Silly teaching associated with the Judgement

treasure_unseen

Elect
Reaction score
"I would rather have thousands to say to me at the judgment, 'We heard you preach, and you hurt our feelings, than to have just one soul to say, 'I heard you preach, but you did not tell me the truth"

John T Lewis

It is ridiculous to make such statements as above. "John T Lewis" isn't going to be fielding "thousands" of complaints at the "Judgement". All he is trying to do is inserting himself into something that has nothing to do with him. He wanted to be important. ABOVE another man in such things.

News Flash. You're not going to face John T Lewis at the Judgment. Nor anyone like him. Not your pastor. Not your sunday school teacher. You're going to face God and John T Lewis isn't going to be there for YOU. He is going to be there for himself alone.

I've heard such nonsense my entire life and there is absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL evidence for such things.

Now let me ask YOU a question.

If you know YOUR pastor isn't going to be the one judging you, then why are you trying to please him?

"I would rather have thousands to say to me at the judgment, 'We heard you preach, and you hurt our feelings, than to have just one soul to say, 'I heard you preach, but you did not tell me the truth"

John T Lewis

It is ridiculous to make such statements as above. "John T Lewis" isn't going to be fielding "thousands" of complaints at the "Judgement". All he is trying to do is inserting himself into something that has nothing to do with him. He wanted to be important. ABOVE another man in such things.

News Flash. You're not going to face John T Lewis at the Judgment. Nor anyone like him. Not your pastor. Not your sunday school teacher. You're going to face God and John T Lewis isn't going to be there for YOU. He is going to be there for himself alone.

I've heard such nonsense my entire life and there is absolutely NO SCRIPTURAL evidence for such things.

Now let me ask YOU a question.

If you know YOUR pastor isn't going to be the one judging you, then why are you trying to please him?
On the surface without knowing anything about John Lewis, I don't see a problem with his statement. I don't think he's trying to suggest he's going to be joining in on the judgement of his former congregants. He's simply stating he doesn't want to so dance around the truth that no one gets saved. I think the admonition to preach the Gospel in itself means you are going to offend some, especially in today's culture. Stating 4 +4 will offend some how much more deep spiritual truths. If a pastor is purposely making a point to be insulting or being offensive while trying to promote preferences then you may have a point but the statement alone does not seem controversial.

Boy oh boy, some mean ol' pastor must have really really really done a number on you. you know how they say that you can tell what problems a preacher has by listening to his sermons content or regular basis? Your postd speak volumes about your myopic obsession.

Boy oh boy, some mean ol' pastor must have really really really done a number on you. you know how they say that you can tell what problems a preacher has by listening to his sermons content or regular basis? Your postd speak volumes about your myopic obsession.

We will see what God says about it.

I'm sorry you've been lied to. I'm sorry you'd rather follow the doctrines of men rather than have a singular view of Jesus Christ. I speak the Truth and you'd rather settle for lies. Your posts speaks volumes about your admiration of men.

Yep, Alayman, since you don't hate your pastor that's proof your a man worshiper. Of course if you do hate your pastor that's just proof your trying to cover up for being a man worshiper.

We will see what God says about it.

I'm sorry you've been lied to. I'm sorry you'd rather follow the doctrines of men rather than have a singular view of Jesus Christ. I speak the Truth and you'd rather settle for lies. Your posts speaks volumes about your admiration of men.
The obvious point I was making is that you are essentially becoming a one-trick pony, consumed in your conversations by one topic. It's like when some preterist or other eschatologically driven brother doesn't know how to talk about anything except for when Jesus came back, or won't come back, or already came back...

you get the point, at least I hope.

The obvious point I was making is that you are essentially becoming a one-trick pony, consumed in your conversations by one topic. It's like when some preterist or other eschatologically driven brother doesn't know how to talk about anything except for when Jesus came back, or won't come back, or already came back...

you get the point, at least I hope.

