Specifically, what are the “Old Paths”

Check out this website: https://oldpathsjournal.com/?doing_wp_cron=1597090641.8214969635009765625000

This web site is run by Allen Domelle, who was one of the leading defenders of IFB child rapist Cameron Giovanelli. Several years ago, Domelle featured Faith Baptist Church of Wildomar, California on his web site as a shining example of a true Old Paths church. This is the church where Malo Monteiro and at least one other clergy staff member were molesting the kiddies, which was allegedly covered up by the Mannagod.

In my mind, Old Paths is associated with King James Only, no women's slacks, no mixed bathing and dictatorial Preacher Rule, but I suppose everyone has a different definition.

It is so easy to throw out the phrase “old paths” giving the impression that they are talking about the original, apostolic teachings.

unfortunately, your identification is probably more accurate.

Do the “old paths” refer to standards developed by Christian colleges in the 1970s?

Alot of untruths can be hidden by a failure to define terms that are actually used (eg, UGC *cough* *cough*)

Jeremiah 6:16
Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

I think it's just living by faith while obeying Christ's commandments (his commandments are not burdensome). Also see Matthew 11:28, 29.

Check out this website: https://oldpathsjournal.com/?doing_wp_cron=1597090641.8214969635009765625000

This web site is run by Allen Domelle, who was one of the leading defenders of IFB child rapist Cameron Giovanelli. Several years ago, Domelle featured Faith Baptist Church of Wildomar, California on his web site as a shining example of a true Old Paths church. This is the church where Malo Monteiro and at least one other clergy staff member were molesting the kiddies, which was allegedly covered up by the Mannagod.

In my mind, Old Paths is associated with King James Only, no women's slacks, no mixed bathing and dictatorial Preacher Rule, but I suppose everyone has a different definition.
I think Domelle was part of my church up until a certain scandal and split that happened around 2012. I came just after that time when a new pastor had taken over.

It is so easy to throw out the phrase “old paths” giving the impression that they are talking about the original, apostolic teachings.

unfortunately, your identification is probably more accurate.

Do the “old paths” refer to standards developed by Christian colleges in the 1970s?

Alot of untruths can be hidden by a failure to define terms that are actually used (eg, UGC *cough* *cough*)
Speaking of UGC, he's not been around to impart his great wisdom lately.

I remember singing Give Me that Old Time Religion at a non fundamentalist church years ago. The evangelist got up after the fact and said it's a great song but don't go to Haiti and sing it. Old time religion there means voodu and witchcraft.

For Allen Domelle and Bob Gray Sr., Old Paths would involve close identification with and adoration of Jack Hyles, but there are others who are Old Paths who do not identify with Hyles. For some, Old Paths might mean using only old-fashioned traditional music (no CCM). I am hoping that a genuine, true-blue Old Paths-ite will get on the forum here and define it for us (and maybe even "refine it down" or do a video on Complete Old Pathsism).

Last edited:
KJV Only among Baptists isn't very old either, maybe 60 years old. I suppose anyone has the right to assemble a jumble of new practices and "standards" and call it Old Paths.

I think I read that Jack Hyles grew into the KJVO position himself.

Years ago, someone posted quotes to the FFF from Hyles from c. 1984 that were opposed to the KJV-only position. Unfortunately, those posts were to a very early incarnation of the forum, and no longer in existence. I wouldn't know where to look for them, or even if they were written or spoken (though I assume written).

Update: According to this sycophant site, "Brother Hyles was not 'King James Only' prior to 1980, in the way we think of it today. He became stronger and stronger on this issue, especially around 1984 and afterwards, when he preached his sermon 'Logic Must Prove the King James Bible."

So I'll revise back my estimate of 1984. It appears by that time he was fully convinced of the KJV-only position. Prior to the 1980s, the same site says, he would frequently suggest alternative translations to the KJV text in his sermons.

