The FFF, Fundamentalism and Reality.

Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Dr. Bob said:
If you don?t have faith in any Bible you cannot possibly be saved. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

You are equating God's exact, chosen, inspired, Spirit-breathed Words with ANY man-made English (or other language translation's words?  I don't care if it AV1611 or ESV or in between; that is dangerous ground. 

To claim perfection, inerrancy, infallibility or inspiration for a product of imperfect, error-prone, fallible and non-inspired people is fool-hearty.  This is why, until the nonsense of the "only cult" surfaced in Adventism and then drifted to some Baptists, the doctrine of inspiration was always crystal clear - "We believe that the Bible, consisting of a total of sixty-six books in the Old and New Testaments, is without error in the original manuscripts."

Sorry, Bobbi, but ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God.

Brilliant argument...
Don-boy Boys would be so proud!

I don't get it. Didn't the apostle Paul have a Greek "translation" of the Hebrew Scriptures? Are Hebrew and Greek special? When we talk about the words we don't mean the form of the words but the meaning or significance. If the gospel in English isn't the same in effect as the gospel in Greek (the originals) then it can't the power of God unto salvation.

Paul was a scholar. a student of one of the great rabbis, and could read Greek and Latin, in addition to Hebrew. And of course, he had access to both Greek and Hebrew OTs.

Anyway, it's the Gospel message that saves, not any particular words.

16KJV11 said:
Too bad no one has those original manuscripts.

Don't need 'em. Got plenty of pretty good copies. If God thought we needed a single infallible book, he wouldn't have waited until the 1970s for a few psycho-fundies to think up KJV-onlyism while high.

brianb said:
Tarheel Baptist said:
Twisted said:
Dr. Bob said:
If you don?t have faith in any Bible you cannot possibly be saved. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.

You are equating God's exact, chosen, inspired, Spirit-breathed Words with ANY man-made English (or other language translation's words?  I don't care if it AV1611 or ESV or in between; that is dangerous ground. 

To claim perfection, inerrancy, infallibility or inspiration for a product of imperfect, error-prone, fallible and non-inspired people is fool-hearty.  This is why, until the nonsense of the "only cult" surfaced in Adventism and then drifted to some Baptists, the doctrine of inspiration was always crystal clear - "We believe that the Bible, consisting of a total of sixty-six books in the Old and New Testaments, is without error in the original manuscripts."

Sorry, Bobbi, but ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God.

Brilliant argument...
Don-boy Boys would be so proud!

I don't get it. Didn't the apostle Paul have a Greek "translation" of the Hebrew Scriptures? Are Hebrew and Greek special? When we talk about the words we don't mean the form of the words but the meaning or significance. If the gospel in English isn't the same in effect as the gospel in Greek (the originals) then it can't the power of God unto salvation.

Your question was directed at Dr Bob about the autographs I assume.

As for me... :)
I believe we have an infallible Bible today.
It is the Word of God.
It is NOT exclusively found in the so called 1611 KJV.
?No one? today reads from the 1611 version, which also included the Apocrypha.
The 1769 revision is the most read version, and it includes thousands of differences compared to the original. The 1611 also had multiple footnotes which offered different readings for different verses.

Are you a KJVO?

Hi Dr Bob! Welcome back my friend........ I figured since I retired I could spend more time here. Who knew?

:)