I get it. Whatever it takes for you to not pay attention.

Pay attention to what? You rant and rave about "lies" and never explain what the truth is.

All you do is whine and moan. Why should anyone pay attention to that?

No one has to listen to you and you're complaining because I told the truth.

I see you got that "butt slap" you're looking for from your single cheerleader. Enjoy.

No one has to listen to you and you're complaining because I told the truth.
You mean what your mind, in it's current condition, perceives as the truth. If you are looking for help start by learning all you can about Grandiose Delusional Disorder.

But here you are.

No, you made some assertions. You didn't leave any way of knowing whether or not you are telling the truth. I assume not, unless shown otherwise.

I said there were no Scriptural evidence for such teachings. In other words, there is no evidence for such teachings. Yet. Here you are. Demanding evidence when there is none.

I said there were no Scriptural evidence for such teachings. In other words, there is no evidence for such teachings. Yet. Here you are. Demanding evidence when there is none.
It is truth simply because Treasure rambled on about it (Grandiose Delusional Disorder-GDD for short).

Arguments from silence fail to convince.

You could make a positive case (supported with Scripture) for the way you think things ought be done.You never do, of course. You have nothing constructive to say. You're nothing but an unhinged railer and yeller at clouds.

Arguments from silence fail to convince.

You could make a positive case (supported with Scripture) for the way you think things ought be done.You never do, of course. You have nothing constructive to say. You're nothing but an unhinged railer and yeller at clouds.

You can call it an argument from silence if you want. The truth is.... The Scriptures do not teach this. When someone ADDS to the Scriptures, they are guilty. Do you remember these words?

Proverbs 30:5-6

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

The Scripture are clear about what will happen when God judges humanity. What God declares about that event does come close to equaling what I quoted in the OP and what others teach Theo. I am speaking to those that know those words. Not to train someone on understanding them. I'm appealing to the learned individual. Not the willingly ignorant.

I always make my case.

You can call it an argument from silence if you want. The truth is.... The Scriptures do not teach this. When someone ADDS to the Scriptures, they are guilty. Do you remember these words?

Proverbs 30:5-6

Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, lest he rebuke you and you be found a liar.

The Scripture are clear about what will happen when God judges humanity. What God declares about that event does come close to equaling what I quoted in the OP and what others teach Theo. I am speaking to those that know those words. Not to train someone on understanding them. I'm appealing to the learned individual. Not the willingly ignorant.

I always make my case.
So in your mind he was teaching about what is going to transpire at the Judgement? How about providing the rest of the sermon for context so we can see if he was trying to teach the specifics of the Judgement or if he was trying to convince men the need to speak the truth of the Gospel no matter how offensive it is to certain people?

You can call it an argument from silence if you want.

Since that is what it is, I will continue to do so.

I always make my case.

You have no case to make. The only Scriptures you cited, even, were to justify yourself, not your assertions. Basically, you just proved my point that you're an ignorant ranter, not a skilled handler of the word of God.

Since that is what it is, I will continue to do so.

I quoted a verse that very specifically deals with adding to God's Word. A verse you're ignoring. The quote in the OP adds to God's Word. There is nothing in the Scriptures that details the Judgement of God containing such nonsense. The OP is ADDING to God's Word.

Which is not an argument from silence even though the Scriptures do not specifically saw the Judgement of God DOESN'T contain the events mentioned with the quote in the OP. You're being dishonest.

You have no case to make. The only Scriptures you cited, even, were to justify yourself, not your assertions. Basically, you just proved my point that you're an ignorant ranter, not a skilled handler of the word of God.

No Theo. You're the unskilled handler of the Scriptures. I handled the Scriptures. I mentioned the error of ADDING to the Scriptures. The error contain within the quote of the OP.

I don't remember this Ransom/Theo fellow that loves to quote logical fallacies even when he doesn't understand them. You're just being the debate bully standing the crowd yelling.... "ooh ooh ooh"

Last edited: