Schaap's Ten-Year Anniversary

Phooey-dini

Elect
Reaction score
For you current and recent FBCHers during tail-end of Schaap's regime, how did this nonsense sit with you? (see link below)

Point is, even if the guy was squeaky clean morally this is utterly ridiculous. Just trying to wrap my head around the fact that anyone thought this was appropriate or normal in any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNyM-amltk

Phooey-dini said:
For you current and recent FBCHers during tail-end of Schaap's regime, how did this nonsense sit with you? (see link below)

Point is, even if the guy was squeaky clean morally this is utterly ridiculous. Just trying to wrap my head around the fact that anyone thought this was appropriate or normal in any way.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jack+schaap+anniversary

By this point Some/Many were writing letters to staff and him concerning his heresies and some of us were praying to fix him or remove him.  Some of us talked privately about these issues and the ego that drove them.  I firmly believe that God caused the revealing of his wicked immorality at the time of His choosing and God structured his removal and many of our prayers were answered.

Thanks for feedback, Tides.

So, what possessed Lapina to do the unthinkable and try to cover it up via public lies? My thoughts are that he was so accustomed to a pastor who had disqualified himself that this was just an innate response from him. Still inexcusable, no question.

Do you hear him say, " Thank you for believing in the vision we've been SELLING"! TRUE! TRUE!

JS always was the proverbial snake oil salesman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sawthruglassclearly said:
Do you hear him say, " Thank you for believing in the vision we've been SELLING"! TRUE! TRUE!

22:42

Phooey-dini said:

I see nothing wrong with honoring your pastor at special times.  This was maybe a little long but done in good taste and some humor thrown in.

soOhCNh.jpg

Twisted said:
Phooey-dini said:

I see nothing wrong with honoring your pastor at special times.  This was maybe a little long but done in good taste and some humor thrown in.

Does it change your opinion at all that he seemed to be emcee-ing his own celebration?? Statistics about the number of Bibles he had signed in 10 years? Number of kleenex boxes he had used?  Unreal.

4-20-2023. I'm giddy with excitement [Not] :D

Phooey-dini said:
Does it change your opinion at all that he seemed to be emcee-ing his own celebration?? Statistics about the number of Bibles he had signed in 10 years? Number of kleenex boxes he had used?  Unreal.

Sure.  Over the top.  But this is FBCH, remember?

They don't get a pass just because they've always been crazy.

Schaap took the narcissism of Hyles up a notch. "Same old stuff...just a HEAP (or pile) more of it!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twisted said:
Phooey-dini said:

So grade them on a curve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willis Athey said:
Twisted said:
Phooey-dini said:

So grade them on a curve!

I think if you curve it that much it will come back to bonk you in the head.