Elect
Reaction score
The Generation That Knew Not The Lord; The Sons of Fundamentalism

By Jason Cooley

http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=816151823910

https://youtu.be/-U1D4mbQKEw

Is he a man like Michelle Obama?

Always with the videos.

Why can't you articulate using the written word?

Ya know, written word, like the AV?

earnestly contend

Babblebeliever is the poster boy for the generation that knew nothing they didn't watch on YouTube.

prophet said:
Always with the videos.

earnestly contend

I have sir. 

But when I post and share sermons on this web forum, I choose to also include the Youtube link as well as the Sermon Audio link. I post sermons on here that I know will help you all learn more solid Doctrine, because this forum needs it.

Biblebeliever said:
prophet said:
Always with the videos.

earnestly contend

I have sir. 

But when I post and share sermons on this web forum, I choose to also include the Youtube link as well as the Sermon Audio link. I post sermons on here that I know will help you all learn more solid Doctrine, because this forum needs it.
I, for one, have never watched a single video ever linked here.
On the other hand, i Have called Steve Anderson and discussed doctrine with him.

I'll gladly debate Scriptures with anyone, you included.

Showing a video of what you think is sound doctrine, is not how God intended to share truth.
If The Spirit of God possesses you, a fellow heir of His Grace, then you are capable of sharing those things which He has revealed to you.
You are supposed to be a medium of the Almighty.

If you dont feel that you can articulate your beliefs, then you are no teacher, and cannot trust your own judgment in hearing what others articulate.

In other words, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would say it....

Sent from my LGL43AL using Tapatalk

prophet said:

Well then that is your choice.

prophet said:
On the other hand, i Have called Steve Anderson and discussed doctrine with him.

And when you discussed Doctrine with him, did you reprove him of his anti Semitism and also his heresy of not being dispensational?

prophet said:

I am willing to back up the stands I take, and my Doctrinal beliefs with the Holy Scriptures, the King James Holy Bible.

prophet said:
Showing a video of what you think is sound doctrine, is not how God intended to share truth.
If The Spirit of God possesses you, a fellow heir of His Grace, then you are capable of sharing those things which He has revealed to you.

Again, and I have done that in this forum, as I have mentioned afore.

But what exactly is wrong with sharing sermon messages from sermon audio, or from youtube (in video format)???

prophet said:
If you dont feel that you can articulate your beliefs, then you are no teacher, and cannot trust your own judgment in hearing what others articulate.

In other words, if you actually knew what you were talking about, you would say it....

I have expressed my beliefs before in this forum. Some of them are this.

I am for the Pre time of Jacob's trouble catching away of the Body of Christ. I can defend this view from Holy Scripture.

Likewise, I believe that the Church and Israel are separate groups and that the Christians (the Church) has not replaced Israel. Again, I can defend this view and belief of mine from Scripture.

Another belief of mine is that Repentance is part of the Biblical Gospel Presentation. And once again, I can defend my view and belief here from the word of God, the Blessed King James Holy Bible.

Now is there any one of the topics I mentioned above, that you would like me to articulate more on or give a defense for? Because I'll gladly provide and give an answer for any of these Doctrinal beliefs and stands which I take.

Biblebeliever said:
prophet said:

Well then that is your choice.

prophet said:

And when you discussed Doctrine with him, did you reprove him of his anti Semitism and also his heresy of not being dispensational?

prophet said:

I am willing to back up the stands I take, and my Doctrinal beliefs with the Holy Scriptures, the King James Holy Bible.

prophet said:

Again, and I have done that in this forum, as I have mentioned afore.

But what exactly is wrong with sharing sermon messages from sermon audio, or from youtube (in video format)???

prophet said:

I have expressed my beliefs before in this forum. Some of them are this.

I am for the Pre time of Jacob's trouble catching away of the Body of Christ. I can defend this view from Holy Scripture.

Likewise, I believe that the Church and Israel are separate groups and that the Christians (the Church) has not replaced Israel. Again, I can defend this view and belief of mine from Scripture.

Another belief of mine is that Repentance is part of the Biblical Gospel Presentation. And once again, I can defend my view and belief here from the word of God, the Blessed King James Holy Bible.

