Same Old Same Old

Tanner

Elect
Reaction score
I passed by the church in Mesquite and noticed they are having another revival.  It seems they are doing this every couple of months.  I noticed that its always the same old treadmill of preachers.  Every year its the same missionaries at the missions conference (WHBC missionaries). 

Bob Ross has drove that church right into a do nothing rut and the church is dying.  I know people have recently left because of this rut and his tantrums in the pulpit.  A few months ago a visitor to the deaf ministry fell asleep in service and he walked up and slapped the guy in the head to wake him up.  Those men in that church sit and Amen that like a bunch of trained clapping seals.

Tanner said:
I passed by the church in Mesquite and noticed they are having another revival.  It seems they are doing this every couple of months.  I noticed that its always the same old treadmill of preachers.  Every year its the same missionaries at the missions conference (WHBC missionaries). 

Bob Ross has drove that church right into a do nothing rut and the church is dying.  I know people have recently left because of this rut and his tantrums in the pulpit.  A few months ago a visitor to the deaf ministry fell asleep in service and he walked up and slapped the guy in the head to wake him up.  Those men in that church sit and Amen that like a bunch of trained clapping seals.

The Imams of the IFB movement all have that abuse of power in common.  And the sheeple of the IFB movement all have that fearful sit and say Amen like a bunch of trained clapping seals mentality.  Let's face it the sheeple are afraid of body parts being lopped off

If you use biblical examples to establish your teachings then Ross or any other preacher should not do anything when someone falls asleep in church. There is an example in Acts 20 vs 9 where Eutychus fell asleep and there is no mention of anyone waking him up, so he fell out the window. Paul went down and embraced him and saved his life. Paul didn't slap him on the head like some self-righteous, holier than thou Pharisee would have done.

As far as I know this is the only example of what happens when someone falls asleep during preaching there is in the Bible. Eutychus was not rebuked he was cared for. This is a biblical example all the Vineyardites need to follow but never will because what they have to say is much too important, more important than the teachings of Christ the way it looks.

I like the story of the preacher who saw a boy sleeping in the service.  He told a man sitting next to the boy, "Wake that boy up!"  The man replied, "You put him to sleep.  You wake him up."

It is frustrating when someone falls asleep during a message, but I cannot control that. Sometimes it is related to a medical issue or sometimes they just stayed up too late the previous night.  I would rather somebody come to church and fall asleep than to stay home and sleep.  Of course, I would prefer that they stay awake. 

Jack Hyles once told me he understands people who are exhausted from work, ministry or school falling asleep.  What bathered him, he stated, was when these guys fight for the front seat, scream Amen and then sleep.  JH told me he was not just screaming at them to wake up, but hoping to correct their hypocrisy (I guess through embarrassment).

Any mog who goes out into the auditorium to slap someone needs to be slapped with termination papers.

Binaca Chugger said:
Any mog who goes out into the auditorium to slap someone needs to be slapped with termination papers.

A deaf visitor none the less.  That stunt sent a couple of families packing. 

Tanner said:
Binaca Chugger said:

A deaf visitor none the less.  That stunt sent a couple of families packing.
I'm afraid that stunt we have sent me up to the podium to smack HIM in the back of the head.

FreeToBeMe said:
I'm afraid that stunt we have sent me up to the podium to smack HIM in the back of the head.

That would be great to see.  Bob Ross, typical bully, would pee his britches right there on the spot!!!

In my time there he was a bully in the pulpit and a coward to your face.  I always said he is either a liar, a coward, or both.  I think both.

Tanner said:
In my time there he was a bully in the pulpit and a coward to your face.  I always said he is either a liar, a coward, or both.  I think both.

In my experience, I would say both as well.

I too have been subjected to this kind of nonsense. I would urge all of you to flee this kind of nonsense and get in a real 'bible church'. I can assure you that this is not the norm and there are churches and pastors who believe that the Bible is Supreme and as our church says, "It is all about Him".  (this does not mean the pastor)