Small and few ads

FSSL

Staff member
Administrator
Doctor
Reaction score
Since this forum is taking up resources on my dedicated server and I have employed individuals (and will certainly again) to work on various issues, I will be introducing some small topic ads and other ads.

I promise at least the following:
1) Not to compromise the speed of this forum
2) Not to compromise the user experience of this forum in that you have to constantly dodge big white boxes
3) Work hard at making sure the ads are acceptable.

FSSL said:
Since this forum is taking up resources on my dedicated server and I have employed individuals (and will certainly again) to work on various issues, I will be introducing some small topic ads and other ads.

2) Not to compromise the user experience of this forum in that you have to constantly dodge big white boxes

Ever consider being user supported?

Or, maybe have a membership fee that gives the member certain perks.

FSSL said:

Won't stop me from coming here, unless you become like the old Forum.

Torrent v.2 said:
Won't stop me from coming here, unless you become like the old Forum.

Totally agree... I came from the old forum and know that things were fine until the new owner started to go bath salts with the ads!

admin said:
Yes. I don't think there is real value there. Giving subscribers an opportunity to have certain "perks" would not offset enough.

Perks or not, perhaps user supported just might pay the bills.