Stone Age vs Space Age

JustABigKid

Elect
Reaction score
Here recently I have seen a number of people post a quote on facebook that says:

"When it comes to Methodology down at the church house I'm not George J. Jetson but Fred Flinstone" - Dr. John Hamblin

Now I don't really know who this John Hamblin guy is. Maybe I should but I don't but my first reaction to this is one of what a horrible way of thinking.

Now I believe that you should never go away from the Bible, but I do believe that with the advancement of technology you can use that to better and more quickly spread the gospel. I believe you can do this without becoming unbiblical or even worldly.

This statement reminds me of many of the IFBx churches who are unwilling to consider using anything new in this world to help them better spread the gospel and that only the old ways work.

Thoughts on this?

Hambone is one of the most conceded, narcissistic fellows you will ever meet.  He preaches and proclaims these stupid little clichés rather than Bible truth.  He doesn't really believe anything he states,  as is indicated by his love of luxury and modern southern Gospel music, oh, and the life of his kids.  He simply found a niche he can exploit and makes a decent living doing so.

He is to be ignored, unless you need a good dose of why you left that group of IFB.

Flintstone vs Hamblin:

Loud-mouth?  Yes
Aggressive schemer?  Yes
Harsh?  Yes
Loses his temper?  Yes
Male chauvinist?  Yes
Recreationalist?  Yes
Part of a group of good-ol-boys?  Yes
stubborn and naive?  Yes
Gambling Problem?
Swooing crowds when he performs?

Huh.  Hambone is alot like Flintstone.

Binaca Chugger said:
Hambone is one of the most conceded, narcissistic fellows you will ever meet.  He preaches and proclaims these stupid little clichés rather than Bible truth.  He doesn't really believe anything he states,  as is indicated by his love of luxury and modern southern Gospel music, oh, and the life of his kids.  He simply found a niche he can exploit and makes a decent living doing so.

He is to be ignored, unless you need a good dose of why you left that group of IFB.

Wow, that's harsh.

I'm not impressed with him.  He spends, it seems, a LOT of time picking alliterations for his message.  All of his messages are similar: Three points, and one of the points will have three sub-points.  All of the points will be something like:
1. The C of S
2. The C of S
2a. The D of P
2b. The D of P
2c. The D of P
3. The C of S

I've made up  these letters, but, for example 1. "The Christ of Salvation"  2. "The Church of Service" with the subpoints being something like a) The Deacons who Preach b) The Devout who Pray c) The Devil who Prevaricates and 3) "The Character of the Saved"

If he spent as much time digging into the Scripture as he does coming up with cutsy alliteration, he might be really good.

Ok so he is one to be weary of. Cool.

But what about the statement?

I guess at this point I am interested more in the statement than the man. Is it something that should be considered or stone age thinking?

JustABigKid said:
I guess at  this point I am interested more in the statement than the man. Is it something that should be considered or stone age thinking?

It sounds exactly like the sort of moronic "more separated than thou" blather these fundy clowns like to spew.