Some advice to you OBC brothers & sisters

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
None of what I am about to post is an attack or any form of correction. I truly care about what you are going through.

I used to go to FBC Hammond. My story is too long to tell and actually detrimental to my soul to rehash over and over. All I can say is, that Schaap pretty much ripped my family apart when he first took over FBC. He lied about me and attacked me. Friends of a lifetime from FBC turned on me and hurt me. I tired to warn some people close to me and they turned on me.

The best thing you can do is shake the dust from your sandals and never, ever look back. I promise you, it will be better for your spiritual, mental and physical health.

All of the hurt was truly a blessing in disguise - that part took me a bit to realize. I wish it would have happened sooner, but God new the right timing as to when it would happen. It caused me to take my eyes off "the preacher", "God's man" - the flesh behind the pulpit that I idolized. I was finally able to look unto the Lord with open eyes, an open mind and an open heart for the 1st time in my life. Move on and love the Lord with all of your heart. Never let goes of His hand and you won't go wrong! You will be happy that you did!

Very good advice.  This is the same story in a lot of these churches. 

Hey Groupie ... I was VERY moved by your post ... and stopped to pray for you today.  What an incredibly sad experience.  Thank you for taking the time to reach out to others. 

2 Corinthians 1:3-4  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

groupie said:
None of what I am about to post is an attack or any form of correction. I truly care about what you are going through.

I used to go to FBC Hammond. My story is too long to tell and actually detrimental to my soul to rehash over and over. All I can say is, that Schaap pretty much ripped my family apart when he first took over FBC. He lied about me and attacked me. Friends of a lifetime from FBC turned on me and hurt me. I tired to warn some people close to me and they turned on me.

The best thing you can do is shake the dust from your sandals and never, ever look back. I promise you, it will be better for your spiritual, mental and physical health.

All of the hurt was truly a blessing in disguise - that part took me a bit to realize. I wish it would have happened sooner, but God new the right timing as to when it would happen. It caused me to take my eyes off "the preacher", "God's man" - the flesh behind the pulpit that I idolized. I was finally able to look unto the Lord with open eyes, an open mind and an open heart for the 1st time in my life. Move on and love the Lord with all of your heart. Never let goes of His hand and you won't go wrong! You will be happy that you did!

Groupie, thanks for the words.  Sorry to hear of your experience and many of us here can and do relate to your situation.  Many can say been there, done that and have the tee shirt!!  Many out there, like you, have dusted off their shoes and moved on.

Others of use have also dusted off our shoes but have chosen to stick around and speak out against the evils of these men for many reasons.  We are not bitter or backslidden.  We have moved on to awesome churches and have amazing relationship with our Savior that we never had in the places we speak out against.  We believe our voices (or posts in this case) reach out to those who are still trapped in the cuiltish churches and help the scales to come off of their eyes as they did ours over time.

Just me said:
Groupie, thanks for the words.  Sorry to hear of your experience and many of us here can and do relate to your situation.  Many can say been there, done that and have the tee shirt!!  Many out there, like you, have dusted off their shoes and moved on.

Others of use have also dusted off our shoes but have chosen to stick around and speak out against the evils of these men for many reasons.  We are not bitter or backslidden.  We have moved on to awesome churches and have amazing relationship with our Savior that we never had in the places we speak out against.  We believe our voices (or posts in this case) reach out to those who are still trapped in the cuiltish churches and help the scales to come off of their eyes as they did ours over time.

Talk about looking into a mirror!  Your testimony here is very much a mirror of mine - we went to a Hyles-worshipping church, where loyalty to the "MAN OF GOD" was ALL.  God, in His grace, opened our eyes to the lack of Biblical preaching and man-worship, and we got out of there.  Now in an amazing church that exalts Jesus Christ and believes that the Holy Spirit transforms lives, not guilt & manipulation by the leadership.

Thank you for the testimonies.