Spiritual Gifts

julie33

Elect
Reaction score
I am just wondering if anyone would like to look at scriptures and discuss spiritual gifts one at a time. I would be interested in discussing Mercy first, then the others, faith, hospitality, etc. I am not interested in discussing tongues. I just wondered if anyone else has any study material on these or would like to look at scriptures and discuss them by chance. I think if we discussed one gift at a time it might make discussion be kept more simple. Thanks. :)

julie33 said:
I am just wondering if anyone would like to look at scriptures and discuss spiritual gifts one at a time. I would be interested in discussing Mercy first, then the others, faith, hospitality, etc. I am not interested in discussing tongues. I just wondered if anyone else has any study material on these or would like to look at scriptures and discuss them by chance. I think if we discussed one gift at a time it might make discussion be kept more simple. Thanks. :)

Mercy.

First, we must learn what mercy is... I think a standard answer is "not getting the punishment one deserves" (someone may be able to improve upon this).

Divine mercy is different from human mercy.  When a human shows mercy, justice is usually not satisfied -- for example, showing mercy to a thief because he was hungry is, technically, committing an injustice.

But divine mercy is also just because Jesus Christ has paid for my sins; therefore, God can show mercy.

I think, to some extent, all believes are supposed to be merciful, especially toward each other.

But the "gift" of mercy would be able to show mercy in a way beyond what is average or normal.

That's about all I can think of on the subject at the moment.

My wife and I are born-again Baptists who faithfully attend an Assemblies of God church here in Mexico. God gave us 23 kids on the van yesterday for Saturday children-s church, and we have a teen-age van for Sunday night church.

While I believe they have erred on tongues, understanding spiritual gifts has opened whole new areas of spiritual growth and service to us.