles failed legacy and all the baggage we are still carrying, it is getting very heavy.

This is one of the things that is holding the college back from any growth.

Just Google Jack Hyles and no student in his right mind would come to Hammond after reading all the sordid history.
The only problem with this theory is most of the students currently enrolled at Hyles Anderson came from churches with very strong Jack Hyles & HAC ties. If you move away from that legacy and what the college was and who the founder was where will they get students.

Many past & current students were encouraged to go to HAC by their pastors. Most of these pastors are HAC grads or at least devoted Pastor school pastors. If they don't restore faith with those churches and the younger pastors who are taking over they will die like TT and all the others. Like it or not its their only hope.

Most of the churches Wilkerson would draw students from already send their kids to Golden State or West coast.
If they move to the left they will be competing with PCC and Bob Jones & Crown which are generally overall better schools.

All they have is their roots of training hard working christian workers to staff growing churches and young men to start soul winning ministries. If they hope to survive they must once again recruit these kind of young people.

sword said:
bgwilkinson said:

Rantings of a KJVO is what makes up most of the letter.

Is the 12 million number accurate?  I remember reading he gave over 35 million to Gods work around the world. The article said he gave 11 million or something in 1994 alone.

Right or wrong he must feel the college is moving in the wrong direction.
Although a backer early on, the purse strings were tight since 90... Nearly non existent. There was a little competition at first, but after the gym and dining hall, old Russ threw in the towel shortly after. I have doubt he even approached half that to the college or church. I remember a meeting where the phrase "blood from a turnip" was used to describe that situation.

I have often wondered if the big money was basically all gone since other colleges only received very modest donations for their "start-up".

I don't think it is criticism to say the Russel Anderson may be getting a little senile. It is a physical condition that happens to a lot of people when they are older and they can do and say some unbelievable things. The reasoning capabilities start to go. I have personally thought this about him for the last 8 or 10 years. Kind of like saying that a man limps because he broke his leg. Not criticism at all.