Now is there any one of the topics I mentioned above, that you would like me to articulate more on or give a defense for? Because I'll gladly provide and give an answer for any of these Doctrinal beliefs and stands which I take.
OK. For starters, why not make the point of the sermon that you shared.

I haven't watched it, and neither have most here.

I ,for one, am interested in discussing the results of FUNDAMENTALISM, though I have no idea what the video addresses.

It is one thing to share a video, but another to have a video make your OP.

I don't know of anyone that draws the line at Darbyism (what you call Dispensations) for heresy.  Or Eschatology.
You may not be capable of debating, if you are this ignorant of the meaning of terms which you use.

earnestly contend

prophet said:

I ,for one, am interested in discussing the results of FUNDAMENTALISM, though I have no idea what the video addresses.

I don't know of anyone that draws the line at Darbyism (what you call Dispensations) for heresy.  Or Eschatology.
You may not be capable of debating, if you are this ignorant of the meaning of terms which you use.

earnestly contend

The basis and the main point of the Video which I shared in the OP of this thread is simply this, someone being raised up by Fundamental Christian Parents,  does not guarantee that that person will come to salvation. Especially if the Fundamentalist church and family which they grew up in was that of the Jack Hyles movement. Because that kind of fundamentalism is not based upon the sole authority of Scripture but rather the teaching and commandments of men.

For instance, In the video brother Jason Cooley briefly mentions about Paul Kidd, the son of Phil Kidd, a Fundamental Baptist preacher. Although Paul Kidd grew up in a Fundamental Christian family, he ended up becoming more emergent if anything. Just check out the ministry website of Paul Kidd, and you'll see what I am talking about.

Not saying that Paul Kidd necessarily sees himself as part of the Emergent Movement, all I am saying is if you listen to Phil Kidd's preaching versus his son's preaching, you can tell it certainly is different. Listening to brother Phil, you know what you are hearing is from a Fundamental preacher. Listening to his son, you discern that it is not anything that would resemble the old time faith. But is what you would find in more of the so called "modern" churches.

As a matter of fact, there is one video titled "Can Christians have Fun?" where Paul Kidd in a way just about mocks the Old Time Faith and Religion. Paul makes it look as if he is actually going over a "list of over 600 rules" that Christians should follow. It would seem to me that the Fundamentalist movement and the hypocrisy as well as the man made rules really have turned him away from true Biblical Christianity. And it is sad to see that. There are Biblical guidelines, commandments and even rules to follow, and that is a good thing. But Paul has went to the extreme to where it would seem that he wants nothing to do with the Old Paths, and the Old Time faith.

But getting back to the main point of the video sermon, just because you have saved parents, does not negate the fact that you Personally must come to a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Probably nearly all in here are familiar with that saying that goes like this: "God does not have any grand children, He only has Children."

What I like about brother Cooley is that he is not afraid to expose the hypocrisy of the IFB movement, because there is certainly a lot of it! And although Brother Jason Cooley is hard on the Ruckmanites, (Myself being a Ruckmanite) I can still at least appreciate good preaching. If a preacher out there loves the truth of the word of God, I can still learn from him, although he may not agree with me on every single doctrinal point.

Biblebeliever said:
prophet said:

earnestly contend

The basis and the main point of the Video which I shared in the OP of this thread is simply this, someone being raised up by Fundamental Christian Parents,  does not guarantee that that person will come to salvation. Especially if the Fundamentalist church and family which they grew up in was that of the Jack Hyles movement. Because that kind of fundamentalism is not based upon the sole authority of Scripture but rather the teaching and commandments of men.

For instance, In the video brother Jason Cooley briefly mentions about Paul Kidd, the son of Phil Kidd, a Fundamental Baptist preacher. Although Paul Kidd grew up in a Fundamental Christian family, he ended up becoming more emergent if anything. Just check out the ministry website of Paul Kidd, and you'll see what I am talking about.

Not saying that Paul Kidd necessarily sees himself as part of the Emergent Movement, all I am saying is if you listen to Phil Kidd's preaching versus his son's preaching, you can tell it certainly is different. Listening to brother Phil, you know what you are hearing is from a Fundamental preacher. Listening to his son, you discern that it is not anything that would resemble the old time faith. But is what you would find in more of the so called "modern" churches.

