Tell me...

Techmedic

Elect
Reaction score
I have been reading these forums for about 3 years now, when I first met JS and googled FBCH and was reading these forums, at first I was like this is all BS, no way it can be real these people are just jaded and angry. Slowly I started seeing a bunch of the things were true, which at this point there isn't much I wouldn't believe.
The Jack I saw and knew was totally different then the one you describe. From what I was told he was completely different at SP and did a bunch of things different there (for instance telling me to call him Jack not pastor, or pastor Schaap). I have often wondered why so many people took the abuse they did, it boggles my mind, I can somewhat understand now at least better than 3 years ago. I would like to know the "Real" Jack... The Jack many of you had seen behind closed doors. The only Jack I saw was the nice I'm your brother/ best friend. So please enlighten me.

Techmedic said:
I have been reading these forums for about 3 years now, when I first met JS and googled FBCH and was reading these forums, at first I was like this is all BS, no way it can be real these people are just jaded and angry. Slowly I started seeing a bunch of the things were true, which at this point there isn't much I wouldn't believe.
The Jack I saw and knew was totally different then the one you describe. From what I was told he was completely different at SP and did a bunch of things different there (for instance telling me to call him Jack not pastor, or pastor Schaap). I have often wondered why so many people took the abuse they did, it boggles my mind, I can somewhat understand now at least better than 3 years ago. I would like to know the "Real" Jack... The Jack many of you had seen behind closed doors. The only Jack I saw was the nice I'm your brother/ best friend. So please enlighten me.
In reality there wasn't a lot to JS......

He fed me those lines for years too. Every time I hear someone address a person as "doc", I want to puke. The guy hurt a lot of people with his insincerity and then destroyed many more with his "indiscretion"> Nearly every week, I meet ex FBC members and ex staffers that are angry or out of church or both. I know of one that worked at the college / church for most of his life that was shown the door during the lay offs. He gave his life to the place and they gave him the boot. What a travesty! I feel for that guy.

Clyde Wolfe worked there over 40 years.......he was shown the door.....He could write a best seller ;)

Sherryh said:
Clyde Wolfe worked there over 40 years.......he was shown the door.....He could write a best seller ;)

groupie said:
He fed me those lines for years too. Every time I hear someone address a person as "doc", I want to puke. The guy hurt a lot of people with his insincerity and then destroyed many more with his "indiscretion"> Nearly every week, I meet ex FBC members and ex staffers that are angry or out of church or both. I know of one that worked at the college / church for most of his life that was shown the door during the lay offs. He gave his life to the place and they gave him the boot. What a travesty! I feel for that guy.

I have determined that many of the layoffs were Eddie's little hit list. The coward laid them off and didn't have the guts to even tell them himself.

BpffRlsIQAEx5uh.jpg

OMG that will give you nightmares :p

qwerty said:
Sherryh said:

groupie said:

I have determined that many of the layoffs were Eddie's little hit list. The coward laid them off and didn't have the guts to even tell them himself.
Yeah, he sent Mark Duff to do it, instead.

Anishinabe

prophet said:
qwerty said:
Sherryh said:

qwerty said:
Yeah, he sent Mark Duff to do it, instead.

Anishinabe

Well, Mark Duff's position was Personnel Manager. That meant the hiring / firing were his jurisdiction. I have always wondered how that sat with him...but it is easy to justify anything if a) it doesn't take food off of your own table and b) you are following orders and serving God via serving the church...

And yes, I thought, given the circumstances (letting staff of so very many years' service go...), it should not have been left up to the much more recently hired Personnel Manager to summarily dismiss them. - brainisengaged

We just talked to Clyde he is doing good. Mark Duff was just taking orders and doing them he had no clue D Day will come for Eddie ............

"Just taking orders" is what the SS had to do...I know there is no comparison, but there are some jobs I could never do! I know Mark Duff had to sit and watch while JS excoriated people brutally when firing them, and from what I hear Mark Duff did not copy his boss' cruel method of dealing with people when he fired them...but still, to have to "just follow orders" and derail someone's life... :(

There are times I am glad to be self-employed.

Was that actually handed out somewhere, or is it someone's photoshop?

Binaca Chugger, I wonder the same. I don't remember it...I had other magnetized pictures of the first family Schaap that were handed out to the membership, to put on our refrigerators, but they never had the little admonitions off to the side as this one does. Is this real or did someone make it up?

Sherryh said:

Never mind.

Binaca Chugger said:
Honey Badger said:

It was apparently handed out 5-6 years ago in chapel after a sermon on loyalty.

brainisengaged said:

Binaca Chugger, I wonder the same. I don't remember it...I had other magnetized pictures of the first family Schaap that were handed out to the membership, to put on our refrigerators, but they never had the little admonitions off to the side as this one does. Is this real or did someone make it up?

I first saw this yesterday when a former student from the FB schools posted it on fb. He said he was cleaning out an old school Bible and found it. They handed them out to the kids in a chapel service, according to him.

smelling I understand

johntamminga said:
brainisengaged said:

I first saw this yesterday when a former student from the FB schools posted it on fb. He said he was cleaning out an old school Bible and found it. They handed them out to the kids in a chapel service, according to him.
Looks like a tell-tell indicator of a cult leader.

Honey Badger said:

But just keep in mind:    We Do Not Worship A Man!! (can't tell you how many times I have heard this)