Sex Scandal at North Love Baptist, Rockford, Illinois

illinoisguy

Elect
Reaction score
This is the church where Josh Duggar was sent years ago to cure him of his deviant sexual proclivities. (But the cure didn't take). The first article states, correctly, that North Love Baptist is associated with Hyles-Anderson College. The article alleges not only a lot of sexual misconduct at North Love, but also cover-ups of the misconduct.

Illinois Pastor Resigns Amid Sex Abuse Scandal at Independent Baptist Church (julieroys.com)

Paul Kingsbury Rockford, IL pastor resigns before sex abuse case (rrstar.com)

Last edited:
More About North Love Baptist Church - it is the sending church for missionary Richard DeVall, accused sex offender, and missionary to Bolivia with Baptist Pioneer Mission Agency of Kincheloe, Michigan, sponsored by Fundamental Baptist Church of Kinross, Michigan:

HOME | North Love (northlovebaptistchurch.com)

The role of this agency in sending a sex offender to the mission field was exposed years ago in the BJU GRACE final report, issued on December 11, 2014 (the accusations of misconduct against DeVall were first made publicly in 2012):

f8b0d7_e4b04d0fb3ed410a8ed374d20b2900a7.pdf (filesusr.com)

In spite of this exposure, Richard DeVall is still kept on the field by Baptist Pioneer Mission Agency:

DeVall (bpmission.org)

The DeVall web site lists North Love Baptist Church as their sending/home church:

Here is the statement from the woman who was assaulted and stalked by DeVall at Bob Jones University. She says that DeVall admitted to rape, and states that she was asked by the BJU Dean of Students "for assurances that I would not do anything to hinder this godly young man from completing his preparation for ministry."

“My missionary offender came back to the U.S.” | BJUGrace

For more information, see the Do Right BPM web site:
  1. "Bob Jones University acknowledges the assault took place.
  2. "The accused perpetrator was permitted to minimize the details of the assault.
  3. "Although the accused perpetrator was expelled after his confession to University authorities, he was later readmitted, allowed to give a public prayer in chapel, graduate, and later return to campus as a representative of a mission board.
  4. "According to the survivor, the mission board refused to have the accused perpetrator return to the United States to face criminal charges.
  5. "This man [DeVall], accused by the survivor and having confessed to Bob Jones University, is permitted to remain on a mission field as a pastor, teacher and trusted leader, without those that could be vulnerable knowing of his expulsion from Bob Jones University or that criminal charges await him in the United States."

Do Right Baptist Pioneer Mission: March 2015

This information about the sending of a sex offender as an IFB missionary to Bolivia has been out there on the Internet for many years. Baptist Pioneer Missions and North Love Baptist Church have had plenty of time and opportunity to reflect on the question of whether they want to continue to send out and support DeVall to represent IFBs on the mission field. So far, their answer is Yes, they stand behind DeVall.

More About North Love Baptist Church - it is the sending church for missionary Richard DeVall, accused sex offender, and missionary to Bolivia with Baptist Pioneer Mission Agency of Kincheloe, Michigan, sponsored by Fundamental Baptist Church of Kinross, Michigan:

HOME | North Love (northlovebaptistchurch.com)

The role of this agency in sending a sex offender to the mission field was exposed years ago in the BJU GRACE final report, issued on December 11, 2014 (the accusations of misconduct against DeVall were first made publicly in 2012):

f8b0d7_e4b04d0fb3ed410a8ed374d20b2900a7.pdf (filesusr.com)

In spite of this exposure, Richard DeVall is still kept on the field by Baptist Pioneer Mission Agency:

DeVall (bpmission.org)

The DeVall web site lists North Love Baptist Church as their sending/home church:

Here is the statement from the woman who was assaulted and stalked by DeVall at Bob Jones University. She says that DeVall admitted to rape, and states that she was asked by the BJU Dean of Students "for assurances that I would not do anything to hinder this godly young man from completing his preparation for ministry."

“My missionary offender came back to the U.S.” | BJUGrace

For more information, see the Do Right BPM web site:
  1. "Bob Jones University acknowledges the assault took place.
  2. "The accused perpetrator was permitted to minimize the details of the assault.
  3. "Although the accused perpetrator was expelled after his confession to University authorities, he was later readmitted, allowed to give a public prayer in chapel, graduate, and later return to campus as a representative of a mission board.
  4. "According to the survivor, the mission board refused to have the accused perpetrator return to the United States to face criminal charges.
  5. "This man [DeVall], accused by the survivor and having confessed to Bob Jones University, is permitted to remain on a mission field as a pastor, teacher and trusted leader, without those that could be vulnerable knowing of his expulsion from Bob Jones University or that criminal charges await him in the United States."

