Steven Anderson - The newest Pope!

16KJV11

Doctor
Reaction score
Isn't it telling that pastors from 50 states are following Anderson's lead to have soul-winning marathons, all at once?
That is power that Hyles/Gray/ whoever you can think of except the pope could only dream of! 
I've been in the ministry and around fundamentalism since 1986 and I don't remember anything like that kind of influence from anyone that I know of.

16KJV11 said:
Isn't it telling that pastors from 50 states are following Anderson's lead to have soul-winning marathons, all at once?
That is power that Hyles/Gray/ whoever you can think of except the pope could only dream of! 
I've been in the ministry and around fundamentalism since 1986 and I don't remember anything like that kind of influence from anyone that I know of.

They didn't have social media like Anderson has.

I take it you weren't around the original FFF back in 2001 when Hyles bit it. There were nitwits posting that Jacky was telling Jesus where to build mansions and other sycophantic drivel. (To say nothing of the clown who tried to bring the FFF down because it was originally hosted on a domain named after Hyles, and the then-Webmaster wasn't neck-deep in the hundred-percenter Kool-aid.)

Hyles didn't need social media to garner a cult following. On the other hand, I can't imagine Spamderson's cloud of witlesses putting on the same ridiculous display, even with it.

https://youtu.be/7xxgRUyzgs0

16KJV11 said:

I have long believed that Anderson was indeed a huge (comparatively speaking) leader/influencer in IFB circles...he partially fills the void left by the demise of the Jurassic Park Old Path's leadership...Schaap, Gray, Smith etc.
Yet another blessing of being SBC. :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
16KJV11 said:

I have long believed that Anderson was indeed a huge (comparatively speaking) leader/influencer in IFB circles...he partially fills the void left by the demise of the Jurassic Park Old Path's leadership...Schaap, Gray, Smith etc.
Actually, in my circle of friends and acquaintances, I know of no one who followed Anderson at all.  I have known about him, even spoke with him once on the phone, but have always considered him Ann oddball. 

16KJV11 said:
... but have always considered him Ann oddball.

Any relation to Ann Coulter?

Ransom said:
I take it you weren't around the original FFF back in 2001 when Hyles bit it. There were nitwits posting that Jacky was telling Jesus where to build mansions and other sycophantic drivel. (To say nothing of the clown who tried to bring the FFF down because it was originally hosted on a domain named after Hyles, and the then-Webmaster wasn't neck-deep in the hundred-percenter Kool-aid.)

Hyles didn't need social media to garner a cult following. On the other hand, I can't imagine Spamderson's cloud of witlesses putting on the same ridiculous display, even with it.

https://youtu.be/7xxgRUyzgs0
That song is perfect.

I've sung it to myself 100 times as I watched some figure,  including Steve Anderson, get past his own ability to handle his popularity.
Sometime in 2014/15 Winter, I called him, concerned.
His tone with me went immediately from friendly to guarded.
He has been cordial but reserved since.
At one time, I called him and analyzed his sermons, helping him get doctrinally settled.

He ran the opposite way, perfecting Hyles' C.O.P. enough to make Hyles jealous.

Several times I've slugged it out with his followers, over doctrines which he at one time agreed with me on...he just sat back and watched, letting his undiscipled dogs attack me.  Of course, they are unarmed with anything other than his soundbites.
Total Cult of Personality.

You all have my permission to razz me, say "I told you so", and "na-na-na-na-boo-boo", and stick out your tongues with fingers in ears.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

prophet said:
You all have my permission to razz me, say "I told you so", and "na-na-na-na-boo-boo", and stick out your tongues with fingers in ears.

I appreciate your humility.

16KJV11 said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
16KJV11 said:

Actually, in my circle of friends and acquaintances, I know of no one who followed Anderson at all.  I have known about him, even spoke with him once on the phone, but have always considered him Ann oddball.

I've no doubt but that he's a loon.
I was just agreeing with your original post about his 50 state influence.

Tarheel Baptist said:
16KJV11 said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
16KJV11 said:

I've no doubt but that he's a loon.
I was just agreeing with your original post about his 50 state influence.
:)

In the title of this thread the word "pope" needs to add an "o" and drop the "e".