Schaap Released 05/04/2022

My understanding is that you don't go from prison to freedom. You go from prison to a halfway house sometime in the last year of your sentence. I could be wrong though.

My understanding is that you don't go from prison to freedom. You go from prison to a halfway house sometime in the last year of your sentence. I could be wrong though.
I believe you're correct. But will they put Schaap in a halfway house with drug dealers/bank robbers/car thieves etc. ? I believe pedophiles are put in their own halfway house similar to how they have their own pods in prison. They're not aloud in general population for obvious reasons. So was Schaap in Protective Custody these last 10 years?

I believe you're correct. But will they put Schaap in a halfway house with drug dealers/bank robbers/car thieves etc. ? I believe pedophiles are put in their own halfway house similar to how they have their own pods in prison. They're not aloud in general population for obvious reasons. So was Schaap in Protective Custody these last 10 years?
I don't believe he was. Friends from the church in Indiana have indicated that he was indeed in the general population. I haven't been able to verify this...but, it's highly likely.

I think we need to do a better job on defining our terms.
1. He was not convicted of pedophilia. He was convicted of taking a minor across state lines to violate that states laws concerning sex with minors. He violated the Mann Act. He did not commit pedophilia. I wish people would get this straight because as vile and wicked and blasphemous as he is pedophilia is a whole nother rung on hell's ladder and it is best to understand when one is a pedophile how much worse that is. Although Schapp is about as vile a person as there could be considering the blasphemies he used to justify himself.
2. He is a registered sex offender and that is a lifetime designation.

3. He will be on probation and supervison for 5 years once he is released.

He was not convicted of pedophilia. He was convicted of taking a minor across state lines to violate that states laws concerning sex with minors. He violated the Mann Act. He did not commit pedophilia.
Schaap sexually exploited a minor, who has no legal capability to consent to such an act. At this point, the technicality of whether it's pedophilia or ephebophilia is entirely academic. He abused his pastoral authority to rape a young girl. He's a scumbag.

Schaap sexually exploited a minor, who has no legal capability to consent to such an act. At this point, the technicality of whether it's pedophilia or ephebophilia is entirely academic. He abused his pastoral authority to rape a young girl. He's a scumbag.
I agree completely, He is scum. He is a heretic, He is a blasphemer. I have always maintained as much.

Let me clear up a misunderstanding some of you have.
A 1/2 way house is generally used for people that are former drug addicts or alcoholics to stay so they can monitor them. It’s like being in jail but not really. Unless you fall into these or have no where else to go you go home.

if you have someplace to go they’ll release you to them, in this case I bet he’s living with Ken or his parents.
I picked my uncle up when he got out and he just went home since he had a place to stay.

If he's staying with Ken, does anyone have questions they would like me to ask him? Ken's church is maybe 20 minutes from my house. :D

Are there still folks at FBC that still look up to Hyles? What about Schaap? I'm still convinced that Schaap will go back into "ministry" but as a nondenominational megachurch type. Sadly it doesn't take long for fallen pastors to go back into ministry. Given Schaap's life choices, it would certainly raise eyebrows if he decides to do so.

Are there still folks at FBC that still look up to Hyles? What about Schaap? I'm still convinced that Schaap will go back into "ministry" but as a nondenominational megachurch type. Sadly it doesn't take long for fallen pastors to go back into ministry. Given Schaap's life choices, it would certainly raise eyebrows if he decides to do so.
Schaap is an anathema at FBCH.

The story of Schaap's release has gone mainstream - it's not just on Protestia, Preacher Boys and Julie Roys anymore, it's in the Chicago Tribune (behind a paywall) and also this paper:

Prison releases former First Baptist Church of Hammond pastor | Crime and Courts | nwitimes.com

[Schaap] "again petitioned the court two years ago for compassionate release so he could care for his aging parents.

"A federal judge rejected that plea last year, ruling Schaap’s crime was so 'grotesque' he deserved to serve his full sentence.

"The church has been looking for redemption from a history
[of] accusations of sexual abuse made against former officials.

"Three decades ago, a Lake Criminal court jury convicted A.V. Ballenger, a deacon of the Hammond Baptist Church, of fondling a 7-year-old girl during her Sunday school class.

"Joy Ryder, an advocate for sex abuse victims, sued the church in 2020, alleging David Hyles, a son of the church’s former leader, Jack Hyles, repeatedly raped her, at age 14, while she was attending the Hammond Baptist schools and Hyles-Anderson College during the 1970s and early 1980s.

"A U.S. District Court judge in Chicago dismissed her suit last year on grounds the civil damages Ryder was seeking against the church wasn’t permitted under federal laws on which her case relied."

Well Schaap can be a Social Justice Warrior now. Doesn't that crowd also defend pedophiles just like they're pro abortion, anti-white privilege, against masculinity etc.?

I saw someone post a pic of him on facebook the other day where he was golfing. Didn't mention a location.

1655922193106.png
Reportedly with his son & son-in-law. Son is in Cincinnati area, son-in-law is in Michigan (doesn't mean he is in either area).