Taking Gender Equlity to its Logical Conclusion

biscuit1953

Elect
Reaction score
Eliminate all sports segregated by gender.  Caster Semenya blew away the competition in the 800 meters and the news media is hailing that as an example of "equality."  Even though "she" has no womb or ovaries and undescended testicles "she" is allowed to compete against females who have worked for years to achieve an Olympic medal. 
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/22/hooksteads-hot-take-okay-olympics-lets-ignore-gender-entirely/

Even though Semenya has testosterone levels several times higher than the females running in the Olympics that's no problem because the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) claims that that high testosterone levels didn?t necessarily give female athletes an advantage.  Silly me.  I always thought there was a difference between men and women physically but  not according to the new "science." 

This political correctness reminds me of recovering Independent Baptists who got hurt years ago by a pastor who went too far on "standards" and have been scarred for life.  Because what they saw as extreme legalism (and I don't disagree with much of it) they have gone to the other extreme and justify ridiculing common sense when it comes to God given roles of men and women' in society.  This political correctness includes pretending that only White people are racists and defending hate groups like Black Lives Matter and criticizing Christian leaders like Franklin Graham who has spoken out against the platform of the Democratic Party while at the same time implying that because 90% of Blacks vote Democrat it is White people that are racist because the majority vote Republican.  You can't make some of this stuff up.

biscuit1953 said:
This political correctness includes pretending that only White people are racists and defending hate groups like Black Lives Matter and criticizing Christian leaders like Franklin Graham who has spoken out against the platform of the Democratic Party while at the same time implying that because 90% of Blacks vote Democrat it is White people that are racist because the majority vote Republican.  You can't make some of this stuff up.

You just did. ;)

I'm not at all convinced that the sports scenario cited in the OP really is, as the Title of the thread suggests, the "logical conclusion" of gender equality.

I also think there are various truths in Scripture which, if carried to their "logical conclusions" in practice, will crash together like a 500 m.p.h. demolition derby.

NorrinRadd said:
I'm not at all convinced that the sports scenario cited in the OP really is, as the Title of the thread suggests, the "logical conclusion" of gender equality.

I also think there are various truths in Scripture which, if carried to their "logical conclusions" in practice, will crash together like a 500 m.p.h. demolition derby.

I'll make a note of that. Thanks.