Strange IFB forgiveness

fishinnut

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I found this pic on a military forum. I'm hopeful it was photoshopped! It is a strange way to present forgiveness and even stranger is their witness of the love of Jesus to the lost of their town.

Izdaari said:
It may be a joke, even if the pic is genuine. It is kinda funny.  ;)
There is nothing humorous about hell or telling people they are going there.

Whether advertized on a sign or not..... Many would have the same attitude.

fishinnut said:
Izdaari said:

No, but the sign is still funny.

There's nothing funny about being blown up, but watching Wile E. Coyote get blown up is still funny.

fishinnut said:

This could be exactly what the thief needed to see in order to get him/her thinking about eternity. I have no problem with the sign.

The Rogue Tomato said:
fishinnut said:
Izdaari said:

No, but the sign is still funny.

There's nothing funny about being blown up, but watching Wile E. Coyote get blown up is still funny.

I thought it humorous as well.
Just goes to show, yet again, that not everyone thinks/reasons/reacts alike....

i dont know who preached it and i've never heard it preached, but i know i heard a preacher mention a sermon entitled:  "When God laughs at you"

Proverbs 1:26
I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;

My uncle owned a taxi company. I can remember visiting him with my mom many times. He had little signs and sayings all over the place my favorite was:

Tact: the ability to tell someone to go to Hell and them being happy on their way.

fishinnut said:
I found this pic on a military forum. I'm hopeful it was photoshopped! It is a strange way to present forgiveness and even stranger is their witness of the love of Jesus to the lost of their town.

Hilarious sign.  Good for them.

This op illustrates where we now have arrived.  Instead of being aghast that the fear of God is so lacking today that someone would steal an AC unit from a church, you are instead criticizing the church for their response. 

Yep.....

Frag said:
fishinnut said:

Hilarious sign.  Good for them.

This op illustrates where we now have arrived.  Instead of being aghast that the fear of God is so lacking today that someone would steal an AC unit from a church, you are instead criticizing the church for their response. 

Yep.....
OK then, I must be the lone stranger with the op, I'll be good with that. A church that I was pastor of was broken into & stolen from. If caught I would have gladly asked the courts to prosecute the thief. I would not have advertised the kind of implication that the above sign did.

If this was on a comedy show done for laughs, it would have laughable. I like zingers as much as anyone. But where we really are today IMHO, is that everything is a joke.

That church is not implying that if the thieves are moving to Florida they should keep 1 of the A/C unit to cool them off there. Rather the implication that this church is sending out to the people of their town is we love you as long as you don't steal from us......and then we'll suggest something else to you.

So are they more concerned for the lost........or their stuff?

I laughed.... ??? but it truly is a damaging message. Fishinnut is right, we love all except those that steal our AC
seems to be the message even if it is a joke

I think this is photoshopped

the lost joke about going to hell all the time.

besides, how is it so mean or unloving to tell someone they're headed for hell, especially when it might be true?