Should fallen pastors be restored?

bgwilkinson said:
All these talent oriented reality shows in this culture and the big bucks paid to anyone who happens to have a certain talent, the praise and following of "the talented" has crept into the church . Rather than following someone who is following Jesus and lifting Him up, Christians are following someone who can "bring it", who can "shell the corn", who can thunder from the pulpit , who can put on a show and who can bring in the crowds. There are now preachers that rap their sermons because so many non-thinking among the youth have embraced street culture & it's so-called music.

Even after their fallen leaders have gone into a morality & debauchery people long to again see that talent on display, they long for the show. When it is Jesus & and His righteousness we should long for daily.

I agree with MacArthur.

I agree with MacArthur on this issue.

What's funny is the article was written in 1991.

Can you imagine what he thinks now?

Twisted said:

I got the tip off when I heard him mention that he received a 'cassette'... ???

16KJV11 said:
Twisted said:

I got the tip off when I heard him mention that he received a 'cassette'... ???

Had the cassette contained the Dixie Chicks, MacArthur would have been disqualified... :)

I believe he forfeits the right to pastor.

This topic reminds me of a question I've had for a while.  I know Joy Evans is active and vocal about her story.  Has Wendall Evans ever spoken or written about his daughter's abuse?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

He's just proving he's truly Twisted.

bgwilkinson said:
Can one still pastor after a disqualifying sin?

Isn't the answer by definition "NO"???  If it is a ministry DISQUALIFYING sin, he is disqualified from the ministry. If he isn't, it,  by very definition isn't a disqualifying sin.

Since Mac is a little closer to the Scriptural position in his beliefs concerning church leadership, than most IFB, I'd like to remind this thread's readers that neither God nor Mac teach the single elder rule.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk