Signs of the Times

Edwards

Elect
Reaction score
Here is an magazine put out by R. A. Torrey's school that has an issue on the "signs of the times."  It is from July 1919 and it is interesting that they are saying the same things many do today.  I found it interesting and I thought some of you might as well.  Just click on the magazine in order to turn the page.
http://www.biola.edu/kingsbusiness/view/10/7

Every generation wants to think they are the generation of the apocalypse. People see what they want to see.

I have friends that are so caught up in end time events..... they see endless patterns in the stupidest things. Such things really discredit anyone that wants to "predict" the future in prophesy.

I saw were a person heard the term "holy see" and took it to mean the "holy sea"... and immediately began to preach on how the beast rises up out of the "sea"!!!

Jesus is coming. At exactly what time..... no one knows. The season has long been upon us. Through many generations. This doesn't change the fact that Jesus will come right on time.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.

praise_yeshua said:
Every generation wants to think they are the generation of the apocalypse. People see what they want to see.

At least they keep predicting the same thing, unlike the global alarmists, who predict an disastrous ice age for a decade and then predict disastrous global warming the next.