Telling the truth.

Smellin Coffee said:
rsc2a said:
Here's a little tip...

You'll do more to prevent abortions by helping a poor single mother-to-be than by writing 10,000 letters to Congress.

Some of us want to have an impact I  real people and aren't concerned with being part of the ruling class. ;)

Reminded me of this cartoon...

CKh09xKWIAAjZWF.jpg

Reminded me that we put our money and time where our mouth is while liberals post tips and cartoons about liberal tripe!
But that's probably just me.... ;)

Smellin Coffee said:
Reminded me of this cartoon...

CKh09xKWIAAjZWF.jpg

Makes me thinkthe wolrdneeds a new word.

Hyperbo-lie

Tarheel Baptist said:
Reminded me that we put our money and time where our mouth is while liberals post tips and cartoons about liberal tripe!

The illiberal left doesn't care any more about born people than the unborn, anyway. I'm reminded of this phone call Greg Koukl once took where a poor-choicer dredged up the usual emotional blackmail about how pro-lifers shouldn't be concerned about abortion if they aren't willing to adopt all those unwanted babies. When Koukl remarked that he had adopted a number of children, it turns out she actually didn't care:

http://youtu.be/mdzisJJJ-W0

Ransom said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

The illiberal left doesn't care any more about born people than the unborn, anyway. I'm reminded of this phone call Greg Koukl once took where a poor-choicer dredged up the usual emotional blackmail about how pro-lifers shouldn't be concerned about abortion if they aren't willing to adopt all those unwanted babies. When Koukl remarked that he had adopted a number of children, it turns out she actually didn't care:

Because that wasn't the point of her question, which you already know.  She didn't want any answer.  She wanted to justify abortion. 

She said something about a child with lice, presumably because she was in a poort family.  Okay, that's bad.  Now, when that child grows up, ask him/her if she'd rather have been aborted. 

subllibrm said:
The "good news" of the gospel doesn't make much sense without the "bad news"  of damnation. Not that it need be hell-fire and pulpit pounding but the bad news must be preached as well.

I agree. For every positive there's a negative. It would be my "guess" that more folk have gotten saved by sermons on hell then by sermons on heaven. But that's just me.

[quote author=Bob H]I agree. For every positive there's a negative. It would be my "guess" that more folk have gotten saved by sermons on hell then by sermons on heaven. But that's just me.[/quote]

"It is the kindness of God that leads to repentance." - the Apostle Paul

"Heaven is not a place for those who fear hell. It is for those who love God." - John Piper

rsc2a said:
[quote author=Bob H]I agree. For every positive there's a negative. It would be my "guess" that more folk have gotten saved by sermons on hell then by sermons on heaven. But that's just me.

"Heaven is not a place for those who fear hell. It is for those who love God." - John Piper
[/quote]

Was that another 'tip'?
If only Jesus had been as enlightened as you think you are....He talked about hell over 40 times...according to the Gospel writers.  ;)

Tarheel Baptist said:
rsc2a said:
[quote author=Bob H]I agree. For every positive there's a negative. It would be my "guess" that more folk have gotten saved by sermons on hell then by sermons on heaven. But that's just me.

Was that another 'tip'?
If only Jesus had been as enlightened as you think you are....He talked about hell over 40 times...according to the Gospel writers.  ;)[/quote]

Mostly when he was talking to the Pharisees. :D

rsc2a said:
Bob H]I agree. For every positive there's a negative. It would be my "guess" that more folk have gotten saved by sermons on hell then by sermons on heaven. But that's just me.[/quote] "It is the kindness of God that leads to repentance." - the Apostle Paul [/quote] And? Apparently it's not your "guess". BTW said:

Piper believes in double predestination. You might wanna use somebody else.

rsc2a said:

[/quote]
The long-suffering, merciful goodness of God leads us to repentance.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of widom, knowledge, and understanding.

Yup, balance.

Haklo

Tarheel Baptist said:

This is actually a fascinating conversation and I'm grateful to have stumbled across it. I agree with mostly all of it. Our church planting team has had several focus groups centering around this subject and here are some things we are discovering:

There has been a knee-jerk reaction to hell-fire & damnation preaching that has caused the "contemporary" church to allow the pendulum to swing to far in the other direction. There is little to no talk about anything that would appear heavy or cause the listener to feel conviction. Not only that, the church, both contemporary & orthodoxy, have convoluted the theology of discipline and judgment and do one of two things: either talk about it wrongly or don't talk about it all. And as a result, both sides are getting it wrong.

Attractional and missional are buzz terms that will be redefined and renamed a decade from now... But the narrative will likely be the same. There has to be a balance between reaching and teaching (attraction & mission). We can't allow our desire to reach the lost distract us from speaking truth in love. The church needs to talk about discipline and judgment. We need to teach that discipline isn't punitive rather it is a redemptive action from a loving Father to draw us closer to Him. After all... This is the fundamental message of the Gospel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patebald said:
The church needs to talk about discipline and judgment. We need to teach that discipline isn't punitive rather it is a redemptive action from a loving Father to draw us closer to Him. After all... This is the fundamental message of the Gospel.

We need to get those in the church to actually believe this. :)

Patebald said:
Tarheel Baptist said:

This is actually a fascinating conversation and I'm grateful to have stumbled across it. I agree with mostly all of it. Our church planting team has had several focus groups centering around this subject and here are some things we are discovering:

There has been a knee-jerk reaction to hell-fire & damnation preaching that has caused the "contemporary" church to allow the pendulum to swing to far in the other direction. There is little to no talk about anything that would appear heavy or cause the listener to feel conviction. Not only that, the church, both contemporary & orthodoxy, have convoluted the theology of discipline and judgment and do one of two things: either talk about it wrongly or don't talk about it all. And as a result, both sides are getting it wrong.

Attractional and missional are buzz terms that will be redefined and renamed a decade from now... But the narrative will likely be the same. There has to be a balance between reaching and teaching (attraction & mission). We can't allow our desire to reach the lost distract us from speaking truth in love. The church needs to talk about discipline and judgment. We need to teach that discipline isn't punitive rather it is a redemptive action from a loving Father to draw us closer to Him. After all... This is the fundamental message of the Gospel.

Truth!

prophet said:
rsc2a said:

Yup, balance.

Haklo
[/quote]

Talk to your Pastor about this.... :D

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
rsc2a said:

Yup, balance.

Haklo

[/quote]
???  Not following.

Haklo

prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
rsc2a said:

Yup, balance.

Haklo

???  Not following.

Haklo
[/quote]

Never mind, bad attempt at a joke!  :)

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
rsc2a said:

Yup, balance.

Haklo

???  Not following.

Haklo

[/quote]
Take your time, and give me the punch line.

Haklo

prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
rsc2a said:

Yup, balance.

Haklo

???  Not following.

Haklo

Haklo
[/quote]

Ask your Pastor.

rsc2a said:
Patebald said:
The church needs to talk about discipline and judgment. We need to teach that discipline isn't punitive rather it is a redemptive action from a loving Father to draw us closer to Him. After all... This is the fundamental message of the Gospel.

We need to get those in the church to actually believe this. :)

Yes. It starts with leaders modeling it. Two weeks ago we had to perform public church discipline with an active member. It wasn't fun or pleasant but it was scriptural. Until the person repents and makes amends there will be no place for their membership or their restoration. If they end up at another church that church will receive a letter from our board stating the discipline procedures. What they do with it from there is between them and God

Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
prophet said:
rsc2a said:

Yup, balance.

Haklo

???  Not following.

Haklo

Haklo

Ask your Pastor.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't get it.

Haklo