Schools reopening in the fall or NOT

sword

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I read today many school districts in the major cities do not plan to return to a normal classroom schedule this fall. Working parents scramble to find options.

I understand there have been less than 200 deaths due to Covid 19 amoung those under 25. Of those 200 most had pre-existing conditions or were high risk in some way.

In that same age group around 18,000 die each year from accidents, 6159 did from suicide, 5800 die from homicide and 1300 from heart disease*.

Why does the media continue to propogate the idea that our children are at great risk? Do you think schools need to remain closed in the fall.

*Data source: NVSS, National Center for Health Statistics, CDC 2016

Last edited:
Open them suckers up now!!

We cannot deprive our children of an education, especially about LGBTQ, abortions, drugs, etc!

If the schools are closed this fall, they will reopen on November 4.

I'm mixed on the issue. On one hand it gets my kid out of the house. On the other hand home school industrial arts class was going very well. Had my house power washed and the deck painted.

I'm mixed on the issue. On one hand it gets my kid out of the house. On the other hand home school industrial arts class was going very well. Had my house power washed and the deck painted.
LOL!

Just more struggling for power. On other hand, perfect opportunity for all those against public school to start their own home schooling program...... :)

Just had to say that....

I'm on the fence too. Don't want kids to get it but they ride in automobiles that have to pass some rather bad drivers all the time. I pray for their safety all the time. You have not, because you ask not. The safety of our loved ones should be part of every prayer we pray........

Youngins aren't heavily damaged on average by Covid but they are little incubators that allow for transmission rate increases in at-risk demographics.

Youngins aren't heavily damaged on average by Covid but they are little incubators that allow for transmission rate increases in at-risk demographics.

True but I don't think we can completely "covid proof" society.

It is my personal opinion that many have already had it and don't know it.

True but I don't think we can completely "covid proof" society.

It is my personal opinion that many have already had it and don't know it.

Same here. I believe my 18 year old daughter had it back in Feb. She works out every day and is in great shape. There was about a week or so she didn't have the energy to workout at all and ran a slight fever with a cough. Tested negative for strep. She missed several volleyball practices. One of her volleyball teammates was in even worse shape at the same time and that girl tested negative for both strep and the flu. My wife had what seemed like a bad cold with a fever & cough shortly after, and so did I although I didn't notice any fever. I usually get a real bad cold every year in the fall so I thought it was odd that I had this one in February. If we can get some antibody tests done for free, I'd love to know what the results would be for the 3 of us.