Last edited:
From the book "Let's Study the Revelation" by Jack Hyles (full text is available on the Internet)

[Chapter 6
Verse 1:
In the preceding chapter, we had the acceptance of the sealed book by the Lamb. Remember that the book is the Title Deed to the purchased possession bought by Jesus on Calvary. In this chapter we have the opening of the seals. In this verse, the Lamb (Jesus) starts to open the seals.

Notice the words, "COME AND SEE. " Probably this should have been simply "Come. ]

Don't know where Jackie-Boy got that insight - possibly from the Old Scofield Reference Bible, page 1336 - his note on Revelation 6:1 says, "Come! Omit 'and see.'" According to our modern Ruckmanoid standards, Scofield and Hyles were both card-carrying Alexandrian cultists.

Baptist authors like John R. Rice and other Baptist authors from the 1950s thought it was okay to cite the ASV. Nowadays that would be considered a mortal sin, thanks to the baleful influence of Rucko and Gail the Ripper.

They all grew into that position.
John R Rice wrote an endorsement, advertising the Revised Standard Version in the Sword of the Lord.

According to the website of Middle Tennessee Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, their pastor, Tony Hutson, exemplifies the Old Paths in all their glory. So now we know.

Dr. Tony Hutson
mtbc-103
Bro. Tony Hutson is the founding pastor of Middle Tennessee Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Since its beginnings in the spring of 1990, the church has grown from a living room to a large facility located on the outskirts of town.
Bro. Tony, as he prefers to be called, is the son of the late Dr. Curtis Hutson, well-known preacher and former editor of the SWORD OF THE LORD. Bro. Tony attended Bible College and pastored two other churches but truly honed his considerable preaching skills in pulpits across America as he has done the work of an evangelist for the past several years while still pastoring his church.
Rooted and grounded in the fundamentals of the faith and following the “old paths” in every aspect of his ministry, Bro. Tony has a soul winner’s heart and great vision. Visitation and bus ministry have been key to the growth of MTBC. The church presently operates seven bus routes and sees souls saved weekly in nearly every service.
Bro. Tony and his wife, Mrs. Tracy, are the parents of four children-three daughters (Tenille, Tara and TC) and one son (Troy). He travels around the country preaching most Mondays and Tuesdays but is still available to his people and nearly always in the pulpit for regular services at Middle Tennessee Baptist Church. His preaching has been described as dynamic, exciting and convicting. His larger-than-life personality and tremendous sense of humor, combined with a sincere desire to serve the Lord and preach His Word without compromise, make Bro. Tony Hutson a preacher everyone should hear.

According to the website of Middle Tennessee Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, their pastor, Tony Hutson, exemplifies the Old Paths in all their glory. So now we know.

Dr. Tony Hutson
mtbc-103
Bro. Tony Hutson is the founding pastor of Middle Tennessee Baptist Church in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Since its beginnings in the spring of 1990, the church has grown from a living room to a large facility located on the outskirts of town.
Bro. Tony, as he prefers to be called, is the son of the late Dr. Curtis Hutson, well-known preacher and former editor of the SWORD OF THE LORD. Bro. Tony attended Bible College and pastored two other churches but truly honed his considerable preaching skills in pulpits across America as he has done the work of an evangelist for the past several years while still pastoring his church.
Rooted and grounded in the fundamentals of the faith and following the “old paths” in every aspect of his ministry, Bro. Tony has a soul winner’s heart and great vision. Visitation and bus ministry have been key to the growth of MTBC. The church presently operates seven bus routes and sees souls saved weekly in nearly every service.
Bro. Tony and his wife, Mrs. Tracy, are the parents of four children-three daughters (Tenille, Tara and TC) and one son (Troy). He travels around the country preaching most Mondays and Tuesdays but is still available to his people and nearly always in the pulpit for regular services at Middle Tennessee Baptist Church. His preaching has been described as dynamic, exciting and convicting. His larger-than-life personality and tremendous sense of humor, combined with a sincere desire to serve the Lord and preach His Word without compromise, make Bro. Tony Hutson a preacher everyone should hear.

HAY-MAN! Bro Tony is not a compromiser!