Sad

The end result of being put up on the JAV pedestal as a teen and allowed to not be held to the same standard as all the other teens as you, JustABigKid, know so well.

Very sad--but if not for the grace of God, there go I.  It's hard to see old schoolmates this way, but I hope that this will help him turn things around and get on the right track.  This isn't something that will go away with a simple re-dedication, but I'm pulling for him to rehabilitate.

Imrickblaine said:
Very sad--but if not for the grace of God, there go I.  It's hard to see old schoolmates this way, but I hope that this will help him turn things around and get on the right track.  This isn't something that will go away with a simple re-dedication, but I'm pulling for him to rehabilitate.

You are correct.  It has been years of bad decisions that has brought him to this point.  He did not become this way over night.  The sad part is that during his formative yeas at WHBC he was sent down the path he  is now on by leaderships failure to hold him accountable as they did other teens.  His parents, as many parents in the WHBC system, trusted/accepted leaderships actions as being best for the situation. 

sad, so sad, but not isolated to this family

Binaca Chugger said:
Who is it?

Binaca,

His name is Michael Randall. He and his brothers grew up at WHBC. I believe his parents are still there. He and his brothers were considered "rebels" yet they were treated like kings from JAV because of their sports ability. They were treated differently even though they always caused problems. When anyone that was considered a "good kid" would ask why they got that special treatment it was deemed as they were trying to save them. Unfortunately for Michael's sake it has not saved him yet. I imagine the hypocrisy he saw pushed him farther in the direction he has gone. It is sad for him and for his family. No one wants to see their child arrested and pictured plastered all over the news but he chose to go this way. I know many others who grew up in the same environment but chose a different path. Maybe they are not all in church or full time service but they you won't find their name and picture in a mug shot.

I could tell you of another kid just a year older than him that a few years ago was heading down the same path, got the same treatment and he is dead now. He wrapped his car around a tree. From the article and others from other stations that could have been Michael. Maybe this will be a wake up call for him.

JustABigKid said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Who is it?

Binaca,

His name is Michael Randall. He and his brothers grew up at WHBC. I believe his parents are still there. He and his brothers were considered "rebels" yet they were treated like kings from JAV because of their sports ability. They were treated differently even though they always caused problems. When anyone that was considered a "good kid" would ask why they got that special treatment it was deemed as they were trying to save them. Unfortunately for Michael's sake it has not saved him yet. I imagine the hypocrisy he saw pushed him farther in the direction he has gone. It is sad for him and for his family. No one wants to see their child arrested and pictured plastered all over the news but he chose to go this way. I know many others who grew up in the same environment but chose a different path. Maybe they are not all in church or full time service but they you won't find their name and picture in a mug shot.

I could tell you of another kid just a year older than him that a few years ago was heading down the same path, got the same treatment and he is dead now. He wrapped his car around a tree. From the article and others from other stations that could have been Michael. Maybe this will be a wake up call for him.

Sad indeed.  JAV will have to answer  for his actions, as a pastor is supposed to keep a watch over the souls of the members of his church (Heb 13:17) - he should not have allowed his soul to go to ruin merely because they are good at sports.

Walt said:
JustABigKid said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Who is it?

Binaca,

Sad indeed.  JAV will have to answer  for his actions, as a pastor is supposed to keep a watch over the souls of the members of his church (Heb 13:17) - he should not have allowed his soul to go to ruin merely because they are good at sports.

It was something that unfortunately I saw time and again. Kids would get a pass, slap in the hand, etc just because they were good at a football. It did them no good in the end. Some of the things that kids simply got a slap on the hand for others would have been kicked out and never asked to return. It really is a shame.

But even beyond that these kids still had a choice and they have made a wrong one.

JustABigKid said:
Walt said:
JustABigKid said:
Binaca Chugger said:
Who is it?

Binaca,

It was something that unfortunately I saw time and again. Kids would get a pass, slap in the hand, etc just because they were good at a football. It did them no good in the end. Some of the things that kids simply got a slap on the hand for others would have been kicked out and never asked to return. It really is a shame.

But even beyond that these kids still had a choice and they have made a wrong one.

JAV will indeed answer for his decisions, we will all answer for the faith we have lived out. It is sad to see this young man being destroyed by the Devil, Sin is a cruel task master.

Mr Randall has made poor decisions even after his time at WHBC for which JAV and staff can not be blamed. JAV never taught a reckless driving road rage classs that i know of.

I feel bad for his parents they are good people, always have been good to me and they  always are kind to me even after I moved on from WHBC/OBC.

True, Saved by Grace, Mike is responsible for his own actions. No one has said different.  But JAV and Mike's parents have a responsibility, in the fact that they over the years of raising him, have set him up for making a pattern of wrong decisions leading to this point. 

I have seen it many times in the children of those parents who had basically turned the responsibility of raising their children over to the JAV/WHBC system.

JustABigKid said:
Walt said:

Yes, the kids will have to answer for their choices, as will JAV - he will have to answer for how he pastored people.  Letting them get by with sin merely because they were good at football is a grievous forsaking of his office.

Saved by Grace said:
JustABigKid said:
Walt said:

JAV will indeed answer for his decisions, we will all answer for the faith we have lived out. It is sad to see this young man being destroyed by the Devil, Sin is a cruel task master.

Mr Randall has made poor decisions even after his time at WHBC for which JAV and staff can not be blamed. JAV never taught a reckless driving road rage classs that i know of.

I feel bad for his parents they are good people, always have been good to me and they  always are kind to me even after I moved on from WHBC/OBC.

I agree with you... Mr Randall will have to answer for his own actions and decisions, and JAV is not responsible after Mr Randall left WHBC -- but he is responsible for how he pastored them. The Scripture seems to imply that pastors will have to answer for the kind of job they did as pastor.