Saving Faith: Does it come from God or yourself?

I believe saving faith...

• Something that resides in myself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh okay. šŸ˜Ž

But scripture does not of itself generate faith. If that were the case, everyone who hears it would have saving faith.

Faith comes and increases on hearing the word from a regenerate heart. This I can agree with.
Either way, the Word is crucial.

Either way, the Word is crucial.
Well of course. Itā€™s what one must believe. If we donā€™t believe Jesus is who scripture says he is we will die in our sins.

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.ā€ John 8:24

Well of course. Itā€™s what one must believe. If we donā€™t believe Jesus is who scripture says he is we will die in our sins.

I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.ā€ John 8:24
AMEN & AMEN!

Alayman introduced this topic in the Semipelagian thread and I don't want it to get lost. I believe the discussion is great! It is certainly worthy of discussion.
I believe that faith is a gift from God.

Philippians 1:29 "granted" is the word grace or graced, given as a gift of grace. Believing is a gift of grace. It is given, not inherent in one's heart when unsaved.

For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,

I believe that faith is a gift from God.

Philippians 1:29 "granted" is the word grace or graced, given as a gift of grace. Believing is a gift of grace. It is given, not inherent in one's heart when unsaved.

For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,
I agree.
Saving faith is just something the natural man does not possess.