The hurt and the why behind the hurt?

groupie

Elect
Reaction score
People have been hurt and move on when their pastor or other church or college staff hurts them. I think what hurts more than the hurt is the "why".

Why did the hurt have to happen in the first place?

Why is the person that got hurt shunned by the flock and the person committing the hurt never shunned?

Why tell a person for years " I love you" or "I love you doc" and then spit in their eye and be done with them at the drop of a hat?

Why is it when the person that was hurt tells others of the hurt, they are accused of being disloyal and called a backslider?

Why when the person that was hurt and crushed is vindicated are they still shinned and despised - even years or decades later? Why no apology?

Why would scores of so called Christian friends stop talking to a fellow believer after being in the same church and working in the same ministries for years?

Why would man's pastor lie about him, curse him out and mistreat him after years of friendship, bus calling and fellowship?

Why????

Groupie did this happen to you? If so are you attending church? I ask this because the why we may never know the mind of people  the questions are reasons why a person would be hurt and may never walk back into a church. If this happen to you use it as a stepping stone to help others.I have tears thinking about this because you were one of the first people to reach out to me and my husband. I'll continue later.

Groupie God bless you and your family for what you have endured....I'm so sorry you had to go through that .....its heartbreaking for me to hear .....I want to thank you for your kindness to my husband and I ....I just want to encourage you to continue that there are people who love you and care what happens to you... :)

"Forgetting the things which are behind".......

Run for the hills..........................of freedom in Christ!

groupie said:
People have been hurt and move on when their pastor or other church or college staff hurts them. I think what hurts more than the hurt is the "why".

Why is the person that got hurt shunned by the flock and the person committing the hurt never shunned?

Why tell a person for years " I love you" or "I love you doc" and then spit in their eye and be done with them at the drop of a hat?

Why is it when the person that was hurt tells others of the hurt, they are accused of being disloyal and called a backslider?

Why when the person that was hurt and crushed is vindicated are they still shinned and despised - even years or decades later? Why no apology?

Why would scores of so called Christian friends stop talking to a fellow believer after being in the same church and working in the same ministries for years?

Why would man's pastor lie about him, curse him out and mistreat him after years of friendship, bus calling and fellowship?

Why????

Human nature.

Sometimes they don't realize they are or have caused hurt. Sometimes they empathize but don't know what to say. Sometimes they don't want to listen to negative issues within their congregation. Sometimes they feel pressured (whether true or not) to "take sides" and choose to take the side of the church.

I've been through what you've been through. Been shunned. Been excommunicated. Lost lifetime friendships. Been lied about. Been criticized for things in which I had no involvement whatsoever. But it is through experiencing this kind of pain that one can learn to experience the art of forgiveness, even though it could take a very long time.

Thank you smellin coffee for sharing that... I appreciate your friendship through the years... God bless you and family

fishinnut said:

Jesus recommended something completely different in Matthew 18.

subllibrm said:
fishinnut said:

Jesus recommended something completely different in Matthew 18.
Agreed....sounds like a full-time job in his situation. After doing that....run for the hills!

Smellin Coffee said:
groupie said:

Why????

Human nature.

Sometimes they don't realize they are or have caused hurt. Sometimes they empathize but don't know what to say. Sometimes they don't want to listen to negative issues within their congregation. Sometimes they feel pressured (whether true or not) to "take sides" and choose to take the side of the church.

I've been through what you've been through. Been shunned. Been excommunicated. Lost lifetime friendships. Been lied about. Been criticized for things in which I had no involvement whatsoever. But it is through experiencing this kind of pain that one can learn to experience the art of forgiveness, even though it could take a very long time.

Not only forgiveness, but also going through the trial helps to conform us to the image of Christ. God gives the grace to walk through the trial, mercy to help us and the strength to endure the trials length.

fishinnut said:

Run for the hills..........................of freedom in Christ!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2IaOOi9QwQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Anishinaabe