SouthPoint and LifePoint

cpizzle

Elect
Reaction score
Can someone please explain SouthPoint and LifePoint Baptist Churches.  They appear to be run by FBC staff but also appear to be local churches.  Southpoint has no Sunday Night service (Saturday instead) but meets for Sunday School and Sunday Morning preaching.  LifePoint meets on Saturday evenings and Thursdays at Starbucks. 

Are these church autonomous or are they "ministries" of FBC?  Are they financed by FBC or are they self reliant.  Are the leaders employees of their church or of FBC as well?  Are they "real churches" or are they just another "chapel" that are added to the numbers of FBC? (that last question is not meant to be judgmentive or derogatory.)

Thanks for your help.  I was just very curious to understand their status and purpose. 

cpizzle said:
Can someone please explain SouthPoint and LifePoint Baptist Churches.  They appear to be run by FBC staff but also appear to be local churches.  Southpoint has no Sunday Night service (Saturday instead) but meets for Sunday School and Sunday Morning preaching.  LifePoint meets on Saturday evenings and Thursdays at Starbucks. 

Are these church autonomous or are they "ministries" of FBC?  Are they financed by FBC or are they self reliant.  Are the leaders employees of their church or of FBC as well?  Are they "real churches" or are they just another "chapel" that are added to the numbers of FBC? (that last question is not meant to be judgmentive or derogatory.)

Thanks for your help.  I was just very curious to understand their status and purpose.

Life Point is completely independent.

South Point is in a slow translation to independence.

If LifePoint is completely independent....why do they have services on Saturday?  It seems to me that they don't want their service to interfere with FBC.  Am I wrong?

Of course, meeting on Sunday is church tradition (based on when the apostles' met), but it is not a specifically stated requirement.

Thanks

I can't say anything about Life Point, as I do not know it. But South Point should be autonomous by the end of the year. Basically they support themselves and only use FBCH for accounting. South Point has services on Sat and Sunday Sat night Ken Schaap preaches, and Sunday morning Jon Cuozzo.

cpizzle said:
If LifePoint is completely independent....why do they have services on Saturday?  It seems to me that they don't want their service to interfere with FBC.  Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. They only have a place to meet on Saturday. I hear they are looking for a building of their own for Sundays.

cpizzle said:
Of course, meeting on Sunday is church tradition (based on when the apostles' met), but it is not a specifically stated requirement.

Thanks
But they should meet back on Sundays to take up the offerings!
1 Corinthians 16:2 (KJV)
2  Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.