The Antichrist

Dr. Huk-N-Duck

Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
I certainly could believe Charisma is written by an artificial intelligence. I never detect any real intelligence.

I certainly could believe Charisma is written by an artificial intelligence. I never detect any real intelligence.
Can’t speak for the magazine since I know nothing about it (it’s really just an article about a book pushing this possibility) but the topic itself is the point.

Can’t speak for the magazine since I know nothing about it (it’s really just an article about a book pushing this possibility) but the topic itself is the point.
Not much of an "article," really. It's self-promotion by the author of the book, who apparently hasn't read anything the Bible says about the Antichrist if he thinks it might be an AI program.

I think it's just as likely the Antichrist is the incarnation of the "sneaky squid spirit."

Not much of an "article," really. It's self-promotion by the author of the book, who apparently hasn't read anything the Bible says about the Antichrist if he thinks it might be an AI program.

I think it's just as likely the Antichrist is the incarnation of the "sneaky squid spirit."
Fair enough. As I said, I had never heard this theory until the other day, but I found it much more intriguing than the theory pushed forward every new presidential election season about the new president is most likely the Antichrist. People sometimes refer to Daniel ch 11, which indicates the probability of the Antichrist being a homosexual. The possibility of people misinterpreting him as not having a desire for women led me to thinking about the AI theory, as it’s a machine obviously.

Many believe "the Beast" to be the super computer in Belgium by that name. I don't know, but, it could be feasible.

Many believe "the Beast" to be the super computer in Belgium by that name. I don't know, but, it could be feasible.
Nah. That urban legend has been around since the 1960s or early 1970s. Think you could run the world from your smartphone? You carry more computing power around in your pocket than existed in the entire world back then.

Nah. That urban legend has been around since the 1960s or early 1970s. Think you could run the world from your smartphone? You carry more computing power around in your pocket than existed in the entire world back then.

I didn't say it was something that I personally believed. Just a theory. And it's perfectly feasible. With the advancement in computer sciences and technology over the past 50-60 years, there's more than enough evidence for those who hold to this ideology to back their assertions. My wife used to work for Dell, and was involved in computer sciences for years, and I've seen things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.

I didn't say it was something that I personally believed. Just a theory. And it's perfectly feasible. With the advancement in computer sciences and technology over the past 50-60 years, there's more than enough evidence for those who hold to this ideology to back their assertions. My wife used to work for Dell, and was involved in computer sciences for years, and I've seen things I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
They’re thinking in terms of some sort of Apple desktop or server. I’m referring to a type of cyborg. Yes, this idea has been floating around since the 70s or so, but technology has vastly changed, as are human attitudes toward computers.

They’re thinking in terms of some sort of Apple desktop or server. I’m referring to a type of cyborg. Yes, this idea has been floating around since the 70s or so, but technology has vastly changed, as are human attitudes toward computers.
Some of these computers have an AI capability I would never have thought possible when I was back in high school in the 70s! Even looking at Star Trek: TNG...some of this stuff might now be so "out of reach" for our kids or grandkids.

Some of these computers have an AI capability I would never have thought possible when I was back in high school in the 70s! Even looking at Star Trek: TNG...some of this stuff might now be so "out of reach" for our kids or grandkids.
I believe the government(s) has been using Hollywood to preview upcoming technologies for several decades. That’s not even really a theory, that’s pretty factual other than them admitting to it. In that respect, there’s a lot coming in the next couple of decades that’s pretty scary stuff.

Alright...who unplugged the antichrist again? Now, I have to reboot and find my password.

It does make sense that the antichrist would be a computer - most likely an Apple computer - since the 1st sin involved a fruit.

The "Beast in Brussels" computer hoax has been exposed for a long time. (Not intended as an endorsement of the "Truth or Fiction" web site, with which I am not familiar).

"The Beast," a supercomputer in Belgium with every person on earth in it-Fiction! - Truth or Fiction?

"Unlike most urban legends, we have a clear trail that leads to where the story came from. There are various printed versions of the story that date back to 1973, but the most widely circulated early account appeared in Christian Life magazine in August 1976. Three months after publishing the story, Christian Life received a letter from Christian author Joe Musser. In it, he explained that the Beast Computer of Belgium did not exist in reality, but in fantasy. Musser said that he created the scenario for a novel he wrote, titled Beyond a Pale Horse, and for a screenplay for the David Wilkerson film, The Rapture."

The "Beast in Brussels" computer hoax has been exposed for a long time. (Not intended as an endorsement of the "Truth or Fiction" web site, with which I am not familiar).

"The Beast," a supercomputer in Belgium with every person on earth in it-Fiction! - Truth or Fiction?

"Unlike most urban legends, we have a clear trail that leads to where the story came from. There are various printed versions of the story that date back to 1973, but the most widely circulated early account appeared in Christian Life magazine in August 1976. Three months after publishing the story, Christian Life received a letter from Christian author Joe Musser. In it, he explained that the Beast Computer of Belgium did not exist in reality, but in fantasy. Musser said that he created the scenario for a novel he wrote, titled Beyond a Pale Horse, and for a screenplay for the David Wilkerson film, The Rapture."
Having had a "future niece-in-law" who now isn't with my nephew anymore, who worked for the NSA, and a cousin who worked for the CIA, the "Belgium beast" was probably a hoax...but there are MANY computers out there that have the power to keep all the info needed...this is including using the "cloud" technology, and other technologies available. Many people don't want to or LIKE to acknowledge that, but it's feasible. I'm not saying I believe it's right, but, I do acknowledge that it's possible.

but if the antichrist were to be a computer.... . then i say humans alive on earth today have nothing to worry about..... because
if you compare simply the number of known circuits and cells with memory/computing capacity in the human brain... with that
of even the biggest and most sophisticated super computer... we are many years... and probably many lifetimes... away from
any computer becoming "self aware" .... or from a literal "rise of the machines"....

and besides.... even if a computer did manage to do all that... .. how long would it take some talented cyber geek to hack into it
and totally mess up the works?.... ..

riseofthemachines4.gif

Last edited: