Schaap's Appeal Denied - Plus Riplinger Writes Court

AmazedbyGrace

Elect
Reaction score
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/lake/hammond/judge-denies-schaap-s-request-to-overturn--year-prison/article_98cd3adc-0e9e-5f08-a1e6-50186c2bc3a5.html

Looks like claiming a fake doctorate as real has finally bitten a Fundy pastor in the hiney:

Offering an outside opinion on the matter, Gail Riplinger, a noted religious author, scholar and lecturer, wrote a letter to Lozano disputing Schaap’s claim he did not have proper legal counsel. She claimed Schaap had free legal advice at his disposal through the Christian Law Association, and personally knew Schaap’s had a close association with some members of its legal staff.

“I must conclude that Jack Schaap likely has more close personal friends who are lawyers than anyone who has ever appeared before you as a defendant,” Riplinger wrote. “No doubt they were all just a phone call away to clarify any questions he may have had. Most of us have not had the privilege of having a cadre of close friends who are attorneys, but Schaap certainly has many such close associations.”

Riplinger adds that given Schaap’s level of literacy — noting numerous books authored by him for sale on Amazon.com, as well as his (doctorate) level of education — (his) “assertion that he could not understand the words regarding the sentencing seems preposterous.”

Wow! I never realized that Riplinger, besides being a loon, is also a Black Widow!

Ms. Ludwig-Latessa-Kaleda-Riplinger is kind of an attention whore. Why else would she insert herself into this situation, if not as part of her campaign against Schaap because of his more moderate stance on KJV-onlyism (note how heavily her name features on David Baker's Web site)?

I did scoff that she was referred to as a "scholar".

Love how she brought up his affiliation with the CLA too.

Ransom said:
Ms. Ludwig-Latessa-Kaleda-Riplinger is kind of an attention whore. Why else would she insert herself into this situation, if not as part of her campaign against Schaap because of his more moderate stance on KJV-onlyism (note how heavily her name features on David Baker's Web site)?

What? Are all her many husbands now deceased?

Additionally, based on my admittedly non-intensive research on Google, there is a Terry Latessa listed in the white pages in Ohio, and a Franklin Alexander Kaleda deceased since 1999. I have no way of knowing if these two individuals are Husbands #1 and #2.

So I would conclude that in order, her exes are 1) probably living; 2) possibly deceased; and 3) definitely deceased.

Ransom said:

Is this the same Dave Baker who bankrupted his church and is a narcisstic clown?  Bow he has a lot of credibility!

Escapee said:
Is this the same Dave Baker who bankrupted his church and is a narcisstic clown?  Bow he has a lot of credibility!

Then it's only natural he should host a bunch of Gail the Ripper's nonsensery.

AmazedbyGrace said:
I did scoff that she was referred to as a "scholar".

Yes, that made me snort quite a bit.

She's getting payback at JS for not kowtowing to her views.

Ransom said:
Additionally, based on my admittedly non-intensive research on Google, there is a Terry Latessa listed in the white pages in Ohio, and a Franklin Alexander Kaleda deceased since 1999. I have no way of knowing if these two individuals are Husbands #1 and #2.

So I would conclude that in order, her exes are 1) probably living; 2) possibly deceased; and 3) definitely deceased.

I didn't know that Michael Riplinger had passed away, but one of her earlier husbands is certainly dead; I'm not certain about the other, so this post is most likely correct.

Ransom said:
Ms. Ludwig-Latessa-Kaleda-Riplinger is kind of an attention whore. Why else would she insert herself into this situation, if not as part of her campaign against Schaap because of his more moderate stance on KJV-onlyism...?

Schaap came out pretty hard against her during all of the "preservation" -vs- "inspiration" debate. Looks like she is returning the favor.

http://www.avpublications.org/articles/gail-riplinger-defends-herself-by-slandering-her-ex-husbands.pdf

Black Widow and the Felon.

Those two would make a perfect couple, arrogant, condescending and ignorant all at the same time.
IMHO