Strong clear message Billi Graham

T-Bone

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I watched the Billy Graham program tonight...his last message to the world on his 95th birthday... the cross and that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Strong testimonies from Lecrea & Lacey Sturm of the power of God to save.  I was blessed, I was encouraged, I want to be sharing this wonderful message all my life.

I missed it but the commercial was excellent... I hope its on again..... we need another Billy Graham....

T-Bone said:
I watched the Billy Graham program tonight...his last message to the world on his 95th birthday... the cross and that Jesus is the only way to salvation. Strong testimonies from Lecrea & Lacey Sturm of the power of God to save.  I was blessed, I was encouraged, I want to be sharing this wonderful message all my life.

T -  is your church going to participate in the My Hope program?  Our church has been training for a few weeks now and our pastor has shown two of the videos during church services.  The response has been tremendous.  We have nearly a dozen families signed up to host services specifically aimed at the lost and I am looking forward to seeing these folks get saved and grow in the Lord.  The program is well done and if I wasn't already saved, I'd be wanting to get saved all over again.

Anyone care to place a wager on how many posts before we start arguing about liberal, heretic Billy Graham vs compassionate evangelist Billy Graham?

I was thinking about his show how the IFBX church I grew up in was anti Billy. Heck even BJU when I attended for one year in 1971 was anti Billy. I could join those who cast stones at Billy Graham until I stop and look what I have done for Christ. I simply drop the stone and walk away. Billy has done more leading people to Christ then I could do in a thousand life times.

Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Binaca Chugger said:
Anyone care to place a wager on how many posts before we start arguing about liberal, heretic Billy Graham vs compassionate evangelist Billy Graham?

Very true. I have the same background. Everyone was critical of Billy Graham. He could do no good. Two nights ago, my daughter watched the latest "My Hope America." I asked her in the car on the way home. "Was it good?" Without hesitation, she said, "Dad! It was Billy Graham! Of course, it was good!"

I am so glad my children have not experienced the hyper-critical, ugly side of fundamentalism!!!

FSSL said:
Binaca Chugger said:

Very true. I have the same background. Everyone was critical of Billy Graham. He could do no good. Two nights ago, my daughter watched the latest "My Hope America." I asked her in the car on the way home. "Was it good?" Without hesitation, she said, "Dad! It was Billy Graham! Of course, it was good!"

I am so glad my children have not experienced the hyper-critical, ugly side of fundamentalism!!!

That debate seems to be a part of every thread on this forum, eventually.  I was just wondering how many posts before it starts!

I'm not a betting man.  But I'll place a wager!  ;)

We are on post #9. I bet it starts before #20. If it does not, I will mail you a Snicker's Bar.

I don't think I ever heard anyone say anything bad about Billy Graham, that is until I came to FFF. It was a little shocking.

The only people I have ever heard say anything bad about Billy Graham are the IFBx'er crowd.  Really, not a bad group to hate you, says a lot about the one being hated on. X'ers are always jealous of the "big name" guys and try to bring them down and lie about them.  BG is probably the one single most influential Christian testimony in our lifetime. He is a very humble, unassuming man as well.  As someone has already said, we need another Billy Graham, but not sure there is another one on the horizon. 

Don't forget though, the only reason God blessed Billy Graham as much as He did is because Billy often quoted from the King James Bible.  That is, according to Peter Ruckman.

bruinboy said:
The only people I have ever heard say anything bad about Billy Graham are the IFBx'er crowd. 

No offense, but if you're serious, it shows your lack of understanding of the broad spectrum of criticism of Graham by conservative Christians regarding his ecumenical error(s) and pragmatic pitfalls.

ALAYMAN said:
bruinboy said:
The only people I have ever heard say anything bad about Billy Graham are the IFBx'er crowd. 

No offense, but if you're serious, it shows your lack of understanding of the broad spectrum of criticism of Graham by conservative Christians regarding his ecumenical error(s) and pragmatic pitfalls.

I'm aware of those criticisms, but generally agree with Graham's position on them. That is, when it comes to being ecumenical and pragmatic, I am generally in favor.

ALAYMAN said:
bruinboy said:

Well at least he's not an ette!  ;D

I generally support BG but do question what he believes about Hell.  he's said enough to probabily at least consider him a analationist.

His messages on the Cross have always been spectacular.  The video is very moving no the testimonies and song are the best. I don't particularly like Christian rap but I enjoyed it in the video.

I am and grew up ifb but we always watched his revivals with tears...and compassion .his books I have 2 on the series on Angels one of my school parents gave me when we lost our baby years ago. I just reread them when I was at my moms...they helped my heart...

admin said:
No snickers bar for Bianaca Chugger.

Doh!

I'm just not myself when I am hungry.  I start acting all like "I AM AM ANGEL."

:)

admin said:
No snickers bar for Bianaca Chugger.

Do you and Binaca still beat your wives?

;)