Students that didn't belong at HAC

patriotic said:
There was this girl from Ypsilanti, Michigan whose father is a millionaire.  She shouldn't have been there.
She would have been much better going elsewhere.

I know another millionaire's child -- a son -- from the northeast that decided just that his  first semester!  He arrived at this conclusion despite the fact the  HAC  chapel was named after his father. I am happy to report that he went on to attend and graduate from Pennsacola.  He is doing extremely well.    A good education is something that can never be taken away. 

Straight Shooter said:
I know another millionaire's child -- a son -- from the northeast that decided just that his  first semester!  He arrived at this conclusion despite the fact the  HAC  chapel was named after his father. I am happy to report that he went on to attend and graduate from Pennsacola.  He is doing extremely well.    A good education is something that can never be taken away.

His father's name was Chapel?

Straight Shooter said:

Is that school that provides good education in Pennsylvania?  ;)

BALAAM said:
Straight Shooter said:

His father's name was Chapel?

:)

patriotic said:
There was this girl from Ypsilanti, Michigan whose father is a millionaire.  She shouldn't have been there.

Nor who she ended up marrying

deertracks said:
patriotic said:

Good point on that one!

I think it goes without saying that many of the millionaire's kids did not 'fit in' or 'belong.'

deertracks said:
patriotic said:

I was referring to the youngest of his three girls, but I'm sure another fits in this thread too.

Teri in NC said:
I think it goes without saying that many of the millionaire's kids did not 'fit in' or 'belong.'

I agree.

My Father is rich in houses and lands,
He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
His coffers are full, He has riches untold.

I'm a a child of the King,
A child of the King:
With Jesus my Savior,
I'm a child of the King.

I once was an out-cast stranger on earth,
A sinner by choice, and an alien by birth;
But I've been adopted, my name's written down,
An heir of salvation, the kingdom and crown.

Who didn't belong?

This guy!
10410536_10208854703390581_6203822676260690890_n.jpg

The youngest of the three daughters from Ypsilanti did not want to attend HAC.  She is now a successful attorney helping insurance companies battle insurance fraud.  God obviously had a different plan for her.  She would not have been admitted to law school without an accredited degree - which as we all know could not be obtained from HAC. Interestingly, she is the only one of the three daughters from Ypsilanti that Dr.  Hyles offered a teaching job to - provided she graduated from HAC. 

Straight Shooter said:
The youngest of the three daughters from Ypsilanti did not want to attend HAC.  She is now a successful attorney helping insurance companies battle insurance fraud.  God obviously had a different plan for her.  She would not have been admitted to law school without an accredited degree - which as we all know could not be obtained from HAC. Interestingly, she is the only one of the three daughters from Ypsilanti that Dr.  Hyles offered a teaching job to - provided she graduated from HAC.

I am happy that she,went on to do what was right for her.

There once was a girl from Ypsilanti....

Straight Shooter said:

Great report.

Churches (and offering plates) need lay people.

Teri in NC said:
Straight Shooter said:
Great report.
Churches (and offering plates) need lay people.
I understand the other 2 are doing well also.

Its been 20 years or more since we have spoken, but I understand things worked out ok for each of them.

Not sure how many millions any of the girls have seen. I suspect very little.

patriotic said:
deertracks said:
patriotic said:

I was referring to the youngest of his three girls, but I'm sure another fits in this thread too.

This is such a sad story.

What ever happened to him?