So, what kind of a HAC student were you?

I attended 81- 84. I lived at Baptist City, so I got away with a lot more. I tried to keep my head down, and just finish as quickly as possible. I never wore a suit coat, always a leather jacket and knit tie.

sword said:
TheVoice said:
I was a recent (i.e. - Jericho) student. My freshman year I was a "good" kid. Growing up MK I knew all the rules and where I could push and where I could not. I would say at the time I was "lukewarm" and borderline burnt out. Please do not misunderstand when I say "Lukewarm" I am not saying I broke the standards but instead often let the Standards get in way of a personal relationship. Growing up a MK I loved reading (what else do you do on the road 20+ hours a week for almost 2 years?) and had a good Biblical foundation but in high school had moved emphasize onto sports and academia and had let things slip in my personal walk with God.

Freshman year I went with the motions at times, but it did help me grow - especially as room supervisors made sure we were up early I had about 2 hours before breakfast for getting ready and prayer, meditation, Bible reading. Also had another MK roommate who was a sharpening iron to me.

Sophomore year room supervision was relaxed a bit but it was habitual so I continued to walk with God and keep most of the rules.

Junior year I probably would have probably let some things drop but had a First generation Christian who really enjoyed challenging all of us in the room to back up our beliefs with Scripture - as mentioned I had a good basis but it challenged me to look at every belief under a microscope and separate traditions from Bible. He also had a great heart for his ministry and pushed us to care for people over numbers. Also was roommates with the MK from my freshman year again.

Senior year was interesting as I had some personal health problems and it was also the year of the Schaap incident. Was tempted not to go back, but knowing that my beliefs were based on the Bible and not Schaap helped (and the debt helped a little as well LOL).

Does anyone know what percent of the Jericho students didn't complete their 4 years & then defaulted on their loan obligation?

Don't have the current figures but word is it is very high, 70  to 80 area.