So Easy

LongGone

Elect
Reaction score
"Together we're going to deliver real change that once again puts American first"  Trump said at an October rally in Florida. "That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as O.bamacare...You're going to have such great healtcare, at a tiny fraction of the cost-and it's going to be so easy."

Couldn't do it with a Republican House. Maybe because it wasn't a tiny fraction of the cost. So much for the Art of the Deal. I must give my friend Tarheel credit for saying he wan't expecting much in a replacement plan. Looks like he didn't get anything.

It may be a long four years.

Perhaps LongGone has read the "Art of the Deal" and can inform us as to why this must be a real setback. One thing Trump loves to do is to go for the "Long Deal."

Could it be that he is using this as an opportunity to get rid of some Rhinos?

FSSL said:
Perhaps LongGone has read the "Art of the Deal" and can inform us as to why this must be a real setback. One thing Trump loves to do is to go for the "Long Deal."

Could it be that he is using this as an opportunity to get rid of some Rhinos?

Why this is a setback.

1. Trump told us it would be easy.

2. Trump said he would immediately repeal and replace.

3. Trump could not get his own party on board.

4. Trump said "he" had a plan. Paul Ryan came up with the plan. Trump has been exposed for never having a plan.

5.If Trump had the long term plan you think he has then he would have kept pushing back the vote thinking he would get there. If there was a long term plan then Trump has once again shown you can not trust what he states.

So far a vote for Trump has produced a president who love to grab women's private parts unasked, a president who makes wild unsubstantiated claims and can't produce what he promised.

Possibly a strategy that leads to draining the swamp. Get his book. It is very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LongGone said:
"Together we're going to deliver real change that once again puts American first"  Trump said at an October rally in Florida. "That begins with immediately repealing and replacing the disaster known as O.bamacare...You're going to have such great healtcare, at a tiny fraction of the cost-and it's going to be so easy."
Couldn't do it with a Republican House. Maybe because it wasn't a tiny fraction of the cost. So much for the Art of the Deal. I must give my friend Tarheel credit for saying he wan't expecting much in a replacement plan. Looks like he didn't get anything.
It may be a long four years.
They were only short about 10 votes, that's not a lot of votes in the house.
It will get passed soon enough, the question is do they swing left to pick up a few Democrats or swing right to pick up some of the freedom caucus votes. AHA is dying its just a matter of time. Trump is learning how things work in Washington, it's just going to take a little time.

FSSL said:
Possibly a strategy that leads to draining the swamp. Get his book. It is very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it comes to being a public official there is no strategy that justifies not being honest with the public. No one forced him to say it would be fast and easy. I realize you can not say everything you know but deception is adding to the swamp he promised to drain.

He has obviously had success in the past and he may learn to do this better but I am not convinced he has a strategy.

How long did it take Obama to get his plan passed? It's been 60+ days, and your already ready to throw Trump under the bus??

I'm glad it didn't get passed, not because it was a Republican plan, but it would seriously hurt people who have preexisting conditions. What disappoints me is the GOP had several years to work up and present a good alternative. As it turns out, they seemed to be scrambling to throw something together at the last minute to try to make good on their "early repeal" promise.

I'm all for fixing the current issues but make sure poor, ill and uninsured people don't get dropped in the process.

Smellin Coffee said:
I'm glad it didn't get passed, not because it was a Republican plan, but it would seriously hurt people who have preexisting conditions. What disappoints me is the GOP had several years to work up and present a good alternative. As it turns out, they seemed to be scrambling to throw something together at the last minute to try to make good on their "early repeal" promise.
I'm all for fixing the current issues but make sure poor, ill and uninsured people don't get dropped in the process.
That's how it works in Washington. You can come up with the best plan in the world but when you need 218 votes you are forced to alter your plan to make everyone happy. Those who get "free healthcare or nearly free healthcare want to keep it. Those who are paying for that free healthcare with insurance rates that have doubled or tripled in just a few years and now have $5000.00 and $6000.00 deductibles are not happy with it. It is projected that 15 million people will opt out as soon as you remove the mandate. 6 to 8 million people opt to pay 1.2 to 1.7 billion dollars in penalties (years 2014,2015 & 2016) for not having insurance because it is so cost prohibitive to buy.

