The fruits of communist doctrine taught in our schools

Smellin Coffee said:
He wasn't fired. He resigned. I also believe that deep down, he has a heart for the students and I don't believe he was racist. Wolfe resigned admirably in my opinion.

Fired, resigned, semantics in the context of our conversation.  He was forced to resign, by a mob out of control for blood.

SC said:
His quote:

Racism does exist at our university and it is unacceptable. It is a long-standing, systemic problem which daily affects our family of students, faculty and staff. I am sorry this is the case. I truly want all members of our university community to feel included, valued and safe.

And on the basis of this description (given the events that precipitated it) a number of other presidents will be required to step down soon.  Matter of fact, it's already happening in New York. The people involved in these racist crimes are still unknown.  What was he supposed to do until they got caught?  He had already condemned the acts.  He had offered to give diversity training.  These cretins were on a witch-hunt, using a bully pulpit and they got their main request, but their agenda goes far beyond cleansing the campus of the N-word.  They want to control free speech, to sanitize the campus and make it after their own image.

SC said:
"Systematic oppression is because you don?t believe that you have the equal opportunity for success."

He then turned and walked away without civil dialogue. That caused those to wonder why he was blaming blacks for their own systematic oppression. He had been approached several times about racist activities and threats on the campus and he did not pursue it.

Did you see how they stood in front of his car and shouted him down?  Did you see the verbal beatdown he endured at the hands of an African American woman that essentially told him to "shut up, we don't want your apology or discussion, we want your resignation"?

The timeline for this debacle shows that they weren't interested in dialogue.  They wanted their demands met, on their terms, and in their time.  For goodness sakes, thr claim of systemic racism is turned on its head by the fact that the man who was called the N-word was a student president (elected by the 78% white student body).

SC said:
Here is the list of demands:

CTT-KFuVAAAynfj.jpg

I am not for everything on the list by any means but there was an agenda which he refused to address. Since this has been building on the campus since the 70s, it is a wonder it hadn't come to a head sooner. Wolfe for whatever reason, would not address these things long before Butler's hunger strike. I believe he realized his mistake and is sincere in his apology.

As is often the case, it comes down to the money, and clout.  They want it, and due to white-guilt, they're getting it.

SC said:
So to answer your question, not all acts of protest in this case are justifiable in their actions or in some cases, even in their intent.

I truly appreciate that admission.  I just wish the people of Missouri (and America) would.

Bruh said:
If I've said it once on here I've said it 100 times.

My dad looked like he just crossed the border.  Grew up in the hood I'm talking the ghetto.  His mom was married 10 times before he was 18 not including all the one night stands she brought home.

He was a Fitter, Welder and moved up in his company back in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

When started working in the oil field I would come home and complain about work. 

His answer was always "keep ur mouth shut and work, they won't fire you if ur doing ur job"  and he would say a few other things that I have posted on here before. 

My point in all of this is, if ur valuable you will move up, why? because you can make them money. 

Plain and simple as that. 

I have 2 other brothers that look like they just crossed the border as well, and are in there 30's, they are in upper management and they have never as far as I know complained because someone was discriminating against them because of their race.

Is racism out there? absolutely but not on the scale that the media and Smellin coffee loves to say it is.   

This fiasco is not just about racism, but about student activism run amock, and suppression of freedom of speech via politically correct coercion.  The same effective techniques used to define "hate speech" will be used against the religious crowd to stop Biblical claims against sexual sins.

Smellin Coffee said:
pbuckhunt said:
Every argument you make cheapens the accomplishments of Blacks that have great  accomplishments. Men such as Clarence Thomas, Ben Carson, Herman Cain. And, if you will notice, they all are conservatives!

Obviously the idea of 'great accomplishments' is relative. Last I heard, the ONLY black President in US history happens to be a liberal. I guess it isn't an 'accomplishment' to become the leader of the free world.

And the argument that Blacks are still being held down cheapens Obama's accomplishments just like the men I mentioned. I find it interesting that race relations have worsened under Obama's watch instead of improved.

Here's a very relevant horror video on the topic.

[youtube]iKcWu0tsiZM[/youtube]

ALAYMAN said:
Smellin Coffee said:
He wasn't fired. He resigned. I also believe that deep down, he has a heart for the students and I don't believe he was racist. Wolfe resigned admirably in my opinion.

Fired, resigned, semantics in the context of our conversation.  He was forced to resign, by a mob out of control for blood.

Of course, he could have just said no.

Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Obviously the idea of 'great accomplishments' is relative. Last I heard, the ONLY black President in US history happens to be a liberal.

Who, like Bill Clinton before him, pretended to be a conservative on some issues - specifically, his "evolved" views on same-sex mirage, which didn't really evolve, insofar as he lied about them.

Not arguing, but that wasn't the point. The poster insinuated that only societal achievements by Blacks are those by black Conservatives. I was rebutting with the above example.

rsc2a said:
ALAYMAN said:
Smellin Coffee said:

Of course, he could have just said no.

Which, in the context of our discussion, is PRECISELY the point.  If he would have said no, eventually he would have been fired for the expediency of the University, and he knew the handwriting was on the wall.

While you have out your crystal ball, can you also give me tomorrow's lottery numbers?

rsc2a said:
While you have out your crystal ball, can you also give me tomorrow's lottery numbers?

The lottery?  No.  You, and your incessant penchant for pedantics?  Yeah, I got that one.

Obtuse much?

The point of the discussion is that a man was forced to resign by powers that be due to rabid student political activism.  I know it's hard, but try to stay focused.

He wasn't forced to do anything.

rsc2a said:
He wasn't forced to do anything.

His weak backbone certainly was.  Focus, you can do it.

So you didn't actually mean forced.

Got it.

Did you have a point? Or are you going to continue to redefine terms to fit your narrative?

Smellin Coffee said:
Ransom said:
Smellin Coffee said:
Obviously the idea of 'great accomplishments' is relative. Last I heard, the ONLY black President in US history happens to be a liberal.

Who, like Bill Clinton before him, pretended to be a conservative on some issues - specifically, his "evolved" views on same-sex mirage, which didn't really evolve, insofar as he lied about them.

Not arguing, but that wasn't the point. The poster insinuated that only societal achievements by Blacks are those by black Conservatives. I was rebutting with the above example.

So you consider riding a wave of liberal white guilt, affirmative action results, and lying your way into office to be an "achievement"? 

If you don't get it, you probably never will. 

As a last lifeline for you...watch The Tomato's video.

aleshanee said:
ALAYMAN said:

ya know.... i see a very disturbing trend developing here.......... tomaters last 6 karma points were all given by you and me....... (3 from each of us).... ???.... not sure what this means.........  ??? .......... but.... it must mean something.....  :-\

lol, too true!

Seriously, there's a whole lot I like about TRT.  We have significant theological differences, but our commonalities exceed those by far IMHO. 

aleshanee said:
ALAYMAN said:

ya know.... i see a very disturbing trend developing here.......... tomaters last 6 karma points were all given by you and me....... (3 from each of us).... ???.... not sure what this means.........  ??? .......... but.... it must mean something.....  :-\

It means... you're entering the TOMATO ZONE...

Smellin Coffee said:
The poster insinuated that only societal achievements by Blacks are those by black Conservatives. I was rebutting with the above example.

If your best counter-example of a liberal with accomplishments is a liberal who dressed up as a conservative to accomplish them, it isn't much of a counter-example.

Obama dressed up as a conservative? Only if you were truly delusional!