As a matter of fact, there is one video titled "Can Christians have Fun?" where Paul Kidd in a way just about mocks the Old Time Faith and Religion. Paul makes it look as if he is actually going over a "list of over 600 rules" that Christians should follow. It would seem to me that the Fundamentalist movement and the hypocrisy as well as the man made rules really have turned him away from true Biblical Christianity. And it is sad to see that. There are Biblical guidelines, commandments and even rules to follow, and that is a good thing. But Paul has went to the extreme to where it would seem that he wants nothing to do with the Old Paths, and the Old Time faith.

But getting back to the main point of the video sermon, just because you have saved parents, does not negate the fact that you Personally must come to a saving faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Probably nearly all in here are familiar with that saying that goes like this: "God does not have any grand children, He only has Children."

What I like about brother Cooley is that he is not afraid to expose the hypocrisy of the IFB movement, because there is certainly a lot of it! And although Brother Jason Cooley is hard on the Ruckmanites, (Myself being a Ruckmanite) I can still at least appreciate good preaching. If a preacher out there loves the truth of the word of God, I can still learn from him, although he may not agree with me on every single doctrinal point.

See, that wasn't so hard, was it?

Phil/Paul Kidd is an excellent example.

Phil is a Fundamentalist Baptist
The Fundamental Baptist movement began in a hot bed of Racism and Darbyism .
Phil Kidd is openly racist (you should be familiar with IFB racism, being a Ruckmanite).
Part of this is to do with where he was educated, at blatantly racist BJU.

The hybrid of evil and Christianity, that the Racist IFB is, produces corrupt fruit.

Divorce, charismatic doctrine, "emergent church values" .... seem to be rampant in my generation (X) among IFB.

I grew up in Hyles land, but wasn't a "product" of Hylesism.
So I began to look around at the other major influencers in Indbap fundyism, and I found none to be beyond reproach.

John R. Rice was raised in the KKK, and most of the Southern Baptists he influenced were Mason led churches.

BJ Sr. (Not a Baptist, but certainly influential in educating IFB ministers), was paid handsomely by the Klan, to troubleshoot from the pulpit about "interracial issues" as an "evangelist".

Hyles Anderson was run by racists, and reeked of racism, though it was not spelled out on paper.

So, yeah, the Racist wing of the IFB has corrupt fruit....shouldn't be a surprise.

earnestly contend

Biblebeliever said:
Although Paul Kidd grew up in a Fundamental Christian family, he ended up becoming more emergent if anything. Just check out the ministry website of Paul Kidd, and you'll see what I am talking about.

If I had Phil KKKidd as a father, I'd get out of Dodge too.

prophet said:

Phil Kidd is openly racist (you should be familiar with IFB racism, being a Ruckmanite).

Do you have some evidence to affirm your statement that brother Phil Kidd is a Racist? Does he not like black people, or Hispanics?

prophet said:
The hybrid of evil and Christianity, that the Racist IFB is, produces corrupt fruit.

Divorce, charismatic doctrine, "emergent church values" .... seem to be rampant in my generation (X) among IFB.

So I began to look around at the other major influencers in Indbap fundyism, and I found none to be beyond reproach.

John R. Rice was raised in the KKK, and most of the Southern Baptists he influenced were Mason led churches.

BJ Sr. (Not a Baptist, but certainly influential in educating IFB ministers), was paid handsomely by the Klan, to troubleshoot from the pulpit about "interracial issues" as an "evangelist".

I was not aware that John R. Rice was raised in the KKK, and likewise that Bob Jones Sr. was paid by the KKK to preach on interracial issues. Now while there may be racism in quite a number of IFB church assemblies, at the same token, it could be said that a number of IFB church assemblies also have people of different kindreds worshiping together.

prophet said:
Hyles Anderson was run by racists, and reeked of racism, though it was not spelled out on paper.

