Testimony time

prophet

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
Recently my family faced a hard time. 
A strange insurance snafu forced us to seek housing, in mid winter, in the way up north.
We moved out of the parsonage, with no where to go.
We went on a 3 week road trip, including a contract job which i had to do.
We stayed in a mission house for 4 days, hotels the rest of the time.
We stayed in a cabin in the woods, no elec. or running water.
We said good bye to our unborn son (#2, we have 7 daughters, but 1 son, so it was extra hard on Momma.)

We spent from Nov.15 to Jan 13 homeless. 
We spent every dime.
I don't know how my wife survived, she was definitely down.

BUT

The story isn't over.
A contract offer came.
It came with housing.
The food has knocked on our door.
People who we have been working with, spiritually, have called daily, saying God told us you are in need.
We have eaten food we wouldn't have bought, had we the money...good food.
Our House is perfect, with a 25 seat auditorium/family room.
People we are working with are growing.

Can I just testify that God is not slack, His arm is not shortened, He keeps His Word, and He won't let Satan utterly waste you, but simply sift you at times.

We survived 20 below with an outhouse, and had fun doing it.

And nobody knows that we were having a hard time!

Praise God!

I am humbled at how spoiled we are by Him.

May each of you, my fellow forum friends, enjoy His blessings, and feel as spoiled as we do.

Anishinaabe

Thank you Prophet:

I think we all needed that.

We can be so negative most of the time, but when we focus on God & how good he is we can't help but praise him.

When I consider all God has done for me I can't help but be reminded of Paul"s words,

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

prophet said:
Recently my family faced a hard time. 
A strange insurance snafu forced us to seek housing, in mid winter, in the way up north.
We moved out of the parsonage, with no where to go.
We went on a 3 week road trip, including a contract job which i had to do.
We stayed in a mission house for 4 days, hotels the rest of the time.
We stayed in a cabin in the woods, no elec. or running water.
We said good bye to our unborn son (#2, we have 7 daughters, but 1 son, so it was extra hard on Momma.)

We spent from Nov.15 to Jan 13 homeless. 
We spent every dime.
I don't know how my wife survived, she was definitely down.

BUT

The story isn't over.
A contract offer came.
It came with housing.
The food has knocked on our door.
People who we have been working with, spiritually, have called daily, saying God told us you are in need.
We have eaten food we wouldn't have bought, had we the money...good food.
Our House is perfect, with a 25 seat auditorium/family room.
People we are working with are growing.

Can I just testify that God is not slack, His arm is not shortened, He keeps His Word, and He won't let Satan utterly waste you, but simply sift you at times.

We survived 20 below with an outhouse, and had fun doing it.

And nobody knows that we were having a hard time!

Praise God!

I am humbled at how spoiled we are by Him.

May each of you, my fellow forum friends, enjoy His blessings, and feel as spoiled as we do.

Anishinaabe
I am humbled to have read this......report of faith & trust in a "Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think." Glory to God.

Thanks for sharing & blessings to your family.

I am too tired to be any more profound than, "WOW!" Thanks for sharing.

It seemed like everything was a downer lately, here, so I had to share my gift. 
God isn't out to "get" any of His children.
The Wicked only rule in a temporary kingdom.
Faith still moves mountains.
Jesus Saves.
Tomorrow has hope.

Psa 42:5
5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me?
hope thou in God:for I shall yet praise him
for the help of his countenance.

Anishinaabe

Prophet praise the Lord for your blessings! I can feel your pain, I serve in a small mountain town of 400 and we get our water from the river and still use an outhouse. But by choice! Where are you pastoring now brother?

prophet send me your address ....please and thank you for your testimony

I will remember your testimony and pray for you.

North said:
Prophet praise the Lord for your blessings! I can feel your pain, I serve in a small mountain town of 400 and we get our water from the river and still use an outhouse. But by choice! Where are you pastoring now brother?
North,  we are in the UP of Michigan,  among the Chippewas.

Anishinaabe

Thank you,  again,  for all of your prayers,  everyone.
God is good.  Remember those that have a hard time,  while you are in the green meadow.

Anishinaabe

Thank you.  Times are tough in many places.  Good jobs are scarce.  Many regular posters are in need with work situations, myself included.  Without a few gifts from my church, we would be without, also.  We all need the reminder that God is good, even when our circumstances are not what we would personally like.  Still praying for you folks with the loss of boy #2.

Thank you for this post. I am amazed at how it is possible to form strong feelings for virtually anonymous strangers, but yet, I do. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family on the loss of your unborn child.