Staff Who Left FBC / HAC

WESLEY

Elect
Reaction score
I just want to say I have the highest respect for many of those who were on staff, have been laid off, and have stayed!  Yes, they have become a "normal" church member like the rest of us, and have practiced what the preached all these years...

HOWEVER -  there are many who are in area churches now, because they no longer receive a check from FBC / HAC.  I want to differentiate between those who have left because God has led them to... I think this is easily discernible in HOW they left.  If they left to start a church, and did what they taught all of these years (leaving with the blessing of their pastor), I am fine with that.... If they left to help a pastor, usually in a distant state... I am fine with that.  It's a little hard to swallow that those who preached to us all of these years, while receiving a check that was financed by our tuition and tithes, are now living contrary to what we were taught by them.  Most of those warming the bench in "area churches" taught us that every Christian is in full time service... and it shouldn't make a difference if you get a check or not...

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post... just what's on my heart.

Can someone start a list of the Senior Staff people who have left and what they are doing now.

I know many are pastoring and at least 1 is doing time.

(Raider just PM'ed an said NO LIST, one person per post so I will start us off.

Ken Schapp

Pastoring in Mason, Ohio.

Update: Moving to a new larger building later this spring.

http://www.faithway.church/

Stuart Mason (Pastor)

Timberline Baptist Church
Sherwood, OR

http://www.timberlinebaptist.net/main.html

Scott Gray (Pastor)

Liberty Baptist Church
Durham, NC

http://lbcdurham.org/about-us/our-staff

Last update I have is all is going great.

Bob Hooker (Pastor)

Calvary Baptist Church
Memphis,TN

On March 6th it was announced that Bro. Hooker will be the new pastor.

I'm so glad for him and his family. He will make a world class pastor.

sword said:
Stuart Mason (Pastor)

Sherwood, OR

Do any 80's folks think that this is hilarious???

Todd Weber

Administrative Pastor

Liberty Baptist Church
Durham, NC

Works for Scott Gray. Anyone know what the major role of an Administrative Pastor is. Is this a traditional assistant pastor position?

Freddy De Anda (Pastor)
Hispano de la Primera Iglesia Bautista

Chicago

It looks like Ken Schaap is the only one to start a church plant.

All the others it looks as though the churches they became pastor of had really good crowds already.

WESLEY said:
I just want to say I have the highest respect for many of those who were on staff, have been laid off, and have stayed!  Yes, they have become a "normal" church member like the rest of us, and have practiced what the preached all these years...

HOWEVER -  there are many who are in area churches now, because they no longer receive a check from FBC / HAC.  I want to differentiate between those who have left because God has led them to... I think this is easily discernible in HOW they left.  If they left to start a church, and did what they taught all of these years (leaving with the blessing of their pastor), I am fine with that.... If they left to help a pastor, usually in a distant state... I am fine with that.  It's a little hard to swallow that those who preached to us all of these years, while receiving a check that was financed by our tuition and tithes, are now living contrary to what we were taught by them.  Most of those warming the bench in "area churches" taught us that every Christian is in full time service... and it shouldn't make a difference if you get a check or not...

Anyway, sorry for the lengthy post... just what's on my heart.
Since most of them never received enough money to live on, your point is not only moot, but you are deeply evil.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Bruh said:

All the others it looks as though the churches they became pastor of had really good crowds already.

What does this matter. If you take a church of 50 and grow to 200 and pastor the people well how is that different from starting a church and growing to 200.

It would be dumb to start a church in a town that had a good church in need of a pastor. Why start from scratch if there is a group of people in need of a pastor.

sword said:
Bruh said:

What does this matter. If you take a church of 50 and grow to 200 and pastor the people well how is that different from starting a church and growing to 200.

It would be dumb to start a church in a town that had a good church in need of a pastor. Why start from scratch if there is a group of people in need of a pastor.

IMO, it is telling, that the big wigs of FBCH left and took a "thriving" church.

Starting a church plant and taking a church with 50 is completely different.

I tip my hat to Ken Schaap. The others yes there're still serving the Lord.

You probably think I'm being critical but really believe it's telling.

Didn't Ken Schaap get a bunch of people to financially support him, so that he wouldn't have to *gasp* work?

I have a lot of respect for Rocco Dapice who went off and started a church without any support and with barely $500 in his pocket.

brainisengaged said:
Didn't Ken Schaap get a bunch of people to financially support him, so that he wouldn't have to *gasp* work?

I have a lot of respect for Rocco Dapice who went off and started a church without any support and with barely $500 in his pocket.

I don't know if he got support or not but, yes, that would definitely make things a whole lot easier, for sure.

I respect pastors but a man that starts a church plant with no support and has to work 8 or more hours a day to support his family while planting a church........my my my.......getting something going and keeping something going are two totally different things.

sword said:
Bruh said:

You might be a hacker if^^^^^^^^^

Teri in NC said:
sword said:
Stuart Mason (Pastor)

Sherwood, OR

Do any 80's folks think that this is hilarious???

I'm glad you highlighted it so everyone could reid  it.

Bruh said:
I respect pastors but a man that starts a church plant with no support and has to work 8 or more hours a day to support his family while planting a church........my my my.......getting something going and keeping something going are two totally different things.

I've done both. They each have their own unique challenges and blessings. But I can probably best sum up my feelings by saying I would really not want to start a church again. It was all kinds of difficult.

"Keeping something going" ain't for the fainthearted either though...

Tom Brennan said:
Bruh said:

I've done both. They each have their own unique challenges and blessings. But I can probably best sum up my feelings by saying I would really not want to start a church again. It was all kinds of difficult.

"Keeping something going" ain't for the fainthearted either though...

Well said Tom.