Trump will have to move a little to the right or the left, but they will get the votes. If he waits another year insurance in many states will be even more cost prohibitive and most will be down to only one provider. The system if it is not fixed will die on it's own. That is a fact everyone in the industry agrees on but some hate to admit. The system as it is crafted is a money looser for insurance companies so they are opting out as they should.

pbuckhunt said:
How long did it take Obama to get his plan passed? It's been 60+ days, and your already ready to throw Trump under the bus??

The point was that Trump said it would be quick and easy.

Trump lost me when he started his campaign with "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people with lots of problems and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people".

That is not to say I don't wish him well on good things. Let's see great healthcare at a fraction of the cost.

sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:
That's how it works in Washington. You can come up with the best plan in the world but when you need 218 votes you are forced to alter your plan to make everyone happy. Those who get "free healthcare or nearly free healthcare want to keep it. Those who are paying for that free healthcare with insurance rates that have doubled or tripled in just a few years and now have $5000.00 and $6000.00 deductibles are not happy with it. It is projected that 15 million people will opt out as soon as you remove the mandate. 6 to 8 million people opt to pay 1.2 to 1.7 billion dollars in penalties (years 2014,2015 & 2016) for not having insurance because it is so cost prohibitive to buy.

Trump will have to move a little to the right or the left, but they will get the votes. If he waits another year insurance in many states will be even more cost prohibitive and most will be down to only one provider. The system if it is not fixed will die on it's own. That is a fact everyone in the industry agrees on but some hate to admit. The system as it is crafted is a money looser for insurance companies so they are opting out as they should.

The plan that was presented was bad enough, he didn't get full party support from his own party.

Again, fix it. Make it better. And yes, single providers without competition is BAD for the system. Believe me, I've had raises the last two years but my paychecks are less due to more being taken out for healthcare. But when I see some previously uninsurable now able to get healthcare without losing their family's homes or having to choose between skipping supper three nights a week or medicine, less from my paycheck is fine with me.

Smellin Coffee said:
sword said:
Smellin Coffee said:

The plan that was presented was bad enough, he didn't get full party support from his own party.

Again, fix it. Make it better. And yes, single providers without competition is BAD for the system. Believe me, I've had raises the last two years but my paychecks are less due to more being taken out for healthcare. But when I see some previously uninsurable now able to get healthcare without losing their family's homes or having to choose between skipping supper three nights a week or medicine, less from my paycheck is fine with me.

He didn't get full support from his party because the plan was obamacare lite and they want it gone!

Smellin Coffee said:
But when I see some previously uninsurable now able to get healthcare without losing their family's homes or having to choose between skipping supper three nights a week or medicine, less from my paycheck is fine with me.

Are you fine with those previously insured, struggling with insurance issues?

FSSL said:
Smellin Coffee said:
But when I see some previously uninsurable now able to get healthcare without losing their family's homes or having to choose between skipping supper three nights a week or medicine, less from my paycheck is fine with me.

Are you fine with those previously insured, struggling with insurance issues?

I'd like to see such struggles corrected. Despite raises, I am bringing home less on my paycheck than a couple years ago. This month I've had to make some tough financial choices: replace our stolen car or replace our home air conditioning unit that completely died. Two years ago, I would've been able to afford both. Don't think I am immune to being affected. So yeah, financial strain is not fun. But to relieve the uninsured with debilitating, expensive healthcare issues from some of the financial strain, why would that be wrong? To worry about finances is one thing. To worry about health is tough too. To worry about both, double whammy.

Talk to the parent of an uninsured child with cystic fibrosis. Please do. Get his/her opinion. Find out if Obamacare has at least relieved some of the financial strain.