Russia-Ukraine and the End Times

Dr. Huk-N-Duck

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Do you see the war in Ukraine fitting in with the End Times narrative? I realize many Christians see every little occurrence on the world stage as somehow being a sign, but just wondering your thoughts. I think we can all now safely say that the birthmark on the forehead of Mikhail Gorbachev was not the mark of the beast!

Do you see the war in Ukraine fitting in with the End Times narrative? I realize many Christians see every little occurrence on the world stage as somehow being a sign, but just wondering your thoughts. I think we can all now safely say that the birthmark on the forehead of Mikhail Gorbachev was not the mark of the beast!

i don;t see it fitting in... ... but with zelenskyy .. vindman.. and others in our government that have ukrainian ties, trying to draw us and all the nato countries into it... it;s amazing it hasn;t escalated into a world war.... or a nuclear war... and if that happened... even a small scale nuclear exchange.... it could certainly make people think we are living in the end times......

i think it would be interesting to see a list of all the people throughout history who a significant number of people thought might be the antichrist.... and what his mark of the beast might have been..... i have some tin-foil hatter friends who use to think it was mark zuckerberg and a facebook money account... ...then they thought it was fauci and the covid vaccine.... i;m not sure what they think it is now.... i haven;t talked to them in a while.....

Partial list of people who were declared by "prophecy experts" to be the Antichrist:

Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II - died in 1250.
King Lewis of Bavaria - 14th Century
Peter the Great - 18th Century
King George III of England
Napoleon Bonaparte
Napoleon III
Benito Mussolini
Mikhail Gorbachev
King Juan Carlos of Spain
Henry Kissinger
Pope John Paul II

Basically, the Antichrist can be anybody you want him to be, but so far, all speculations about the identity of his infernal majesty have turned out to be worthless. Meanwhile, we never heard anything about a Russian invasion of Ukraine being a sign of the end, until after it happened, and then the prophecy mongers jumped on it and started making a big deal about it. If it was so obvious that the Bible teaches that Russia invading Ukraine is a sign of the end, why didn't we hear anything about it until this year? The founding of Israel in 1948 and of the European Common Market in 1958 were supposed to be "signs of the end" so why are we all still here?

I believe in the literal, visible return of Christ, but I am not looking for signs of the Rapture, since the Bible teaches that there will be no signs: Matthew 24:36, 42, 44, 25:13, Acts 1:7, etc.

Partial list of interpretations of the "Mark of the Beast:"
Paper stamped with the royal impression of King George III
Sunday worship (according to 7th Day Adventists)
Labels on products made by unions
Communist red star
Peace symbol
Universal Product Code on store products
Coronavirus vaccinations

Glenn Beck does a good job in this video clip of tying the current events with the end times. And yes, I understand GB is mainly a political commentator and not a theologian, and yes, I also understand he’s a Mormon and not a Baptist.

Partial list of people who were declared by "prophecy experts" to be the Antichrist:

Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II - died in 1250.
King Lewis of Bavaria - 14th Century
Peter the Great - 18th Century
King George III of England
Napoleon Bonaparte
Napoleon III
Benito Mussolini
Mikhail Gorbachev
King Juan Carlos of Spain
Henry Kissinger
Pope John Paul II

Basically, the Antichrist can be anybody you want him to be, but so far, all speculations about the identity of his infernal majesty have turned out to be worthless. Meanwhile, we never heard anything about a Russian invasion of Ukraine being a sign of the end, until after it happened, and then the prophecy mongers jumped on it and started making a big deal about it. If it was so obvious that the Bible teaches that Russia invading Ukraine is a sign of the end, why didn't we hear anything about it until this year? The founding of Israel in 1948 and of the European Common Market in 1958 were supposed to be "signs of the end" so why are we all still here?

I believe in the literal, visible return of Christ, but I am not looking for signs of the Rapture, since the Bible teaches that there will be no signs: Matthew 24:36, 42, 44, 25:13, Acts 1:7, etc.

Paper stamped with the royal impression of King George III
Sunday worship (according to 7th Day Adventists)
Labels on products made by unions
Communist red star
Peace symbol
Universal Product Code on store products
Coronavirus vaccinations
thanks for posting that..... ... i had no idea the union made labels were once
considered the mark of the beast... but i looked it up and found out it goes
all the way back to the mid 1800s.... and started with the round union made
logo that was placed on the labels of premium cigars........

