"Summer behavior" of Christian college students

RAIDER

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
The church I attend has students attending several Bible colleges.  As the students come home for summer break I have watched from a distance.  Most of the students from IFB colleges are involved with different ministries of the church.  They are faithful to the services.  On the outside, their dress and dating standards are consistent with what they were before they left for college.

This is not necessarily a pick on PCC thread, but the difference in these students is very noticeable.  We have several PCC students.  They are uninvolved in the ministries of the church.  Their church attendance is hit-and-miss.  One of the guys has let his hair grow for the summer.  A couple of the gals wear dresses above the knee (as well as low cut) to church services.  I see pictures of them on FB in dating situations.  Very little standards.

This is not a thread to debate dress, dating, or hair standards.  This is a thread to see if you notice a difference in the behavior of students attending different Christian colleges.  Do you notice a difference in their heart for the ministry?  Do you notice a difference in their care for others?   

IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
IFB X-Files said:
Must be a larger church to have such diversity.

250 - 300

You stinkin' deadbeat!  Build those numbers!

You don't understand.  Those numbers were the ones baptized last week.

It should be the number of hours RAIDER spent knocking doors, so dedicated to his bus kids that he forgot to eat!

Binaca Chugger said:
IFB X-Files said:
Binaca Chugger said:
RAIDER said:
IFB X-Files said:
Must be a larger church to have such diversity.

250 - 300

You stinkin' deadbeat!  Build those numbers!

You don't understand.  Those numbers were the ones baptized last week.

It should be the number of hours RAIDER spent knocking doors, so dedicated to his bus kids that he forgot to eat!

I have an open yogurt on my kitchen counter dated October 12, 2010.

IFB X-Files said:
RAIDER said:
I have an open yogurt on my kitchen counter dated October 12, 2010.

You failed House Cleaning 101 didn't you?

Apparently, and surprisingly, his major was not "Marriage and Motherhood."

RAIDER said:
The church I attend has students attending several Bible colleges.  As the students come home for summer break I have watched from a distance.  Most of the students from IFB colleges are involved with different ministries of the church.  They are faithful to the services.  On the outside, their dress and dating standards are consistent with what they were before they left for college.

This is not necessarily a pick on PCC thread, but the difference in these students is very noticeable.  We have several PCC students.  They are uninvolved in the ministries of the church.  Their church attendance is hit-and-miss.  One of the guys has let his hair grow for the summer.  A couple of the gals wear dresses above the knee (as well as low cut) to church services.  I see pictures of them on FB in dating situations.  Very little standards.

This is not a thread to debate dress, dating, or hair standards.  This is a thread to see if you notice a difference in the behavior of students attending different Christian colleges.  Do you notice a difference in their heart for the ministry?  Do you notice a difference in their care for others? 

I don't think it has anything to do with the college, per se -- it has more to do with the students.  Summertime is showing what THEIR standards truly are when they are not being forced to conform to college rules.

Walt said:
RAIDER said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the college, per se -- it has more to do with the students.  Summertime is showing what THEIR standards truly are when they are not being forced to conform to college rules.

I would agree with you more if I did not know the students before they left for PCC.  This was not the behavior a year ago.

RAIDER said:

"This is not a thread to debate dress, dating, or hair standards."

Ok....then why dress & hair mentioned?

"One of the guys has let his hair grow for the summer.  A couple of the gals wear dresses above the knee (as well as low cut) to church services.  I see pictures of them on FB in dating situations.  Very little standards."

fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

"One of the guys has let his hair grow for the summer.  A couple of the gals wear dresses above the knee (as well as low cut) to church services.  I see pictures of them on FB in dating situations.  Very little standards."

Because we are not debating these issues.  We are talking about the changing or the not changing of students after they attend Bible college.  I thought that would be easy to figure out.

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:
RAIDER said:

Because we are not debating these issues.  We are talking about the changing or the not changing of students after they attend Bible college.  I thought that would be easy to figure out.
[/quote
Oh....phooey, Raider you brought this up then didn't want anyone else to talk about what's bothering you. I am not a fan of the school you spoke of but I think that none of it is your business......

But if you are so moved by what you see, maybe it should move you to your knees for them.

fishinnut said:
Oh....phooey, Raider you brought this up then didn't want anyone else to talk about what's bothering you. I am not a fan of the school you spoke of but I think that none of it is your business......

But if you are so moved by what you see, maybe it should move you to your knees for them.

What's bothering me is their lack of faithfulness to church, lack of serving in the church, and dropping of standards.  The OP is asking if anyone else has noticed a difference in the summer behavior of Bible college students from different Bible colleges.  Do you have any input of value or do you only see what you want to see in a post?

fishinnut said:

So you are now an expert on that for which I pray.  BTW, I love those young people and financially help two of them.  Now, back to the topic of the thread.

RAIDER said:
fishinnut said:

So you are now an expert on that for which I pray.  BTW, I love those young people and financially help two of them.  Now, back to the topic of the thread.
Excellent....good for you.

When I was a HAC student we were encouraged to support our home pastor and home church.  We were taught to be an asset to the ministry of our home church during the summer.  We were encouraged to be faithful to the services and not to drop our standards.  I have seen many young people from many Bible colleges come home for the summer and follow the same policies.

The PCC students were the first Bible college students that I had noticed going another direction.  Thus, the reason for this thread.

You should probably keep in mind that PCC is not necessarily a ministry college.

You should probably keep in mind that randomly yelling out and calling the other students "HACkers" probably doesn't help either. ;D

Bravo said:
You should probably keep in mind that PCC is not necessarily a ministry college.

You should probably keep in mind that randomly yelling out and calling the other students "HACkers" probably doesn't help either. ;D

You do make a good point in your first sentence.  Again, seeing the difference from one year ago is quite an eye-opener.

As far as your second sentence goes, you know me too well!!  :)