Schaap gives up - just in

Still There

Elect
Reaction score
HAMMOND | It appears Jack Schaap has given up on attempts to overturn a 12-year federal prison sentence he was given for sexually abusing a 16-year-old member of the First Baptist Church of Hammond when he was serving as pastor.

His Florida-based attorney, Charles Murray, filed a motion in federal court Wednesday seeking to withdraw his services, citing Schaap's failure to pursue an appeal in time and Schaap's decision to remove the attorney from his approved email contact list.

"I will not be asking my dad to further expend his resources to chase hope," Schaap wrote in a Sept. 9 email to Murray, according to court records.

"It hurts all of us too much to have hope taken from us, and only huge bills to pay off afterwards," Schaap wrote. "The complexity of our justice system is beyond my confidence to believe there is a realistic remedy."

Murray wrote in his motion, "This motion is not made for purposes of delay but that justice may be served."

U.S. District Court Judge Rudy Lozano in August denied a petition by Schaap to overturn his sentence, dismissing Schaap’s claims that his attorney ineffectively advised him during plea agreement and sentencing proceedings.

Schaap presided over a faith-based empire of thousands of worshipers belonging to Hammond’s downtown “mega-church” and as president of Hyles-Anderson College. His inappropriate relationship with the teen was reportedly discovered when a church deacon caught a glimpse of a cellphone picture of Schaap and the girl kissing.

Schaap is serving his sentence at a federal penitentiary in Ashland, Ky.

Still There said:
HAMMOND | It appears Jack Schaap has given up on attempts to overturn a 12-year federal prison sentence he was given for sexually abusing a 16-year-old member of the First Baptist Church of Hammond when he was serving as pastor.

His Florida-based attorney, Charles Murray, filed a motion in federal court Wednesday seeking to withdraw his services, citing Schaap's failure to pursue an appeal in time and Schaap's decision to remove the attorney from his approved email contact list.

"I will not be asking my dad to further expend his resources to chase hope," Schaap wrote in a Sept. 9 email to Murray, according to court records.

"It hurts all of us too much to have hope taken from us, and only huge bills to pay off afterwards," Schaap wrote. "The complexity of our justice system is beyond my confidence to believe there is a realistic remedy."

Murray wrote in his motion, "This motion is not made for purposes of delay but that justice may be served."

U.S. District Court Judge Rudy Lozano in August denied a petition by Schaap to overturn his sentence, dismissing Schaap’s claims that his attorney ineffectively advised him during plea agreement and sentencing proceedings.

Schaap presided over a faith-based empire of thousands of worshipers belonging to Hammond’s downtown “mega-church” and as president of Hyles-Anderson College. His inappropriate relationship with the teen was reportedly discovered when a church deacon caught a glimpse of a cellphone picture of Schaap and the girl kissing.

Schaap is serving his sentence at a federal penitentiary in Ashland, Ky.

Well I ole Jack will be eating his Thanksgiving dinner in the big house again rather than his own house.

Don't know if this is where to put it... but curious who this "administrator" is that was "removed" just before Schaap schaaped his victim...

Next, the church?s schools began to suffer staffing shortages. In order to
maintain the schools, Dr. Schaap assumed additional responsibilities related to the
staffing shortages. Likewise, Hyles-Anderson removed an administrator, prompting
Dr. Schaap to assume additional responsibilities at the college

WESLEY said:
Don't know if this is where to put it... but curious who this "administrator" is that was "removed" just before Schaap schaaped his victim...

Next, the church?s schools began to suffer staffing shortages. In order to
maintain the schools, Dr. Schaap assumed additional responsibilities related to the
staffing shortages. Likewise, Hyles-Anderson removed an administrator, prompting
Dr. Schaap to assume additional responsibilities at the college

All the pressure and all the self imposed additional workload may explain why he succumbed to the the temptation...

What is even more amazing with all the additional self imposed workload that he was able to find the time to succumbed to temptation.  Just under 4 years to go til he is out and pastors another church.

GuyfawkesV49 said:
Just under 4 years to go till he is out and pastors another church.

1dd9087d6e59053028c07574aff757d0-shock-surprised-emoji-emoticon-by-vexels.png

GuyfawkesV49 said:
Just under 4 years to go til he is out and pastors another church.

Interim Pastor Wilkerson's days are numbered...  Eddie Lapina learned from the best and will soon work his magic once again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

Interim Pastor Wilkerson's days are numbered...  Eddie Lapina learned from the best and will soon work his magic once again.

I sure hope not!

HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

You have no idea.  EL can't stand schaap and what he put the church through.

TidesofTruth said:
HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

Actions speak louder than words. If he cared, he wouldn't have been covering for him from the pulpit that morning.....
Then fired the guy that made the police report.....

qwerty said:
TidesofTruth said:
HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

Actions speak louder than words. If he cared, he wouldn't have been covering for him from the pulpit that morning.....

Among other things that took place before Schaap got busted...

HammondCheese said:
qwerty said:
TidesofTruth said:
HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

I wonder if Eddie Lapina knows or cares just how tainted his testimony is out in the real world .

I think what he meant was that Eddie Lapina didn't like having to clean up the mess afterwards... Hence, the reason for the "big speech" he stuttered through on the fateful July day 7 years ago...

16KJV11 said:
HammondCheese said:
qwerty said:
TidesofTruth said:
HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

I wonder if Eddie Lapina knows or cares just how tainted his testimony is out in the real world .
Not as tainted as it is amongst "lifers" in Hammond that have seen behind the curtain...  He covered for Dave Hyles and Jack Schaap for starters...

Schaap will most likely be a regular on TBN once he gets out of the joint and join the charismatic/prosperity crowd.

HammondCheese said:
16KJV11 said:
HammondCheese said:
qwerty said:
TidesofTruth said:
HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

Not as tainted as it is amongst "lifers" in Hammond that have seen behind the curtain...  He covered for Dave Hyles and Jack Schaap for starters...

Yup

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

TidesofTruth said:
HammondCheese said:
GuyfawkesV49 said:

Yet Eddie sat idly by while Schaap ran roughshod over FBC. Unbelievable how anyone respects the man at this stage.