So, yeah, the Racist wing of the IFB has corrupt fruit....shouldn't be a surprise.

earnestly contend

I would dare to say that the Hyles IFB movement was also one that had a lot of hypocrisy in it. Jack Hyles preached an important truth in one of his sermons, titled "Running the Race before You" about how we (Christians) cannot run the race for God if we have unconfessed sin in our life. Now again, that is a true statement. Yet he was not following or obeying that truth. In other words, he was a hypocrite. Jack Hyles lived a double life. For he was having an affair with his Deacon's wife, and he never repented of that. But rather he lied about the situation. And then when his son, David, was causing havoc and immense damage to the lives of families in church assemblies across the nation because of his wicked behaviour of seducing married women to fornicate and commit adultery with him. Absolutely sickening. And yet Jack Hyles did not rebuke his son, nor did he tell him to leave the assembly until he repented of his sins, and got things right again. But he had David transferred from one assembly to another. Where David Hyles would soon do more damage there also. Jack Hyles clearly had sin in his life, unconfessed sin at that. And he never repented of it. he was not even fit to be a pastor, he was not ruling his house well.  Even his Daughter (Linda Murphrey) testified of how he hated her mother (his own wife) and treated her terribly. Much more could obviously be said concerning the corruption and wickedness, hypocrisy and even idolatry that was hidden in the IFB Hyles cult. But right now I'll just leave it at that. 

Therefore, I truly believe that the hypocrisy that is prevalent among MANY IFB assemblies is one of the reasons why America is in the condition that it is in.

Biblebeliever said:
prophet said:

Do you have some evidence to affirm your statement that brother Phil Kidd is a Racist? Does he not like black people, or Hispanics?

prophet said:

I was not aware that John R. Rice was raised in the KKK, and likewise that Bob Jones Sr. was paid by the KKK to preach on interracial issues. Now while there may be racism in quite a number of IFB church assemblies, at the same token, it could be said that a number of IFB church assemblies also have people of different kindreds worshiping together.

prophet said:

earnestly contend

I would dare to say that the Hyles IFB movement was also one that had a lot of hypocrisy in it. Jack Hyles preached an important truth in one of his sermons, titled "Running the Race before You" about how we (Christians) cannot run the race for God if we have unconfessed sin in our life. Now again, that is a true statement. Yet he was not following or obeying that truth. In other words, he was a hypocrite. Jack Hyles lived a double life. For he was having an affair with his Deacon's wife, and he never repented of that. But rather he lied about the situation. And then when his son, David, was causing havoc and immense damage to the lives of families in church assemblies across the nation because of his wicked behaviour of seducing married women to fornicate and commit adultery with him. Absolutely sickening. And yet Jack Hyles did not rebuke his son, nor did he tell him to leave the assembly until he repented of his sins, and got things right again. But he had David transferred from one assembly to another. Where David Hyles would soon do more damage there also. Jack Hyles clearly had sin in his life, unconfessed sin at that. And he never repented of it. he was not even fit to be a pastor, he was not ruling his house well.  Even his Daughter (Linda Murphrey) testified of how he hated her mother (his own wife) and treated her terribly. Much more could obviously be said concerning the corruption and wickedness, hypocrisy and even idolatry that was hidden in the IFB Hyles cult. But right now I'll just leave it at that. 

Therefore, I truly believe that the hypocrisy that is prevalent among MANY IFB assemblies is one of the reasons why America is in the condition that it is in.
There's no future in your frontin'.
Phil Kidd is a racist.

prophet said:
There's no future in your frontin'.

Not quite sure what you mean by this. All I asked for was  some evidence to back up your claim that Phil Kidd is a racist.  I think the term "racist" is overly used today in this politically correct culture.

prophet said:
Phil Kidd is a racist.

Again though, do you have any evidence or proof that Phil Kidd is in fact (as you say) a racist?

Did someone say Phil Kidd was emergent?  I think I about fell out of my chair laughing.

T-Bone said:
Did someone say Phil Kidd was emergent?  I think I about fell out of my chair laughing.
Kid Kidd...

earnestly contend

Biblebeliever said:

I would dispute that statement.  You cite a few IFB assemblies and assume that they are all racist or hypocrites.  The first church I attended was a small country church - they weren't followers of any of the big names you have mentioned; they just tried to do right and honor Christ. There was, as far as I know, no racism or hypocrisy there.

Went off to college and joined another church; again, no racism or hypocrisy there.

There are, perhaps 10,000 IFB churches, and even if you show ten that are blatantly racist, that is only 0.1%