Self made doctor

FundNoMore

Elect
Reaction score
If you get a doctorate from a school that you start, is it.legit or just for your ego? More from Bob Gray Sr.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213-094802_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213-094802_Twitter.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Seems to me it would be just for ego. Sadly, many of these "institutions" are doing so.

Another post and run, lol.

I believe that an education in Bible and Theology should be more accessible and that every Christian should take full advantage of it.

I also believe it should be a quality education where your work is evaluated, scrutinized, and challenged. I doubt such takes place at certain IFBx "Kolleges!"

The "Piece of Paper" hanging on your wall means nothing unless you have actually done the work and have "Proven yourself!"

The "Piece of Paper" hanging on your wall means nothing unless you have actually done the work and have "Proven yourself!"
They gave me the piece(s) of paper because I completed the courses and passed the exams. How have I not "proven myself"?

They gave me the piece(s) of paper because I completed the courses and passed the exams. How have I not "proven myself"?
That's what I was trying to say. Some hand out pieces of paper without going through the actual academic process!

I got a piece of paper from a "Back Room Bible Institute" that I graduated from in 1989. I not only did the work but I spent a good bit of time unlearning what I had learned and relearned what was right! After all that, I believe that piece of paper means I "Urned" something!

Same goes for my Bachelor Degree from UOP. The University has taken a lot of crap over the years and the degree does not get the level of respect a "Real" 4-year university but I worked my butt off for it just the same!

I believe that an education in Bible and Theology should be more accessible and that every Christian should take full advantage of it.

I also believe it should be a quality education where your work is evaluated, scrutinized, and challenged. I doubt such takes place at certain IFBx "Kolleges!"

Some of these church colleges have very difficult courses. Many, however, do not. I've seen both kinds and some where the ACE school curriculum and methodology was used...That just doesn't cut it at the college/university level.

Some of these church colleges have very difficult courses. Many, however, do not. I've seen both kinds and some where the ACE school curriculum and methodology was used...That just doesn't cut it at the college/university level.
I believe this summarizes it:

1 Th 5:21 - Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

It is one thing to get yerself edgymucated with gobs and gobs of Booklernin' but until you go out and put it to the test, all that booklernin' means nuttin!

This is where (strangely enough) places like the FFF can be of significant value. Get on here and pontificate your theses and hypotheses while some knot-head is trying to shout you down. If you are able to hold your ground, perhaps you are onto something. If such scrutiny exposes weaknesses in your argument, perhaps you need to go back and do some more studying and maybe re-evaluate your theses and hypotheses!