.... like the one on the left side of the label below.....

union-label.jpeg

it changed a few time over the years and added a few frills and dressings
but it always kept the basic eagle surrounded by the circluar logo... some
union members even wore the label ... ..ahem... mark of the beast..:sneaky:
...in the form of a lapel pin....

s-l300.jpeg
but wasn;t the late 1800s also the era of charles
spurgeon
?.... and wasn;t he known for smoking
cigars?... :confused: ...must have been the freewillys
that started that beast mark theory....
:sneaky:

Last edited:
Whenever some new thing is declared the Mark of the Beast, I have to be sure to acquire the previous one.

I did, however, draw the line at getting a UPC tattooed on my forehead.

Christians are too quick to jump the gun on these things, and all it does is make them look ridiculous! Shame on them for not actually researching things out before spouting off their nonsense.

In the 1930s, prophecy buffs and opponents of FDR's New Deal thought this might be the Mark of the Beast (NRA stood for National Recovery Administration):
NRA member, we do our part.jpg
[NRA Blue Eagle poster. This would be displayed in store windows, on packages, and in ads].

For more on the ongoing hysteria of Christians looking for the Mark of the Beast, see this article:

Covid-19 Vaccines: Why Some Christians Decry Them as the “Mark of the Beast” | Religion & Politics (religionandpolitics.org)

Colonial Americans thought that the British stamp tax was the Mark of the Beast. More recently, credit cards, medical tattoos, driver's licenses, Social Security numbers, microchips, etc. have all been identified as the Mark of the Beast. Lots of superstition and fear-mongering, and then we wonder why people do not take Christians seriously and they think we are nuts.
Mark-of-Beast-GettyImages-1210373268-780-x-508.jpg

[Protesters gathered at the Texas State Capital building on April 18, 2020, in Austin, Texas]. (Sergio Flores/Getty)

Last edited:
Gorby has just died - so much for all the hoopla, hullabaloo and hype about him being the Antichrist. But Henry Kissinger is still with us - anybody want to speculate about having a 99-year-old Beast?

Gorbachev! Has the Real Antichrist Come?​

Gorbachev! Has the Real Antichrist Come?

David Jeremiah is a prophecy teacher who has suggested a connection between Russia's invasion of Ukraine and fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Here is some commentary on Jeremiah's prophecy teaching:

Is David Jeremiah A False Teacher? – Evangelical Dark Web

"During a recent sermon on Ezekiel 38, David Jeremiah claims that the 'prince of Rosh' refers to Russia, an argument based on phonetic similarity. This is conjecture, as the Rus ethnicity did not exist for several hundred years after the prophesy [sic]. Additionally, Ezekiel refers to contemporary tribes of his day (Meshech and Tubal), making it rather odd that Ezekiel would use a phonetic description of a future people group in conjunction with contemporary tribes. Jeremiah would go in to claim that Ezekiel would describe modern weapons in familiar terms, a hermeneutic ignored for the 'prince of Rosh.'

"David Jeremiah then erroneously posits that the 'king of the north' refers solely to Russia because Russia is geographically north of Israel. This ignores Assyria, the kingdoms in Anatolia, or even the northern kingdom. He then claims that Gog refers to the 'president of Russia.'. . .

"What David Jeremiah is best known for is his teachings on the end times. However, David Jeremiah places an overemphasis on the end times. He has grown in popularity teaching in sermons that try to clickbait current events and read them into a dispensational eschatology. It’s easy to see how clickbaiting current events to teach on America’s most prevailing eschatological view grows both ministry and popularity, but what David Jeremiah is teaching is fundamentally incorrect. His teaching that Gog is Russia is a clear example of eisegesis. . . .These are the following concerns with regards to David Jeremiah. However, they are not conclusive enough to mark him as a false teacher."

[I personally do not agree with Jeremiah that Rosh means Russia. Rosh is a Hebrew word that occurs hundreds of times in the Old Testament, meaning "chief" or "head." Rosh Hashanah is "head of the year," not "Russian year." The only place in the Old Testament where Rosh appears as a proper name is Genesis 46:21, where Rosh is a son of Benjamin].