Do Right Baptist Pioneer Mission: March 2015

This information about the sending of a sex offender as an IFB missionary to Bolivia has been out there on the Internet for many years. Baptist Pioneer Missions and North Love Baptist Church have had plenty of time and opportunity to reflect on the question of whether they want to continue to send out and support DeVall to represent IFBs on the mission field. So far, their answer is Yes, they stand behind DeVall.
Posts like this (grounded in facts) are what keeps Raider away from the forum.

Posts like this (grounded in facts) are what keeps Raider away from the forum.
Hilarious from a man who rejects truth constantly, and that's more the reason Raider stays away than your "guess".

Hilarious from a man who rejects truth constantly, and that's more the reason Raider stays away than your "guess".
Thee twisted accusing someone of rejecting truth!
Oh the irony!
Quick! Email Lew. He has millions of followers to his truth propagating blog.

Love Gone Bad - This is a report on the North Love situation from the local Rockford TV station. There are a lot of dissatisfied customers - 21 women claiming to have been sexually abused in some manner, and 80 former members in a survivor's support group. One would think that such a reputable IFB church, that is King James Only, and is advertised in the Sword of the Lord, and is the home of Reformers Unanimous, and pastored by a Hyles-Anderson grad, could do better than this:

Bringing Secrets into the Light: Allegations of abuse and cover-up at North Love Baptist Church (wifr.com)

Last edited:
Love Gone Bad - This is a report on the North Love situation from the local Rockford TV station. There are a lot of dissatisfied customers - 21 women claiming to have been sexually abused in some manner, and 80 former members in a survivor's support group. One would think that such a reputable IFB church, that is King James Only, and is advertised in the Sword of the Lord, and is the home of Reformers Unanimous, and pastored by a Hyles-Anderson grad, could do better than this:

Bringing Secrets into the Light: Allegations of abuse and cover-up at North Love Baptist Church (wifr.com)
In the past, being KJVO and adhering to the other idiosyncrasies of the Uber IFB movement were paramount.
That is why Jerry Falwell was anathema and Jack Hyles was still honored…in spite of their personal morality standards.
How was this church Hyles related? Pastor Kingsbury a Hyles grad?

Pastor Kingsbury was a Hyles-Anderson graduate from the early days. He graduated sometime in the mid-to-late 1970s, I believe.

Unlike some, Kingsbury kept up his affiliation with Hyles-Anderson for years. Johnny Pope and Paul Kingsbury were very close companions in the ministry through the decades, and they always cherished the legacy that they participated in during their college years.

Was Paul Kingsbury a Jack Hyles acolyte like Bob Gray and Tom Neal? No. However, he was still in the circuit.

More on the Richard DeVall case - the rapist, Bob Jones University graduate, and IFB missionary to Bolivia (see post #2). Now the story is on the Julie Roys web site. One would think that with all this adverse publicity about DeVall going back almost 7 years now, that Baptist Pioneer Missions and North Love Baptist Church would withdraw their endorsement from DeVall and pull him off the mission field. Naaaaah, that is too much to expect.

He Admits He Raped Her. His Church Knows. He’s Still on the Mission Field. (julieroys.com)

Two women are now suing North Love Baptist Church and Reformers Unanimous over allegations that the church and Pastor Kingsbury were negligent in handling the sexual abuse committed against them by men at the church. Allegedly the church did not report the allegations to the police as required by law. I guess the court will have to decide whether or not these allegations are "fake news." Stay tuned to most of this same station for further developments.

Two women accuse North Love Baptist Church youth leader of sexual abuse | MyStateline.com

Last edited:
Julie Roys is fake news. She twists everything.,
Are you saying her report on this pastor isn't correct? I just wonder how many pastors/graduates from HAC have been caught in sexual indiscretions. I know of at least four pastors here in Tennessee....one was Joe Combs...then, of course, there was Jack Schaap, but he was the pastor of FBCH....This one college seems to have a very high number of deviants.

IFB missionary and admitted rapist Richard DeVall has finally been dismissed by his mission board, Baptist Pioneer Mission. Better late than never, I suppose. Yeah, yeah, some people will say this is all "fake news," even though DeVall is on record as admitting to the rape. What remains to be seen is whether or not DeVall will be able to stay on the mission field by continuing to receive support from his loyal supporters, even though those funds will no longer be administered by Baptist Pioneer Mission.

Mission Board Cuts Ties with Baptist Missionary Who Admitted To Rape (julieroys.com)

"Kim Meyering, executive director for Baptist Pioneer Mission, previously avoided taking responsibility for holding DeVall accountable when TRR interviewed him in September. Since then, he said, the mission board’s directors have made efforts 'to digest things a little bit, understand some of the gravity of it. All of that just took some time, unfortunately, and I’ve said to (Lisa), I said I’m so sorry it’s taken so long,' Meyering said.

"He said the mission board was told years ago that the criminal investigation into DeVall was closed. 'That more or less confused us,' Meyering said. 'I’m sorry that happened, nevertheless,” he added. 'I wish it had been all dealt with. It bothers me that it had to take this long to come to this conclusion.'”