Ransom

Stalker
Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Uh-oh.

NASHVILLE (BP) — The SBC Executive Committee affirmed a recommendation from the SBC Credentials Committee Tuesday (Feb. 21) to deem Saddleback Church as “not in friendly cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention.”

The move comes less than a year after founding pastor Rick Warren left the helm of the church and was replaced by Andy Wood and his wife, Stacie. While not co-pastors of the church, Andy serves as lead pastor of the church while Stacie serves as a teaching pastor.

The Credentials Committee cited Stacie’s role as teaching pastor of the church as the reason for the removal of cooperating status due to the church’s lack of a faith and practice that closely aligns with the Baptist Faith and Message which states in Article VI that “while both men and women are gifted for service in the church, the office of pastor is limited to men as qualified by Scripture.”​

They shouldn't even be considered in ANY type of cooperation....They're in violation of several parts of the BFM...

Agreed. However, these days I'm content with not letting folks know that our church is associated with the SBC.
Our church, sadly, seems to keep heading further and further to the left....I truly believe it's time to leave.

The right step would be to disfellowship them all together...to tell them they can't even say they're associated with the SBC churches.
Being "not in friendly cooperation" means they were ousted, does it not?

Being "not in friendly cooperation" means they were ousted, does it not?
Not really...it's a panzy butt way of putting it and leaves room for interpretation. ;) (as I continue to stir the pot!)