Tapatalk down?

qwerty

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Unable to use the Tapatalk API to connect to the forum.

qwerty said:
Unable to use the Tapatalk API to connect to the forum.
Working now? I upgraded the php version on my server around 6pm est

Try updating tapatalk.  There was a recent update.

I was able to get in. Looks like they have changed their API and are trying to kill off those that continue to use forumfiend.

qwerty said:
I was able to get in. Looks like they have changed their API and are trying to kill off those that continue to use forumfiend.
I haven't had to use Forum Fiend in a while, since Tapatalk works fine for me.

Use it when a bad update is being retooled.

Are you saying that FF will no longer work?

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

prophet said:
qwerty said:
I haven't had to use Forum Fiend in a while, since Tapatalk works fine for me.

Use it when a bad update is being retooled.

Are you saying that FF will no longer work?

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk
I could not log in with it at all on this site, but tapatalk worked.

FF still works on other sites though for now. I know the developer received a cease and desist and Tapatalk has changed their TOS to squash FF from using their API.

Is there an api update? Reason I ask, is that several other forums no longer work unless I sign in on the Tapatalk app (actually sign in with a tapatalk account first, not just on the forum.
If I do that, I can no longer sign into this site.  If I default the Tapatalk app, and sign in directly to the site, I can acceas this site, but not any other site.  It is like they are requiring a sign-in with a Tapatalk account now before it authenticates with their site api.
Hope that makes sense.