Tennesse Temple Forum

Just Ben

Elect
Reaction score
Is the Temple forum gone forever? What can we do to get it started again?

Probably not, the other forum was robust with postings during the metamorphosis taking place during the Lovett administration.  I stop by every once in a blue moon to see if anything is going on, so I think this place is predominantly dead.

What has been done is done, and now the school stands as it will be until Jesus comes back to meet us in the clouds maybe.

Be well,

GenX

Thanks GenX. I live just north of Atlanta and I have not been by Temple in about 2 years. I noticed several streets blocked off around the campus. and the neighborhood was really run down. I enjoyed your postings on the old forum and your friendly discussions with the army member. We hope to hear from you again on this forum.

The school did put up a brand new fence to curb perpetrators, and there is 24 hour armed security.

About a week ago, I noticed work being done on the Philips dorm building. It seems like somebody is getting it ready to be inhabited again.

TTU is alive and well under the leadership of Dr. Steve Echols. Enrollment is up, improvements to the campus are being made and the school has been in the black for the last three years. I just graduated with a Ph.D. in organizational leadership. Graduation was held at Brainard Baptist Church and it was packed out! The school has hired more faculty with doctorates from other regionally accredited institutions. I believe the school will qualify for SACS accreditation in the next few years.

That is good news about Temple. I met Dr. Echols at the church he pastored just before he moved to Chattanooga and took over the leadership of Tennessee Temple. I was very impressed with him, and those in his church were sad to see him leave. May our prayers be with him and the faculty.

Dr. Echols is highly respected as a pastor and academic. TTU has added many great faculty and several major donors have given 100's of thousands of dollars. The school is operating in the black, campus enrollment is up and so are the online programs.