Russell Brand seeking Jesus...

4everfsu

Elect
Reaction score
I hope Russell will meet the King of kings if he already had not.

The video about being baptized seems a little ... squishy? Ecumenical? Though the line about leaving behind his sins and picking up some viruses from the Thames was pretty funny.

He almost seems like he's saying baptism is an aesthetic experience as much as anything else. Which it isn't. That said, for all I know he's got a better grasp on the significance of Christian baptism than I did when I was baptized: I was 18 and it was about time.

As with any celebrity conversion ... wait and see. Kanye's fallen off the wagon again, so I hope we're about due for a celebrity to come out a genuine saint.

His wife is Catholic but he sounds
Iike he's transdenominational with some syncretism.

Baptism: Brand's new drug.

“Many aspects of it were very intimate and personal. The truth is this, as a person who has in the past, taken many, many substances and always been disappointed with their inability to deliver the kind of tranquility and peace and even transcendence that I’ve always felt I’ve been looking for … something occurred in the process of baptism that was incredible; overwhelming.”
The trouble is, he only gets to do it once...unless he becomes a Baptist. ;)

Perhaps he should have waited for the Lord's Supper to post about a sacrament's ability to deliver?