SFL: Lancaster Baptist Fundraising

“The Campaign Pastor will also assist the home host team captains with the oversight of home visits, contacting church members, and evaluating the response of each member.”

LBC (current and ex) member's comments to this SFL posts:

"I get sick to my stomach when I think about how we were brainwashed into forking over money we didn’t have to the building program. I know for a fact that a lot of people took out loans and went into debt. I used to wonder how people could let themselves get so easily talked into just handing over their money to a church, now I understand."

"I would think that any pastor who was concerned about his congregation would warn them not to be be foolish or impulsive in their giving. However, I did hear Pastor Chappell say in a Sunday night service that refinancing your home is a good way to free up more money to give to the building program. Even though I was still a believer in LBC back then I thought “That makes no sense to me.”'

AmazedbyGrace said:
LBC (current and ex) member's comments to this SFL posts:

"I get sick to my stomach when I think about how we were brainwashed into forking over money we didn’t have to the building program. I know for a fact that a lot of people took out loans and went into debt. I used to wonder how people could let themselves get so easily talked into just handing over their money to a church, now I understand."

"I would think that any pastor who was concerned about his congregation would warn them not to be be foolish or impulsive in their giving. However, I did hear Pastor Chappell say in a Sunday night service that refinancing your home is a good way to free up more money to give to the building program. Even though I was still a believer in LBC back then I thought “That makes no sense to me.”'
Here's a more practical approach to giving, by a somewhat well-known teacher:

Luk 11:41
41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.